wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I hope we get some news on the PC compatibility soon since its that time of year of NOT E3, expected upcoming showcase etc. And obviously new first party games would be nice too of course but well, yeah :/

Its probably too early but maybe we'll see something about whatever game Flat2VR Studios is working on porting.

I still need to wrap up my MADiSON playthrough, stopped at the Blue Knees segment a couple days ago and it wasn't due to "omg too scary!" but kinda feeling like the amount of jump scares the game throws at you towards the end is more obnoxious than anything. It makes sense thematically for what's going on in the story but also the variety of how they appear is not exactly the greatest, most of it is "entity appears in front of you briefly with LOUD NOISES". Shit starts feeling like FNAF level stuff at times. I still think its a good game but wish there was a less is more approach with the spooks towards the end, the way it ramps up in the beginning with more psychological, 'afraid of the dark' type exploration is so good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Its probably too early but maybe we'll see something about whatever game Flat2VR Studios is working on porting.

I can't remember which title, but I'm pretty sure we already know what they are working on. There was a rumor about which title and they brought it up on the Without Parole gamescast and Wes was being coy about not confirming or denying anything (his company works with them) which made it sound like the rumor was true. It wasn't a big or wellknown title though (otherwise I would have remembered it).

We should temper our expectations regarding their output. First of all, it takes time to do a flat to VR port. Second, none of the big publishers are going to employ them to do this for the foreseeable future. If those studios want a VR port, they will do it themselves.

Hanzo

Dec 10, 2023
Just bought a used psvr2, can't wait to give it a try. My plan is basically GT7.
Will also play a few upgraded psvr games i alreay own. Like The Room.
REVII isn't PSVR2 compatible, is it? Any PSVR games that may work on PSVR2 (Wipeout maybe?).

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Just bought a used psvr2, can't wait to give it a try. My plan is basically GT7.
Will also play a few upgraded psvr games i alreay own. Like The Room.
REVII isn't PSVR2 compatible, is it? Any PSVR games that may work on PSVR2 (Wipeout maybe?).

Sadly no first party PSVR1 games have gotten a PSVR2 version. Plenty of others have though. Take a look here. The Blue ones are PSVR1 games that got a PSVR2 port.

www.resetera.com

PSVR2 - The big list of every game out or confirmed as coming

Please tag me in this thread if a game is missing from the list. This started out as a list of upcoming games and a list of games planned for launch. Launch is behind us so that list is here merely for historical reasons now. The other (the long one) is now a comprehensive list of every game out...

And report back how you find GT7. Always fun to read someone's first impressions of one of the best games in VR :-)

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
The only PSVR 1 game that works on PSVR 2 without being an upgraded version is No Man's Sky, although that requires the PS5 version, so it's technically also an upgrade. I've double-dipped on The Room VR, Red Matter, A Fisherman's Tale, Doctor Who: Edge Of Time, Paper Beast, Rez Infinite, Thumper, and the Moss games, and found the Moss games and the Red Matter games especially worth replaying on PSVR 2, although honestly that's probably mostly about the fact that I think they're outstanding games. The Red Matter games, in particular, look absolutely incredible on PSVR 2.

Hanzo

Dec 10, 2023
Sadly no first party PSVR1 games have gotten a PSVR2 version. Plenty of others have though. Take a look here. The Blue ones are PSVR1 games that got a PSVR2 port.

www.resetera.com

PSVR2 - The big list of every game out or confirmed as coming

Please tag me in this thread if a game is missing from the list. This started out as a list of upcoming games and a list of games planned for launch. Launch is behind us so that list is here merely for historical reasons now. The other (the long one) is now a comprehensive list of every game out...

And report back how you find GT7. Always fun to read someone's first impressions of one of the best games in VR :-)
Thanks! Will do! My expectations are high because of all the comments I've read!

Hanzo

Dec 10, 2023
The only PSVR 1 game that works on PSVR 2 without being an upgraded version is No Man's Sky, although that requires the PS5 version, so it's technically also an upgrade. I've double-dipped on The Room VR, Red Matter, A Fisherman's Tale, Doctor Who: Edge Of Time, Paper Beast, Rez Infinite, Thumper, and the Moss games, and found the Moss games and the Red Matter games especially worth replaying on PSVR 2, although honestly that's probably mostly about the fact that I think they're outstanding games. The Red Matter games, in particular, look absolutely incredible on PSVR 2.
Will search about Red matter, never heard of it. Loved moss on psvr so will probably buy the pack for both games for psvr2.
Also wonder if WD will work on VR2, seems a bit of a mess depending on the version you own (i think i got it from ps+)

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Will search about Red matter, never heard of it. Loved moss on psvr so will probably buy the pack for both games for psvr2.
Also wonder if WD will work on VR2, seems a bit of a mess depending on the version you own (i think i got it from ps+)

I got Saints and Sinners 1 from PS Plus. I bought the Tourist upgrade for 10 USD. That unlocked the PS5/PSVR2 version.

Go to the store page for S&S on your console and scroll down. There should be an option to get the Tourist DLC. IMPORTANT: It needs to be the PS4 version of the DLC. After buying that, your whole game is now the Tourist Edition (PS4) which is what unlocks a free upgrade to the PS5 version.

So don't buy the PS5 version of the Tourist DLC.

Hanzo

Dec 10, 2023
I got Saints and Sinners 1 from PS Plus. I bought the Tourist upgrade for 10 USD. That unlocked the PS5/PSVR2 version.

Go to the store page for S&S on your console and scroll down. There should be an option to get the Tourist DLC. IMPORTANT: It needs to be the PS4 version of the DLC. After buying that, your whole game is now the Tourist Edition (PS4) which is what unlocks a free upgrade to the PS5 version.

So don't buy the PS5 version of the Tourist DLC.
Thanks, Sony should really make these things easier for their customers.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
We should temper our expectations regarding their output. First of all, it takes time to do a flat to VR port. Second, none of the big publishers are going to employ them to do this for the foreseeable future. If those studios want a VR port, they will do it themselves.

That seems to have backfired for EA/Codemasters, in relation to EA WRC. I believe Dirt 1.0 and 2.0's VR mode was outsourced, where as EA WRC was done in house.

I'm not an expert, but trying to use common sense. I would think it would be easier, and quicker, to port games that already support high framerates. The higher, the easier.

And if the game already supports 100+fps with a high FOV (like 120° fov in COD, 105° in Battlefield)...then it theoretically should be much much easier... in comparison to other games.

Then obviously implementing controls and optimization.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017

Right, which is why I said its probably too early for them to have something to show. Either way I don't think we can speak authoritatively one way or another the extent to the types of games Flat2VR Studios will be porting in the long term even if the first port is likely from a smaller indie game. Let's not forget this is part of the team that did Half-Life 2 VR which also included both episodes, which is not exactly a small game/project. I also disagree with your assumption that any big publisher would just "do it themselves", I mean we already have examples of companies outsourcing VR ports to other studios. Capcom didn't do RE4 VR on Quest, Armature did. And San Andreas VR (likely DOA as it is as this point) was being worked on by Video Games Deluxe (which also did L.A. Noire VR).

Honestly you come off as kind of dismissive of Flat2VR Studios in general which if that isn't the intent I apologize. Otherwise maybe let's not jump the gun on what is or isn't possible for them to do in terms of ports or for that matter make assumptions on what types of games and contracts they can potentially land. Obviously they're not going to port a massive AAA Sony first party title to VR but there's a lot of room in between that and indies like Neon White.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Right, which is why I said its probably too early for them to have something to show. Either way I don't think we can speak authoritatively one way or another the extent to the types of games Flat2VR Studios will be porting in the long term even if the first port is likely from a smaller indie game. Let's not forget this is part of the team that did Half-Life 2 VR which also included both episodes, which is not exactly a small game/project. I also disagree with your assumption that any big publisher would just "do it themselves", I mean we already have examples of companies outsourcing VR ports to other studios. Capcom didn't do RE4 VR on Quest, Armature did. And San Andreas VR (likely DOA as it is as this point) was being worked on by Video Games Deluxe (which also did L.A. Noire VR).

Honestly you come off as kind of dismissive of Flat2VR Studios in general which if that isn't the intent I apologize. Otherwise maybe let's not jump the gun on what is or isn't possible for them to do in terms of ports or for that matter make assumptions on what types of games and contracts they can potentially land. Obviously they're not going to port a massive AAA Sony first party title to VR but there's a lot of room in between that and indies like Neon White.

What? Nono, I am not dismissive of Flat2VR at all. Those people are incredibly tslented and I would love them to get contracts with the big publishers.

I just don't think the big publishers will do it. Either they will do it themselves or (more likely) they won't think that they will make the contract fee back in additional sales. It's the publishers I have very little faith in.

RE4 VR was not a case of Capcom outsourcing development. It was a case of Meta shoving up with one of their studios and saying "can we have a go? You won't have to pay for the port or marketing, we will. But we'll give you a share of the sales". But ultimately it was a prestige/platform owner project which is quite unlikely to have made any money for Meta directly. Indirectly via hardware sales is another matter. But Capcom would never have done it themselves without outside funding. Same reason the PSVR2 RE games exist.

LA Noire is a good point, I take that.

And thanks for mentioning Neon White. I couldn't remember the title. That's the one Flat2VR is rumored to be working on. Perfect game for a VR port. Very much hoping it's true.

That's the kind of games we should be expecting. I just don't want people to expect Returnal, Astrobot, Last of Us etc. and then crash and burn with disappointment when that's not the kind of games likely to come from Flat2VR.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
...That's the kind of games we should be expecting. I just don't want people to expect Returnal, Astrobot, Last of Us etc. and then crash and burn with disappointment when that's not the kind of games likely to come from Flat2VR.
What? Gamers having unrealistic expectations and then burning down the house when they're not met? I've never heard of such a thing.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
That's the kind of games we should be expecting. I just don't want people to expect Returnal, Astrobot, Last of Us etc. and then crash and burn with disappointment when that's not the kind of games likely to come from Flat2VR.

I do think its possible for a game with a scale like Returnal's (see the motion controls implemented in UEVR for example) but I get Sony has a history of preferring to do things in house with their own IPs just the same. But yeah never in a million years would I expect them to hand the reigns of something like TLOU to a smaller outfit for a VR port. I don't even know how you'd realistically adapt the flat games to VR anyhow with all the crouching and then prone thrown into the mix with the sequel. When a camera angle gets that low to the ground in VR it is not a pleasant feeling for the ol vestibular system :P

What? Gamers having unrealistic expectations and then burning down the house when they're not met? I've never heard of such a thing.

I don't expect the moon from Flat2VR but their team members have shown they're capable of some pretty impressive ports (the unofficial stuff). NomaiVR for instance has a full belt inventory system for Outer Wilds, a game I consider very much in the upper echelons of games in general, indie or not. Not everything needs to be AAA budget for the scale of games possible to port to VR and still be a really compelling single player experience.

Last edited:

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Curious if I would find an answer here. Have any of you played both of the Resident Evil 4 VR games and which did you prefer? The Quest VR experience or the PSVR?

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Curious if I would find an answer here. Have any of you played both of the Resident Evil 4 VR games and which did you prefer? The Quest VR experience or the PSVR?

Visuals are obviously much prettier in the PSVR2 game since it's based on Remake. But only looking at the VR mechanics, the Quest game is more polished. Feels closer to something made for VR from the ground up (even though it isn't).

But they are so incredibly different that it would never be a question of choosing the best one.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I don't know how to share YouTube community posts but GamertagVR posted pictures of him at skydance trying out behemoth on PS VR2 so I guess we'll finally get a chance to see what that game is soon.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Visuals are obviously much prettier in the PSVR2 game since it's based on Remake. But only looking at the VR mechanics, the Quest game is more polished. Feels closer to something made for VR from the ground up (even though it isn't).

But they are so incredibly different that it would never be a question of choosing the best one.

Thanks for the response! That's helpful.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017

I didn't actually know about this. I did jump on RE4 when that sale came up, but still haven't fired it up. What are the differences VR-wise between what we've got, and the Quest version?

jack.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't actually know about this. I did jump on RE4 when that sale came up, but still haven't fired it up. What are the differences VR-wise between what we've got, and the Quest version?

There's a bunch of stuff that you do with your hands like opening doors/chests, picking stuff up off the ground, etc. in the Quest version that you just hit "X" to do in the PSVR2 version. Other stuff like like pulling the pin to prime a grenade is there in Quest but not PSVR. It's all small stuff but it's definitely a nicer VR implementation that makes the whole thing a bit more immersive.

They're both great and different enough to be worth playing if you own both platforms, though. Not sure I could pick my favorite.

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
There's a bunch of stuff that you do with your hands like opening doors/chests, picking stuff up off the ground, etc. in the Quest version that you just hit "X" to do in the PSVR2 version. Other stuff like like pulling the pin to prime a grenade is there in Quest but not PSVR. It's all small stuff but it's definitely a nicer VR implementation that makes the whole thing a bit more immersive.

They're both great and different enough to be worth playing if you own both platforms, though. Not sure I could pick my favorite.

Stuff like the walkie talkie you can hold in your hands feels so much better / more realized in the Quest version, and in general yeah, the Quest version feels much more adapted to VR, where the PSVR2 version has significantly more modern AAA feeling features to it in the fights and is much more detailed, but the Quest version feels unbelievably clean and like you're right in the game on the Quest 3, not that you're living in a world. I dunno, the cartoony graphics from the original definitely give the game a very different atmosphere to it.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished MADiSON VR, can safely say it's a truly great horror game that can easily hold a place with the classics of the genre. Aside from my gripes with the amount of jump scares it throws at you in the final act its still a really well designed narrative piece with excellent pacing and some fantastic environmental storytelling. It really does elevate the P.T. formula and expands on it in a way other titles inspired by it haven't been able to manage. It's also something that lingers with you after completing it, practically feels like you've been through a paranormal experience, something VR certainly enhances the feeling of.

It's also a game that really punches above its weight graphically, the dynamic lighting adds so much to the presentation. BLOODIOUS GAMES really outdid themselves with this port. If you can deal with the scares this is a must play VR game.

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished MADiSON VR, can safely say it's a truly great horror game that can easily hold a place with the classics of the genre. Aside from my gripes with the amount of jump scares it throws at you in the final act its still a really well designed narrative piece with excellent pacing and some fantastic environmental storytelling. It really does elevate the P.T. formula and expands on it in a way other titles inspired by it haven't been able to manage. It's also something that lingers with you after completing it, legit feels like you've been through a paranormal experience, something VR certainly enhances the feeling of.

It's also a game that really punches above its weight graphically, the dynamic lighting adds so much to the presentation. BLOODIOUS GAMES really outdid themselves with this port. If you can deal with the scares this is a must play VR game.
I literally bought it two minutes after it was up on the store and still haven't played it because I'm a scaredy-cat.

NinjaLooter

Oct 1, 2023

This why some people say that Village has the better VR mode than RE4R.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
STRIDE: Fates comes out in a little less than two days, looks like a much more combat focused take on Mirror's Edge. Trailer is 🔥

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYh7xciadr8

STRIDE: Fates

Uncover Airon Citys secrets in STRIDE Fates, a parkour-driven shooter.

I literally bought it two minutes after it was up on the store and still haven't played it because I'm a scaredy-cat.

I thought I was mostly desensitized to horror games but MADiSON really provides another level of scares and tension. Lisa from P.T. ain't got shit on the titular "Madison" :P

Last edited:

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
legendary tales is on sale for the first time, is it still one of the best VR game ever after all the dust is settled?

Azurewrath

May 14, 2024
Stuff like the walkie talkie you can hold in your hands feels so much better / more realized in the Quest version, and in general yeah, the Quest version feels much more adapted to VR, where the PSVR2 version has significantly more modern AAA feeling features to it in the fights and is much more detailed, but the Quest version feels unbelievably clean and like you're right in the game on the Quest 3, not that you're living in a world. I dunno, the cartoony graphics from the original definitely give the game a very different atmosphere to it.

Quest version does have the better natural VR implementation (it was made entirely from the ground up vs VR2 was made right after development of the flat finished to be a VR mode) but the PSVR2 version does have other things going for it that are superior than the Quest version. Besides the better haptics, adaptive triggers, graphics, etc. The reload system is much tighter and has a few cool tricks (can reload the shotguns, Sarah Connor and Terminator style, gun spinning revolvers, etc). The knife and parry implementation from the flat versions also carries over and changes the game entirely compared to the Quest version. There's also a misconception that you can't pick up objects and need to push "X" but you can pick up treasures, ammo boxes, gold, documents, etc. It just shows the "X" prompt so everyone does it that way and honestly prefer pushing the button since RE4 is quite a fast paced game anyways. Either way, both great games but IMO, VR2 version is much more replayable and superior.

Azurewrath

May 14, 2024
legendary tales is on sale for the first time, is it still one of the best VR game ever after all the dust is settled?

It is one of the best VR games in the ecosystem, since there's nothing quite like it. It is a full RPG that will take 30-40 hours in your first playthrough. It has 6 dungeons in a semi-open world hub. There's also bosses that are quite challenging and the skill system and loot is similar to Diablo 1. Combat is Souls-like and parrying is immensely satisfying. I had a lot of fun beating the game multiple times (one of the few to have the Platinum ;) and even more fun playing co-op, just beating enemies to a pulp. There's a ton of build variety (fire, lightning, ice mage/1H -2H melee, fist, archery, stealth dagger, etc). Solid recommend if you wanna get invested in the world, just know it is still an indie game and there isn't a ton of enemy variety or voice acting. There is NG+ and permadeath mode as well if you want to get into that.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Without Parole wasn't too hot on STRIDE: Fates. Seems climbing is really janky with getting the IK arms stuck in geometry, and there's just not that much parkour vs shooting. If you're gonna do a game with lots of climbing in VR, IK arms probably aren't the best choice. Definitely a case where floating hands ie The Climb 1&2 is the way to go. Boneworks and Bonelab had similar issues with its full IK body, made vaulting up onto platforms super trial and error.

Oct 25, 2017
Without Parole wasn't too hot on STRIDE: Fates. Seems climbing is really janky with getting the IK arms stuck in geometry, and there's just not that much parkour vs shooting. If you're gonna do a game with lots of climbing in VR, IK arms probably aren't the best choice. Definitely a case where floating hands ie The Climb 1&2 is the way to go. Boneworks and Bonelab had similar issues with its full IK body, made vaulting up onto platforms super trial and error.
IK should be fine for arms in a climbing game because it should just be determining position and rotation from the tracked hand positions. Getting it wrong shouldn't impact what the hands are doing.

I can understand why it would impact vaulting when feet aren't tracked.

Though I remember the floating Hands getting stuck on scenery in Horizon Call of the Mountain.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
was excited for Stride but after the review, I am not lol, Sony why can't you just port blooth and true, geez.

sonnyboy

Oct 25, 2017
This is just crazy to me. Too many great experiences locked behind the old hardware.

Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way but it feels like Sony realized that the PSVR2 wasn't going to be successful before it even launched. Early on in the process, I remember feeling like it wasn't advertised heavily by Sony.

I mostly use my set for GT7 and it's a great experience! But it's an experience that hasn't seen one update since it's debut. No optimizations, no enhancements, no addition of key/necessary features that are missing. I guess the simple response is that it's on the developer to do those things... But we (GT fans) have seen Sony force PD to do certain things in the past. It's just all very weird and off putting.

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
The game needs better tracking. The game is too much for the Move controllers to handle.

Oh for sure, the game with it's current structure/design would be massively improved by better tracking. All the games with any kind of hand tracking or weapon aiming suffered from the limitations of the Moves/the camera. But we should not forget that this is merely a lightgun shooter. It could be so much more by just letting you walk around the environments.

Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way but it feels like Sony realized that the PSVR2 wasn't going to be successful before it even launched. Early on in the process, I remember feeling like it wasn't advertised heavily by Sony.

I mostly use my set for GT7 and it's a great experience! But it's an experience that hasn't seen one update since it's debut. No optimizations, no enhancements, no addition of key/necessary features that are missing. I guess the simple response is that it's on the developer to do those things... But we (GT fans) have seen Sony force PD to do certain things in the past. It's just all very weird and off putting.

I am very curious to see if any of the bigger PSVR2 titles - especially those from Sony and Capcom - will get any notable enhancements when PS5 Pro launches. That really will be the deciding factor for me whether I will buy the Pro or not.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tired to put contect lens, i'm about to buy lense. So I wasn't sure about optician vr or hons vr. But the price difference with my ordonnance was pretty insane on Optician vr. So does hons vr worth it ? it has great promotion right now that would cost me 70 with shipping.

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
I'm tired to put contect lens, i'm about to buy lense. So I wasn't sure about optician vr or hons vr. But the price difference with my ordonnance was pretty insane on Optician vr. So does hons vr worth it ? it has great promotion right now that would cost me 70 with shipping.

VROptician and Reloptix are the two really good ones. Hons is... "fine". But it's a question of luck. They have quality control issues. Wrong prescription, lenses that fall our of the frames, frames that fall out of the headset. But their customer service is reportedly very good at fixing issues.

Just be aware that there is a very real reason for them being cheaper. Sometimes they fuck up. Some people have head zero issues, but there are definitely a lot more people that have issues with them than VROptician en Reloptix. Though it must be said, among the discount brands (Hons, VR-Rock, VR Wave), Hons seems to be the best one.

Azurewrath

May 14, 2024

VR Optician lens are fantastic, only gripe is the high cost, shipping time, and it's kinda difficult to put it back on (especially if you wanna share with family/friends). Some other manufacturers use magnetic, which sounds easy to put on/off.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
I would be pretty surprised if the RE games got an update for the VR portion. GT7 I can see though.

I think the real indication on if Sony are still somewhat supporting PSVR2 will come if we see an update to reprojection and what they actually end up doing with PC

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
I would be pretty surprised if the RE games got an update for the VR portion. GT7 I can see though.

I think the real indication on if Sony are still somewhat supporting PSVR2 will come if we see an update to reprojection and what they actually end up doing with PC

It wouldn't be that hard to just change the framerate limit from 60 to 90 and call it a day, assuming that 90 is well within tolerance of the new system. I'd think that type of improvement should take less than a single day to implement and a couple days to test, if that.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017

I hope we can get away from this way of thinking, especially in this thread. It might not be like how some want, but it is getting supported...I believe the total #of PSVR2 titles on the PS Store has just passed 200 (not counting unreleased games). And there was just a showcase where 3 more AAAish games were announced.

We'll see if any first party games get announced in the next few weeks at their upcoming show. But imo, I think they will fund new games from 3rd Party Studios. I also think they will port some key PSVR2 titles to PC, when the PC/PSVR2 plans come to fruition. Hell THEN they might have incentive to port over some of their PSVR1 games to release them on PC to get new sales (like they did with their PS4 games this gen, Uncharted, Last of Us, Ghost).. which gave incentive to release PS5 versions as well. So that is one way I can see PS5 ports of PSVR1 titles.

As far as their RE titles, I would think Capcom would just need to turn off reprojection for the game to look better...and have the game run at 90fps locked.. or 120fps, if the game is more GPU intensive. I think that is what will happen for many upcoming graphics heavy games... reprojection on the regular PS5, and no reprojection on the PS5 Pro (on top of other improvements).

Also... now that I think about it...
maybe the reason GT7 hasn't been announced for PC yet, is because they want to launch it when with the PSVR2 supports PC. I know some will say, you don't need a PSVR2 headset when there are many to choose from on PC... but I'm not sure how well the game is going to run on various cards without Eye Tracking Foveated Rendering. The more powerful cards might just brute force it, though.

Oooor GT7 might be the one game they feel they want to keep exclusive to PlayStation. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Minsc

Oct 28, 2017
As far as their RE titles, I would think Capcom would just need to turn off reprojection for the game to look better...and have the game run at 90fps locked.. or 120fps, if the game is more GPU intensive. I think that is what will happen for many upcoming graphics heavy games... reprojection on the regular PS5, and no reprojection on the PS5 Pro (on top of other improvements).

AFAIK it's not an AND / OR situation. 60 = reprojection on. Period. You can't do 60fps without reprojection because the headset is incapable of running at 60 fps in the first place (it runs only at 90 or 120). And when you move to 90fps you can't use reprojection anymore.

That's my understanding of it anyway!

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
AFAIK it's not an AND / OR situation. 60 = reprojection on. Period. You can't do 60fps without reprojection because the headset is incapable of running at 60 fps in the first place (it runs only at 90 or 120). And when you move to 90fps you can't use reprojection anymore.

That's my understanding of it anyway!

Yes, basically future graphic heavy games = 60fps reprojected to 120fps on regular PS5.

Where as those games are 90fps locked on PS5 Pro, or depending on the game, 120fps locked.