Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Update on my post about what I mentioned about PC gamers: They did good and should have kept the pressure on Sony. Found out Sony is the reason why steam isn't opening the other regions back up. What an A-hole thing to do. I support the PC gamers if they go back on strike too.

Mar 7, 2020
USA
According to steam, Sony is the one that pulled the game from all those regions, and also not to reinstate the sale of HD2.

to-all-people-saying-it-was-steams-decision-to-restrict-v0-crdqi3ik1szc1.png

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017

373fe3knquzc1.png

Steam support guy says "looks like" and I would not take that as any official statement. Could very well be but I still think it sound like it is Valve doing it.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
373fe3knquzc1.png

Steam support guy says "looks like" and I would not take that as any official statement. Could very well be but I still think it sound like it is Valve doing it.
They can't say with certainty it's Sony unless Sony issues a statement about it.

So they have to write with plausible deniability.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I wouldn't put too much stock into a steam support person knowing the full situation, I'd imagine Valve would block those countries from being relisted atleast until sony removes the "requires PSN account" from the store page, if they just forced all those countries to be relisted and Sony pulled something else in the future there'd be another heap of trouble and that reflects poorly on Valve too

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
I cant imagine the fights two middle managers are having within sony rn. Someone is probably the head of PSN and needs the Active Users up, and keeps pushing its need, which is now killing overall sales for regions its not supported which is def screwing someone else over at Sony.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
I cant imagine the fights two middle managers are having within sony rn. Someone is probably the head of PSN and needs the Active Users up, and keeps pushing its need, which is now killing overall sales for regions its not supported which is def screwing someone else over at Sony.
Doubt this is being fought out on such a low executive level. Wouldn't be surprised if even current SIE CEO Hiroki Totoki is involved. Their live service initiative has a high priority within the division.