Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Just a reminder, Virtuous and XPEC Art Center did the bulk of 3D modeling on Horizon Zero Dawn. We'll see if launch PS5 games will be affected if coronavirus delays the contributions of those large Asian offsourcing partners.

Oct 26, 2017
Horizon2 with great reviews has the potential sell ton of PS5's day 1.

Demon's Souls & Ratchet are fan favourites, but I don't want them to be launch games. Let PS5 move some units first before releasing them.

PS5s are going to sell out no matter what on day 1. Strategically it would be better to launch Horizon 2 during the first year so that people who bought day 1 have something to look forward to that isn't too far away and people who are on the fence could be persuaded.

Demon's Souls & Ratchet are perfect for launch because even though they're fan favourites, I wouldn't consider them big blockbusters. Launch games always sell well so it would boost the numbers for those two games compared to Horizon 2 which will sell great regardless of when it is released.

But if it were up to me I'd want em all at launch.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
HZD2 will be a launch year game. Could be a launch game or a spring 2021 release. But GG is a damn efficient studio and Hermen's plan for Guerilla was releasing a game every 2-3 years. Fall 2021 is probably the lastest possible release date for Horizon.

Sora78

Jun 3, 2018
My wishlist on PS5 first year line-up :

*Ratchet & Clank 2 = Launch Title
*Demon's Souls Remake = Launch Title
*Gran Turismo 7 = December 2020
*The Last Of Us Part II Multiplayer = December 2020
*Horizon Zero Dawn II = April 2021
*Japan Studio = May 2021
*Wild = August 2021
*Spider-Man II = November 2021

Last edited:

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
My wishlist on PS5 line-up :

Bloodborne 2.

End of the list.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I'd trade every PS5 exclusive for Persona 6 as a PS5 launch game but knowing Atlus, it's probably gonna take until 2022 for P6 to come out. T_T

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
My wishlist on PS5 first year line-up :

*Ratchet & Clank 2 = Launch Title
*Demon's Souls Remake = Launch Title
*Gran Turismo 7 = December 2020
*The Last Of Us Part II Multiplayer = December 2020
*Horizon Zero Dawn II = April 2021
*Japan Studio = May 2021
*Wild = August 2021
*Spider-Man II = November 2021
I'll shift those around a bit for what makes most sense for me:
  • New Ratchet game = launch title
  • Demon's Souls Remake = Launch title
  • Japan Studio = Launch title
  • Housemarque's AAA = Launch title
  • Guilty Gear Strive = Launch title (currently announced for PS4 in late 2020, so i can see sony convincing arcsys into making it a PS4/PS5/PC title for a launch day fighter)
  • Horizon New Dawn (temporary name) = February-March 2021
  • Gran Turismo 7 = April-May 2021
  • The Last of Us Factions: Part II (temporary name) = July 2021
  • Marvel's Spiderman 2 = September-October 2021
Wild not in the launch year (if it even ends up coming out)

I dont think a December 2020 title is really needed, so i moved those to 2021. I dont think ND's MP team will be around by H1 2021, even if they will originally announce it for May or something.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
For me:
Demon's Souls Remake: Launch Title
Game from Sony Japan Studio: Launch Title
Horizon 2: February/March 2021
Marvel's Spider-Man 2: September 2021
God of War: Spring 2022
Gran Turismo 7: Fall 2022.
Game from Housemarque: TBD 2022
WiLD: TBD 2022

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Another new hire from SMS: Joel Grattan has joined the studio as a level designer.

eQOm0oi.jpg

Guess he had enough of crunch :P

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I was thinking 2022 would be around 6 years after P5 came out in Japan but it's probably gonna take longer than that lol.

Definitely, I'd say 2022 is when we can expect their new IP, with maybe another Persona a couple of years after that. Still need a couple of more spinoffs before a new mainline game.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Horizon aint launching with the PS5, Sony does not need a juggernaut like it at launch.

Launch: DeS, Ratchet, Housemarque/SIE Japan Title

Match 2021: HZD2

September 21: GT7

December 21: Spiderman 2

Oct 25, 2017
Funnily enough a pretty decent Ape Escape 3 retrospective pushed me over the edge to finally buy and play AE2 and 3. Already completed the first game (I feel of all the PS1 games I've revisited, its probably the one that holds up the absolute best, excellent platformer) but I might give the PSP remake a try just out of curiosity.
It's why no remake yet saddens me. If theirs one franchise that absolutely holds up gameplay wise it's ape escape. I just assume ape escape 3 never happened with the ps2 classic because of konami in order to feel better about it

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
The wildcard at this point is SIE japan's next game. We could be talking about anything from Siren/New horror IP to Ape Escape.

I still think launching Ape Escape next to Ratchet is completely unfair to AE.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I am really curious to see when will Fortnite and Apex drop on the PS5. It will run PS4 games so there is no need to rush, but at the same time having those games actually running on PS5 graphics at launch when there is not a lot to play would probably give them a good boost with early adopters (not that they need... but it's always nice to have!).

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
My wishlist:

GG takes all the time in the world to make HDZ2 the most beautiful, ambitious, fantastic game they could possibly make. I really don't want it to be a launch game.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
See I am one of those guys that want them AAA sequels to come out later

let HZ and SpiderMan etc.... come after

the early PS5 days must be for R&C and Ape Escape and Demon's Souls etc...

KZ MP or a new GG MP IP before Horizon 2

Status
Not open for further replies.