• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Idk about it selling as good as spiderman and Gow but I know I got laughed out the thread when I suggested days gone would do better than death stranding. I got no horse in y'all sales race but we ain't about to revise history and act like ppl weren't expecting death stranding to be some 90+ meta game with fantastic sales and for days gone to bomb

Considering Death Stranding being "that awkward thing nobody understands" and Days Gone being a Open World Zombie game. Two really popular things.

I think it's just common sense to think Days Gone will sales more than Death Stranding.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
Considering Death Stranding being "that awkward thing nobody understands" and Days Gone being a Open World Zombie game. Two really popular things.

I think it's just common sense to think Days Gone will sales more than Death Stranding.
Common sense isn't a guarantee once people are set on disliking something.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I find funny and sad how we completely lost any hope about a PlayStation Meeting event happening sooner rather than later yet we were conviced it would absolutely be in February for the past 2 years now. SAD.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

You must haven't seen Days Gone threads in here, common sense was not happening. Also had the classic "zombie fatigue" argument lol that turn out well.

Oct 24, 2019
Souls like is used to describe such a wide variety of things and is usually as broad as "This boss killed me more than once" that it's lost all meaning. Metroidvania is much better in that its describing a game where you unlock older paths with new items/abilities, but it's a terrible name and i wish they'd find new terminology so game discussion/reviews don't sound the same.

Sounds like an issue with people incorrectly using the terminology rather than an issue with the terminology itself

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
I would be shocked if that was PS5 footage, more like a really suped up PC. 4k with 120 FPS would be impressive enough.
4K 120 hz would make 1080p 240 hz doable.

The 8k 120 hz thing doesn't have anything to do with PS5. Yamauchi/PD has a tendency to experiment with crazy configurations. Stuff like running GT on 4 PS3s so it can run at crazy resolutions.

The 2160p screen used the systems to each draw one quarter of the screen at a normal HD 1080p resolution, and the images were combined on the fly using a high-end Sony digital cinema projector to show a high-quality image on a 220-inch screen.

As for the 240 frames per second demonstration, a Sony prototype screen using FED technology combined four PS3 systems each running 1080p at 60 frames per second

Oct 24, 2019
You must haven't seen Days Gone threads in here, common sense was not happening. Also had the classic "zombie fatigue" argument lol that turn out well.

god the anti-Days Gone sentiment was so fucking annoying. People would proclaim zombie games are over saturated and boring, then proudly proclaim how excited they are for The Last of Us II and Resident Evil 2.

When I'd point out that they just defeated their own argument, they'd say that TLOU doesn't have "real" zombies while conveniently ignoring that Days Gone doesn't have "real" zombies either.

Such tedious cognitive dissonance on display

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Oct 25, 2017
god the anti-Days Gone sentiment was so fucking annoying. People would proclaim zombie games are over saturated and boring, then proudly proclaim how excited they are for The Last of Us II and Resident Evil 2.

When I'd point out that they just defeated their own argument, they'd say that TLOU doesn't have "real" zombies while conveniently ignoring that Days Gone doesn't have "real" zombies either.

Maaaaaan that shit was the funniest shit ever. Throw dying light 2 in there too

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

Samething happening now in Ghost of Tsushima threads.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
You guys talking about the Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima threads lol, I remember when there was a "debate" as to whether Spider-Man would sell well or not.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019

Well, if internet thread were fuelled by common sense, we never been already in OT6 here !

And I guess "Zombie Fatigue" is the same thing as "Super Hero fatigue" some people claims since 2012 and the 1st Avengers released

Last edited:

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
lmao yeah, forgot about that one. Zombie games are nowhere near as prevalent as they used to be, and they've remained popular for literal decades for a reason.

People just REALLY wanted to hate Days Gone for some reason lol
When that E3 ended and the "one last thing" moment dropped, people wanted to see TLOU 2, instead got another zombie game from a developer that almost no one knew of, yet. It sucks, but i think that's when the hate started.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Lol for Sony's E3 2018 Press Conference, they literally structured it around their 4 big tentpole titles, The Last of Us Part II, Marvel's Spider-Man, Ghost of Tsushima, and Death Stranding. They could've included Days Gone and made it part of the "big 5" but they instead showed it during the PRE-SHOW. That's definitely where you advertise your next big thing.

And this thing about "Sony will only talk about sales when a record breaks" is funny to me. So hypothetically, you're telling me that if Death Stranding sold incredibly well and passed God of War for the #2 spot for fastest selling Sony game but fell 100k short of beating Spider-Man that Sony WOULDN'T talk about it? Lol please tell me that's what you're saying.

Yeah and we're gonna just pretend to forgot that he got a full month coverage with Game Informer in May 2018 and was supposed to released pretty soon at the moment while E3 was focused on long term and the conference program fixed prior to the last delay.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019
Well, if internet thread were fuelled by common sense, we never been already in OT6 here !

And I guess "Zombie Fatigue" is the same thing as "Super Hero fatigue" some people claims since 2012 and the 1st Avengers released

Just wait for God of War 2 to get announced after AC Vikings and people start complain about "Norse mythology fatigue" 😂

Deleted member 45773

Banned
Jul 10, 2018
Yeah and we're gonna just pretend to forgot that he got a full month coverage with Game Informer in May 2018 and was supposed to released pretty soon at the moment while E3 was focused on long term and the conference program fixed prior to the last delay.
Dreams got a full month of Game Informer coverage and most people I hear from here tell me that Sony didn't market the game well. But debating whether Days Gone was advertised as a tentpole title is pointless and was not the original point of this discussion. My original point was whether Death Stranding met expectations, but you keep strawmanning and saying it didn't flop as if that was what I said.

Also interesting that you pretended to forget to address my point that if Death Stranding passed God of War for the #2 fastest selling Sony of all time whether or not Sony would announce that since they only talk about when games break records, I'm still waiting...

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Dreams got a full month of Game Informer coverage and most people I hear from here tell me that Sony didn't market the game well. But debating whether Days Gone was advertised as a tentpole title is pointless and was not the original point of this discussion. My original point was whether Death Stranding met expectations, but you keep strawmanning and saying it didn't flop as if that was what I said.

Also interesting that you pretended to forget to address my point that if Death Stranding passed God of War for the #2 fastest selling Sony of all time whether or not Sony would announce that since they only talk about when games break records, I'm still waiting...

As I've said, all seems to point that Days Gone made 5M
If that was not a "tentpole"...
It's like saying a movie with 950M Box Office is bad because some movies had already made 2 Billions...

I will not even tried to discuss about how talking about "Tentpole" is exaggeration tho...

For Death Stranding, what are you trying to say?
It's not number 2 fastest selling 1st Party Game?

Yeah... I think is not even on top 10...
But once again... I do not see where it made it a flop...

Or 99,99% of games are flops each years...

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Something about...

"The game based on real history is 'try hard' more than Samurai defeating demons and absorbing their souls."

Or "Don't want to play a Japanese setting game made by a Seattle studio."

Or "downgraded from E3 2018." Etc.

Somethings like that.

Deleted member 45773

Banned
Jul 10, 2018
As I've said, all seems to point that Days Gone made 5M
If that was not a "tentpole"...
It's like saying a movie with 950M Box Office is bad because some movies had already made 2 Billions...

I will not even tried to discuss about how talking about "Tentpole" is exaggeration tho...

For Death Stranding, what are you trying to say?
It's not number 2 fastest selling 1st Party Game?

Yeah... I think is not even on top 10...
But once again... I do not see where it made it a flop...

Or 99,99% of games are flops each years...
Lol you're literally arguing against points I did not make. I said Days Gone was not advertised or touted as a tentpole title BEFORE launch, how well it sold afterwards is irrelevant to my point, which again has nothing to do with the original argument. Gravity Rush 2 could've sold 50M but please don't tell me that it was promoted as a tentpole title by Sony.

And again, I have literally never said that Death Stranding flopped, please point to where I said such a horrible thing that seems to make you so angry.

Also, the point I'm making which I clearly said was a HYPOTHETICAL about whether Sony would announce IF Death Stranding somehow passed God of War for #2 fastest selling Sony title was that YOU said they only announce sales for games that break records.

Based on your logic, hypothetically if Death Stranding passed God of War, Sony would not announce that, understand?

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Lol you're literally arguing against points I did not make. I said Days Gone was not advertised or touted as a tentpole title BEFORE launch, how well it sold afterwards is irrelevant to my point, which again has nothing to do with the original argument. Gravity Rush 2 could've sold 50M but please don't tell me that it was promoted as a tentpole title by Sony.

And again, I have literally never said that Death Stranding flopped, please point to where I said such a horrible thing that seems to make you so angry.

Also, the point I'm making which I clearly said was a HYPOTHETICAL about whether Sony would announce IF Death Stranding somehow passed God of War for #2 fastest selling Sony title was that YOU said they only announce sales for games that break records.

Based on your logic, hypothetically if Death Stranding passed God of War, Sony would not announce that, understand?

I've said they talked quick after the launch if sales reached a milestone.

Being the 2nd fastest selling 1st Party all time is a milestone...

So of course they'll talked about if that was the case.

I'm not saying YOU are talking about flop.

But that was the departure of the conversation, people guessing it was a flop based on Sony's silence and irrelevant sources.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019

BTW, surpassing GoW means surpassing HZD in New IP 1st Party launch. Meaning record break

Deleted member 45773

Banned
Jul 10, 2018
Alright, since you weren't talking about me claiming that Death Stranding flopped, we can put that to rest, a miscommunication. And you're right, you did say milestones, based on what I've heard before (not from you) people would claim that a game needs to break the previous sales record of another for Sony to talk about how well it did, I incorrectly put that assumption on you. We got other disagreements, but they weren't relevant to my original point, so we can put this bed.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
What's with the bizarre language surrounding the potential P5 Switch port?

"Keep fighting for P5 on Switch", "Free Persona" and etc.

Sony isn't holding the game hostage on PS platforms; there isn't any exclusivity deal in place, lol

Jan 20, 2019

Sony isn't holding the game hostage on PS platforms; there isn't any exclusivity deal in place, lol

That is actualy not the worst part, the worst part is the company that owns the game asking the fans to port beg their game and peopel just do it xD

That atlus marketing guy deserves a raise.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
But that was the departure of the conversation, people guessing it was a flop based on Sony's silence and irrelevant sources
As I feel indirectly alluded, I'll say that this is pure invention, unsaid by anybody except yourself. Not once it's been written or insinuated that Death Stranding flopped, neither by me, DLB3 or somebody else in the last three pages. Any affirmation in this issue was actually the opposite, that it's performed well, though I don't know why getting this point across is proving to be so hard. Besides, this conversation started with the topic of marketing, you're the only one who's been speaking of its success or lack of from the beginning.

With regard to your irrelevant sources comment, I throw in the towel. If you hold as untrustworthy the corporations that have been running sales charts for decades, what's even the point.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017

It's a publicity campaign, the game is almost certainly headed to Switch and has been for a while

Oct 25, 2017
Give Me God of War on New Game Plus with default armor it IMPOSSIBLE. I'm stuck at the Wildwood's Edge. Trying to beat this section literally takes up 15 minutes without trying to get hit once because the enemies will kill you in one blow. There's also the part where they will eventually power up and the whole process takes longer. Also, the runners are annoying.

I've been at this for months now.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It makes sense for some studios(especially japanese) to release on ps4 first as that is where they will get most their sales. I saw the same rubbish with yakuza and kingdom hearts to a lesser extent.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

It is so weird

Their entire marketing campaign is about the fans portbegging it lmao

fersnake

Nov 17, 2017
Guatemala

Cory's reply tho xD

4eab5003ac13be87bb9a45f94b4c0130.png

Status
Not open for further replies.