• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

As speculated, the other Team17 game to be announced this week will be Playtonic's. They're hinting at a bee theme, so is it possible that we actually will see a Yooka-Laylee spin-off focusing on Capital B? That would be one heck of a twist.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
BUCK BUMBLE IS BACK BAYBEEE

I WAS FUCKIN' BEAT BY SECONDS AND I AM UPSET

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Now the speculation of Playtonic working on a Banjo game can stop... probably

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
latest

I didn't love Yooka Laylee but I'm still interested to see what they do next.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't appear to be starring Schell though.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully they'll not try as hard to replicate a 3D platformer from the late 90s, warts and all.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Please be another collectathon platformer like Yooka-Laylee. It did pretty much everything that was promised and I want more.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Contrary to the popular opinion I liked Yooka-Laylee, I knew what I was getting and still gave them my money on the Kickstarter, so I'm really interested.

Last edited:

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
They always planned to have their next games in the Yooka-Laylee universe, so I imagine it will bee.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yooka Laylee was pretty mediocre and low rent at times but I'm interested to see if they develop the series further or branch out into a different type of retro genre maybe.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Looking forward. Yooka-Laylee is undeniably a very flawed game even after all the patches, but I still enjoyed the large majority of my time with it. Hope they take the criticism they received to heart.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Yooka-Laylee was fine for what it was. I enjoyed my time with it, at least.

Now that they've staffed up and worked together for a few years I'm eager to see their next game. I'm hopeful it's going to improve on Y-L in nearly every way. :)

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
I hope they took the feedback from YK to heart. Even though I found it medicore, even bad at times, I'm looking forward to their next project.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
NO FUCKING WAY.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING WAY IT'S BUCK BUMBLE. AHAHAHAH HAHA

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wish them luck, hope its much better the YL.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Ok let's see.

I wanted to love YL so bad, but I just didn't. I did recently finish it but the game overall just didn't do much for me. Loved the first world, that one was great, the rest not so much.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
So excited.

Yooka Laylee was flawed but I still appreciated it and I'm very excited for the reveal tomorrow.

Sounds like a Capital B spin off.

Probably not a collectathon then.

I have no idea what they could do with his character but I do love his design.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Digi Raddude

A hip Australian delves into a wacky online world.

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Yooka was a good first attempt, excited to see what their next project is. Was kinda hoping it'd be Banjo-Threeie, but the "bee" hint and an announcement before MS' conference rule that out.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just curious but wasn't the overall feedback towards YL was that it wasn't so good?

It was that it was ok but took too much from platformers of old, warts and all, ignoring innovations in the genre since to make a game really of that style.

Hopefully a sequel building on top of what they already have from scratch, together with taking the feedback in to account can result in a improved game

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
I liked Yooka-Laylee a lot. It had flaws for sure and some annoyances but I don't really understand how people grouped it with the likes of Mighty Number 9.

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I'm a big Banjo-Tooie fan (more than Banjo-Kazooie), so I liked Yooka-Laylee more than the average Joe. Give me Yooka-Laylee 2 with lessons learned from 1 (crisper controls, less intrusive camera, better boss design, etc.) and a cohesive soundtrack (Grant Kirkhope only), and I'll be a happy camper.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
While flawed, Yooka-Laylee was a wonderful game for me. Hopefully with all that has been learned, next game will be top notch.