• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CrashBash

Feb 24, 2024
The Disney Channel Variety show was awesome. Really surprised Disney hasn't tried to make more House of Mouse-esque shows to keep their older IP relevant.

noodlesoup

Feb 21, 2018
Chicago, IL
Alex may have wanted to end it, but Disney Plus kept screwing with the show's timeslot.

The 3 month gap from Episode 9 (Nov 2014) to Episode 10 (Feb 2015) didn't help.
Ah, I remember that. Those months-long hiatuses were brutal. Disney knew they had a hit on their hands and wanted to stretch out its success for as long as possible.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Are these pilots just made by creators to sell the concept to Disney? Is that why they never made it online?

entut1

Mar 31, 2023
For the DuckTales reboot, many pitch bibles, storyboards and early drafts of episodes, including early drafts of the pilot leaked. As well as the famed scrapped Frank Angones Darkwing Duck reboot pitch:

www.mediafire.com

MediaFire

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
In retrospect, it's surprising that Gravity Falls didn't lean much into aliens, compared to how that "next time" video has UFOs.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The sorta 'less defined' (at least compared to its final releases) on these always gets to me. I love how much stranger these shows tend to look at first.

bob1.jpg

Paradox

Oct 28, 2017

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Bob's Burgers was originally about them making burgers...out of dead bodies?

The show is probably one of the cosiest, sweetest, most heartfelt out there. That's...quite the thematic jump.
Yeah I remember seeing that and then realizing that they just made a twist from the pilot. The earlier seasons do feel different and kind of really wild still but it definitely shifted the more they went along.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It's interesting seeing how radically redesigned Wendy (I assume) is in that Gravity Falls one. And how they did wind up using some of those gags/monsters in the main show.

The Disney Channel Variety show was awesome. Really surprised Disney hasn't tried to make more House of Mouse-esque shows to keep their older IP relevant.

I've got two theories for why that didn't go anywhere:

1. It'd monopolize IP they wanted to use elsewhere (Chip and Dale, Stitch) and execs or creatives didn't think of just using different characters.
2. Some of the changes/gags felt a little out there/too removed. Like shouldn't Tigger be plush inside?

Though the idea itself, and a lot of the comic timing in that pilot, are great. Hopefully someone would get to try again with the concept.

Twohearts

Feb 8, 2024
Straya
For the DuckTales reboot, many pitch bibles, storyboards and early drafts of episodes, including early drafts of the pilot leaked. As well as the famed scrapped Frank Angones Darkwing Duck reboot pitch:

www.mediafire.com

MediaFire

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

god we were robbed that Darkwing Duck is everything.
A lot of these pilots are pretty cool, I like the Thunderbeards a lot