• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
I'm sitting here being all proud of the fact that I'm the only trainer I've ever seen with a Milotic buddy, dreading the day they do a Feebas community event.

100 candies was fine, I used super candies and it was in eggs. 400 candies with only walking is another story.

Next impossible Mon to get for me is Salazzle.
I only ever had one Salandit and it was male.

Zero_IYAD

Oct 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I need help with a few gifts to complete the Vivillon medal.
Need gifts from Ocean, Sun & Tundra regions.
I can send gifts from Continental region.

Please add me:
ZeroIYAD
1759 2167 6286

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
It's been years since Gen 5 hit Go and most of Gen 6 and 7 are in, but non-event spawn pools have by and large remained absolutely dominated by Gen 1-4. What's the deal?

I'm sitting here being all proud of the fact that I'm the only trainer I've ever seen with a Milotic buddy, dreading the day they do a Feebas community event.
I have a perfect Milotic. :3

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
It's been years since Gen 5 hit Go and most of Gen 6 and 7 are in, but non-event spawn pools have by and large remained absolutely dominated by Gen 1-4. What's the deal?
Is that even true or just perception bias?

Lillipup, Pidove, Purrloin, Ducklett are all Gen 5 and spawn like mad. Fletchling, Swirlix, Spritzee, Bunnelby is coming Gen 6 stuff. Gen 7 has a lot of unreleased stuff but Yungoos, Toucannon bird and Stufful are very common.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much just got into the game and now can't put it down. Now focusing on the Vivillon hunt. Looking for the following: Archipelago, Icy Snow, Monsoon, Savanna, Tundra and Sandstorm. Any help is appreciated. I'll remove after a single medal. Common Modern here. Please add Daaknyss: 0221 6617 6052

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Is that even true or just perception bias?

Lillipup, Pidove, Purrloin, Ducklett are all Gen 5 and spawn like mad. Fletchling, Swirlix, Spritzee, Bunnelby is coming Gen 6 stuff. Gen 7 has a lot of unreleased stuff but Yungoos, Toucannon bird and Stufful are very common.
Yeah. I would almost say there to much gen 5 and 6 spawns. The Pokemon spawning will also change in about a month when the current season end

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
No pokestops or Pokemon are showing up for me, save for the team Rocket balloons. Already deleted & reinstalled, any way to fix this glitch?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I'm also wondering if it's a phone update or a game update, because everything just feels... lagged. Throwing a Pokeball, scrolling thru your Pokemon list, like it's not smooth at all and having frame rate issues. I know someone else with sn Android who is also getting this on another game, but both our phones should be more than capable :x

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I'm also wondering if it's a phone update or a game update, because everything just feels... lagged. Throwing a Pokeball, scrolling thru your Pokemon list, like it's not smooth at all and having frame rate issues. I know someone else with sn Android who is also getting this on another game, but both our phones should be more than capable :x
Do you have native refresh rate enabled in the advanced settings? Apparently if you don't, it halves the FPS for some phones on the latest update.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Do you have native refresh rate enabled in the advanced settings? Apparently if you don't, it halves the FPS for some phones on the latest update.

Yup, that would be it. It was working fine on my new phome for a while, but looks like it wasn't checked off when I installed it (although I could've sworn it was...) and a software update might've messed things up.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018

Hoooooly crap, I've had this unknowingly disabled for years. YEARS.

Is this gonna chew through my battery now? It's so much nicer lol.

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
I saved my 2 star Cosmog for a lucky trade. Traded it for another one yesterday, and the lucky one was 2 stars as well (12-12-12). Sad moments.

Zero_IYAD

Oct 27, 2017
Need a friend from Sun Vivillon region. It's the only one I'm missing.
Someone please add me.

ZeroIYAD
1759 2167 6286

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
1 Shiny Vulpix from 8 battles, got 1 shiny Luvdisc yesterday. Don't really like having events back to back days.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
People who use multiple accounts to monopolise one gym are assholes.
I moved to a new office today and its right on top of a gym, I was briefly happy about this until my pokemon was kicked out after a few minutes and filled by someone with 4 accounts. I beat them and put my pokemon back in only for it to be taken over again within a few minutes and another 4 pokemon put in from the same accounts.

It's just sad and stupid and it's put me off trying now. Not spending all that time clearing 4 pokemon (and they use shit like Blissey) just to be in it for a few minutes and have to do it all over again

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
It's always worst when you happen to be in a lower traffic gym your own team is protecting at all costs… and you lose your Pokémon for like a month and wait on the coins forever, lol. I once had a Pokémon stuck for like 2 months.

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was on a road trip and went past a gym (too fast to actually battle) where is said the pokemon in it had been there for nearly a year! I think there should be a maximum time where your folks get forced out.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
this game makes me feel like an idiot with how overwhelming it feels as a beginner. i feel like im getting a pretty good grasp on it now but i dont really know what to do with my caught pokemon.

is the strategy not to spend candy evolving/power unless its a "hundo"? theres been a few times where i've had so many dupes that i transfer them for 1 candy each and pick the best i have to evolve if i have plenty of candy to spare and just want to see the evo

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
this game makes me feel like an idiot with how overwhelming it feels as a beginner. i feel like im getting a pretty good grasp on it now but i dont really know what to do with my caught pokemon.

is the strategy not to spend candy evolving/power unless its a "hundo"? theres been a few times where i've had so many dupes that i transfer them for 1 candy each and pick the best i have to evolve if i have plenty of candy to spare and just want to see the evo
It depends on what you want to do with the game or collect.

When you're new it's more important to have things that are usable than a hundo of something you'd never use.

And if you want to get into PVP, you don't even want the hundo most of the time.

Just power up and evolve whatever you want. It's a very choose how you want to play kind of game.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
A really weird thing happened with my wife's game. It seems to have reverted to some past state and research that she has completed before now needs to be done all over again. "A Cosmic Companion" as an example. But it has had no effect in any of her obtained Pokémon or anything. It's weird. Anyone had this happen?

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone else bought the Jirachi ticket? Jirachi shiny is like super rare so i kinda took the bait and bought the research. Will be my first shiny jirachi ^^

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sort of confused at what's happening with the primal Groudon/Kyogre stuff. Is the current shorter Hoenn event going to be followed with an event where you have the ability to obtain them? Also when are the Hoenn starter Megas coming?

Lexxism

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm sort of confused at what's happening with the primal Groudon/Kyogre stuff. Is the current shorter Hoenn event going to be followed with an event where you have the ability to obtain them? Also when are the Hoenn starter Megas coming?
Hoenn starter megas already happened last year during a raid day. So far, we don't know any news when it is coming back. At least what I heard. As for the primal, we will have an event this coming weekend for it.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hoenn starter megas already happened last year during a raid day. So far, we don't know any news when it is coming back. At least what I heard. As for the primal, we will have an event this coming weekend for it.
Huh. Been playing for years and I strangely don't remember that. 😅
Maybe I was inactive that month or I was simply uninterested at the time.

Thanks for the heads up!

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Damn, wtf. Wonder why they're so exclusive so far lol

Anyways, are shiny odds increased during the Hoenn tour this weekend?
They are far and away the best mega of their respective type so I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a way to keep them special, but they did say that the raid day for them would be the only time to get energy into the Hoenn Tour. So they did warn everyone in advance.

And no, there are no bonuses announced for the event this weekend.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
For someone who really hates raiding, I sure miss the days when these legendaries used to be end of the week research :x Would be nice if those came back one day, so I can finally get more of the legendary trios/covers.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Just reading on Reddit that they didn't even turn on the incense boost for the big event this weekend. They did it last Tour but not this one.

Completely killed my will to do any of it other than remote raids to get Primal energy. Which, Niantic being Niantic, they crank way low to encourage people to buy coins.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
So wait... there's no "catch every pokemon from the Hoenn region" challenge as in past years? What's even the point of Go Tour then to distinguish it from other events?

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Played the full 8 hours. Horrible experience. It was basically 4 spotlight hours with Hoenn Pokemon. Catched 4 shiny Pokemon and a Latios that took 200 golden razz beries

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Kanto and Johto tours were some of my favorite events. This one sucks ass. What's the point that of it? Do a hundred mega raids?