• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I'm still so glad I got my Unown in the first egg I hatched. Since then I've got a beldum, feebas and a lot of 2/5 km eggs. Also another two 10 km eggs I've yet to hatch (hoping for a gible) but that will take a bit more time, my single incubator is running hot this week lol

Double incubator effectiveness really shows you how much shit there is in them. I'm glad I didn't have to buy premium incubators.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Possible dumb question, unopened gifts don't yet have Pokemon assigned if they have a 7k egg right?

So if I wait until next week to claim a load of gifts I have waiting right now, they should still have a chance at regionals from eggs correct?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Finally hatched an Unown. Too bad it was a letter I already had...

Possible dumb question, unopened gifts don't yet have Pokemon assigned if they have a 7k egg right?

So if I wait until next week to claim a load of gifts I have waiting right now, they should still have a chance at regionals from eggs correct?
Yes, the contents of the gifts aren't determined until you open them (because eggs aren't a possibility if your Pokemon storage is full).

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I've gotten one 10k egg since this thing started. And a frustratingly high amount of 5ks.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
The level 40 elitism from some guys is still ridiculously funny. Did a Raikou (or one of the others, don't remember) raid with 5-6 people this week and it wasn't even close (90+ seconds left). Yet after the raid some guy was going on about how we would have failed if one of the level 40 players (he and his buddy) hadn't participated. And I, level 36 with all the prime counters needed, was doubting anyone could have contributed significantly more and looked at the screen. He and his buddy got the least balls for damage. But he's level 40, so there you go.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The level 40 elitism from some guys is still ridiculously funny. Did a Raikou (or one of the others, don't remember) raid with 5-6 people this week and it wasn't even close (90+ seconds left). Yet after the raid some guy was going on about how we would have failed if one of the level 40 players (he and his buddy) hadn't participated. And I, level 36 with all the prime counters needed, was doubting anyone could have contributed significantly more and looked at the screen. He and his buddy got the least balls for damage. But he's level 40, so there you go.
Haha yeah that's very recognizable. People think that because they're level 40 they're automatically the best in the group... and then you see them use auto-select with Aggron or even Regis. A lot of level 40 accounts don't even care about best counters or making custom teams. At mid lvl 30 you can be more valuable than quite a few level 40 players.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Haha yeah that's very recognizable. People think that because they're level 40 they're automatically the best in the group... and then you see them use auto-select with Aggron or even Regis. A lot of level 40 accounts don't even care about best counters or making custom teams. At mid lvl 30 you can be more valuable than quite a few level 40 players.
I must admit that XP is also something I have absolutely no desire to get. They should maybe even start thinking about dropping the level limitations. I stopped playing some time in 2016 at level ~24. With the friendship and special research XP, it's honestly way too easy to reach level 40 if you really want to. I made sure to put lucky eggs on and level friendships with strangers online to get to 34/35, so that I can get the strongest Pokemon. But now I just let my XP grow as I play.

Would be much better for new players if they could catch the same stuff as everyone and not get a 150 CP Pokemon that's 800 CP for everyone else. Now you basically need to recommend new players to get as many friends as possible and level them. Not really the idea behind catching Pokemon but oh well

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Shadow Growlithe... Yay(?)

It occurs to me that if I want to collect all the shadow Pokemon I should start before the pool explands too large. But it's hard to see the point of these

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow Growlithe... Yay(?)

It occurs to me that if I want to collect all the shadow Pokemon I should start before the pool explands too large. But it's hard to see the point of these
I don't see a point in collecting them unless they're otherwise useful, but as the Pokedex itself gets bigger and bigger, it's a clever alternative way to let people encounter stuff that isn't typical in their biome/weather, alongside the research quests. It lets players, especially new ones, see more variety at any given time. Of course, maybe some of the other systems should be tweaked, but it's something.

Kaga

Nov 3, 2017
DeKalb, IL
Just had a very weird experience. Sitting on the couch with the wife, cleaning up our Pokemon when we both notice the nearby is showing something we don't have. It looks just like a Turtwig outline, but blacked out. It's only a couple blocks away so we throw our shoes on anyway and head over. The hope was that shinys are now showing up as something one doesn't have yet, but alas, it was just a normal, every day Turtwig. Caught it, it come off the nearby, and obviously didn't get the new animation/bonus, although it did also show the evolution as something we don't have yet (we do). Just a weird glitch I guess.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just had a very weird experience. Sitting on the couch with the wife, cleaning up our Pokemon when we both notice the nearby is showing something we don't have. It looks just like a Turtwig outline, but blacked out. It's only a couple blocks away so we throw our shoes on anyway and head over. The hope was that shinys are now showing up as something one doesn't have yet, but alas, it was just a normal, every day Turtwig. Caught it, it come off the nearby, and obviously didn't get the new animation/bonus, although it did also show the evolution as something we don't have yet (we do). Just a weird glitch I guess.
This just happened to us too (also Turtwig). Maybe community day related?

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
These eggs have got me like wow. Hatched a shiny Treecko yesterday and a shiny Sneasel today. But the 10km are still very hard to come by.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I got the weird Turtwig silhouette too. Thought maybe gen 5 started dropping before remembering who Turtwig was.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
First world problem: I have had tremendous shiny luck three days in a row (and over the past 10 days) (Sentret, Suicune, and Swablu the past three days, Barboach and a 96 lucky Rayquaza previously)

And there's not enough time to show off to all my friends my shiny Pokemon as my buddy.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
This just happened to us too (also Turtwig). Maybe community day related?
Probably related to the new round of shadow Pokemon. Niantic probably screwed something up during the rollout.

Anyway, I'm not finding anything to keep me in the game at the moment. I've hatched five 10km eggs (which according to TSR's data only gives me a ~50% chance of hatching an Unown) and they were all trash. Sentret spawns have been nerfed so much that they may as well not be boosted. The raid bosses are garbage. Breakthrough encounter is shit. And after teasing us with the QoL features for a couple weeks, I can barely muster up the energy to bother spinning 20 stops just to get 10 fucking gifts (which I then need to send immediately because I've got a stack of friends sitting there who I haven't interacted with today). It's kinda amazing how quickly I went from thinking the game was flawed but fine to thinking it has very few redeeming qualities.

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I've been having a lot of fun with PokeGo since redownloading it a bit back. Finally started doing some legendary raids (but mostly been getting dogs with crappy stats) and just got my second EX invite. Still no luck hatching an unown, but I did hatch a shiny Togepi recently!

empty feat

Oct 29, 2017
Yorkshire, UK

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Anyway, I'm not finding anything to keep me in the game at the moment. I've hatched five 10km eggs (which according to TSR's data only gives me a ~50% chance of hatching an Unown) and they were all trash. Sentret spawns have been nerfed so much that they may as well not be boosted. The raid bosses are garbage. Breakthrough encounter is shit. And after teasing us with the QoL features for a couple weeks, I can barely muster up the energy to bother spinning 20 stops just to get 10 fucking gifts (which I then need to send immediately because I've got a stack of friends sitting there who I haven't interacted with today). It's kinda amazing how quickly I went from thinking the game was flawed but fine to thinking it has very few redeeming qualities.
Yeah, I'm with you. I was doing quite a bit during the Water festival and continued raiding everyday for Rayquaza. But, I've crashed pretty hard for all the reasons you've outlined.

Maybe next week and the week after, things'll start picking up with Deoxys and Mewtwo raids. I definitely want to do a couple of those. I wish the Unowns would stick around longer than just a week, though.

Deleted member 13077

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think part of it is that Rayquaza went on a bit too long imo, coupled with having such a low shiny rate means that anyone going hard for the shiny doom noodle was inevitably going to burn out.

Also, this week hasn't exactly been a rip roaring start. Outside of Unown and slim shiny chances, there isn't much else to do before it all really starts next week with Deoxys and the regionals.

LusDekkar

Oct 27, 2017
Finally hatched a Unown, took me fifteen 10 km eggs before i got one. Went through a total of 83 eggs...

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I think part of it is that Rayquaza went on a bit too long imo, coupled with having such a low shiny rate means that anyone going hard for the shiny doom noodle was inevitably going to burn out.

Also, this week hasn't exactly been a rip roaring start. Outside of Unown and slim shiny chances, there isn't much else to do before it all really starts next week with Deoxys and the regionals.
Eh, the time for Rayquaza was fine. It made sure that everyone who wanted got his shiny without buying a ton of premium passes.

Problem right now is that the first two ultra bonus weeks are pretty shit. I've managed to do 4 Raikou raids this week but it's so much work to get one going because nobody cares and/or wants to do a different raid boss than you for the shiny. I've even seen people do Tyranitar raids, and nobody has done one since I've been playing lol Add that the Unown eggs are a pain in the ass and wild spawns are pretty boring and you got little incentive to play.

Week 2 could be just as bad tbh. I've asked around a bit and the interest in Deoxys raids is laughable, so that's looking to be terrible as well. Regionals in 7 km eggs is already an improvement but I'm curious if they add special spawns next week or if they return to the standard spawns. At least we've got week 3 to look forward to.

Oxx

Oct 28, 2017
One more day until I get Jirachi.

Then i guess we wait until Halloween for more special research.

Are they just going to re-run last year's research for those that missed it? Or will there be another set of quests too?

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
One more day until I get Jirachi.

Then i guess we wait until Halloween for more special research.

Are they just going to re-run last year's research for those that missed it? Or will there be another set of quests too?

How I wish Whismur didn't disappear a couple of days after they started the quest...

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody is playing because we just spent three months trying to get the beasts, and now they're just back.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I need three out of the four Deoxys forms next week, and all of the regionals.

I think I should be able to get most of the Doexys at raid hour, assuming I don't have something else going on. For the Regionals, my plan is to buy a box of incubators and strictly control my eggs so that I never have anything but friend eggs that week. Are they going to have awful 2% hatch rates too? I'm not sure how common they were last time.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017

I think I should be able to get most of the Doexys at raid hour, assuming I don't have something else going on. For the Regionals, my plan is to buy a box of incubators and strictly control my eggs so that I never have anything but friend eggs that week. Are they going to have awful 2% hatch rates too? I'm not sure how common they were last time.
I had so many Taurus last time and one kanghaskhan never did get a farfetched so I'm hoping I do this time then. I can finally finish my gen 1 dex

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Are your own region's Pokemon going to be in the eggs too? Please say 'no.'

I know in my heart the answer is probably 'yes'

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017

Worth checking team sizes - for Deoxy one can be solo'd (Attack) two of them need teams of about three (Speed and Normal) and the last one needs about 4 or 5 (Defense)

Remember your local regional can also be shiny in the wild so you can probably get that just through normal play (and I bet thats the one I hatch out of my eggs as well)

CPlus_Gamer

Jun 24, 2018

I don't think the Silph Road did actual research on it last year but there was a great post from APharoah12 on Reddit with the following results:
  • Meowth - 68 (17.30%)
  • Geodude - 51 (12.98%)
  • Sandshrew - 51 (12.98%)
  • Vulpix - 46 (11.70%)
  • Diglett - 39 (9.92%)
  • Grimer - 38 (9.67%)
  • Mr. Mime - 22 (5.60%)
  • Kangaskhan - 21 (5.34%)
  • Farfetch'd - 21 (5.34%)
  • Tauros - 19 (4.83%)
  • Tangela - 12 (3.05%)
  • Porygon - 5 (1.27%)
In short, just be glad the Alola forms can be shiny now.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/9nqgni/regional_egg_hatch_rate_research_results/

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Worth checking team sizes - for Deoxy one can be solo'd (Attack) two of them need teams of about three (Speed and Normal) and the last one needs about 4 or 5 (Defense)

Remember your local regional can also be shiny in the wild so you can probably get that just through normal play (and I bet thats the one I hatch out of my eggs as well)
Supposing they don't make it a 'level 6 raid' like they did with Mewtwo. He got a boost making him stronger than Ex Raid Mewtwo.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
Supposing they don't make it a 'level 6 raid' like they did with Mewtwo. He got a boost making him stronger than Ex Raid Mewtwo.

Yes although they have tweaked the raid boss levels / powers / stats a few times since then - at the end of the Ex raid Mewtwo people could Duo it and I think they wanted to avoid that.

They also changed the catch rate - Ex raid bosses have double the catch rate of normal Level 5 raid bosses

I have an Ex raid tomorrow which i assume is going to still be Speed Form Deoxys and one for next Saturday and have no idea what that will be - will they really just have an Ex raid running for the boss thats in the normal T5 slot ?

Deleted member 13077

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The best thing about next weeks egg event is that you don't need to go out and find 7k eggs, you can just line up 9 of them on Monday/Tuesday and just get on with hatching.

I've got so many gifts left over from the friend event too.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I have an Ex raid tomorrow which i assume is going to still be Speed Form Deoxys and one for next Saturday and have no idea what that will be - will they really just have an Ex raid running for the boss thats in the normal T5 slot ?
I doubt they would just shadow release a new Ex Raid boss next week. Needs another few weeks for Speed form to be in as long as the other forms I think. I know I'd be pissed if they had a new Ex Raid boss next week as I've stopped raiding consciously at the ex raid gyms here.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Smart-Select-20190906-103855-Pokmon-GO.jpg

Welp Niantic cancelled my EX because of the hurricane. It makes sense and it's nice they give you something for it at least.

Zaphod79

Nov 9, 2017
I doubt they would just shadow release a new Ex Raid boss next week. Needs another few weeks for Speed form to be in as long as the other forms I think. I know I'd be pissed if they had a new Ex Raid boss next week as I've stopped raiding consciously at the ex raid gyms here.

Yeah the problem is that its Niantic and we know they communicate the start of events after they have already begun etc etc - and why is it an Ex raid then - its an exclusive invite only raid for the boss thats on the gym right next to the one your doing.

However I think your probably right and we'll get some type of announcement in the next week that Ex raids for the following week will switch to the new boss and at least some hints on what that will be

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
Smart-Select-20190906-103855-Pokmon-GO.jpg

Welp Niantic cancelled my EX because of the hurricane. It makes sense and it's nice they give you something for it at least.
That's honestly a lot better than an ex raid lol

Yeah the problem is that its Niantic and we know they communicate the start of events after they have already begun etc etc - and why is it an Ex raid then - its an exclusive invite only raid for the boss thats on the gym right next to the one your doing.

However I think your probably right and we'll get some type of announcement in the next week that Ex raids for the following week will switch to the new boss and at least some hints on what that will be
You're still getting a 5* raid and the rewards for free, thus it's still a reward that's pretty exclusive in a sense. And if you're lucky, see the quoted post above lol

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Curious what legal basis the plaintiffs used here for the 40 meters from a residential property, considering in most places something like 5 meters on either side of a public road/sidewalk are also public property (thus I'd assume the majority of pokestops that this hits are accessible from public property).

In fact I assume there's no actual legal basis and it's just cheaper to settle the case than litigate it [edit: litigate further, to a trial etc]

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Yes although they have tweaked the raid boss levels / powers / stats a few times since then - at the end of the Ex raid Mewtwo people could Duo it and I think they wanted to avoid that.

They also changed the catch rate - Ex raid bosses have double the catch rate of normal Level 5 raid bosses

I'm really curious as well, a friend got an ex raid invite and I wonder why we should go to that instead of to the city.