Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Forgive me, for when it comes to Pokemon I'm a complete novice outside of getting it for my brother for Christmas whenever a new version comes out. However, I'm feeling particularly dumb when it comes to this game, but I know it's something he'll want.

This is a partial remake of the original games, which I get. But when it talks about being 'tightly integrated' with Pokemon Go on mobile what exactly does that mean? Would he need to have separate account and the game on his mobile to play, and does it mean that he'd be having to pay additional real world money for resources like on mobile?

You can play completely Let's Go without having to interact with Go. About the "integration", I think it refers to the fact the a lot of features in Let's Go are similar to Go - first of all the catching phase, the management of the Pokémon box etc. However the actual interaction isn't necessary, though Go you're able to get Meltan and its evolution, but they are just an extra. Let's Go is a self-contained experience (and for your brother I'm sure it will be a really fun one).

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying it so far, I even like the catching mechanic and the lack of wild pokemon battles isn't bothering me nearly as much as I thought it would. The only thing I still can't understand is the lack of pro controller support, there's nothing in this game that couldn't be done using it.

Kovacs

Oct 27, 2017
You can play completely Let's Go without having to interact with Go. About the "integration", I think it refers to the fact the a lot of features in Let's Go are similar to Go - first of all the catching phase, the management of the Pokémon box etc. However the actual interaction isn't necessary, though Go you're able to get Meltan and its evolution, but they are just an extra. Let's Go is a self-contained experience (and for your brother I'm sure it will be a really fun one).

Thanks that makes it really clear.

I'm sure he'll enjoy it.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying it so far, I even like the catching mechanic and the lack of wild pokemon battles isn't bothering me nearly as much as I thought it would. The only thing I still can't understand is the lack of pro controller support, there's nothing in this game that couldn't be done using it.
Yup, that's about the only thing perplexing me now. The catching mechanic is not great in docked mode, so I'm disappointed we can't get something similar to handheld.

Overall, this is a lot better than I thought it'd be. I only have one gym badge right now, but I'm having a blast playing.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn Erika doesn't play around if your underleveled. Her Vileplume with mega drain and Moonblast was doing more damage than my Charmeleon with ember.

BTW Charmeleon sucks ass if your using it as your only fire type as it only knows ember even at level 30 and you don't get Fire Blast anymore at Celedon Department Store or any other TM's at this point.

Yeah, it's dumb how they removed Charmander other fire attack just for "nostalgia" sake. That's not nostalgia that's being regressive. Luckily there's TM for fire punch on route 15 and the TM for Flamethrower is in the Silph Co, so it isn't too bad.

Forgive me, for when it comes to Pokemon I'm a complete novice outside of getting it for my brother for Christmas whenever a new version comes out. However, I'm feeling particularly dumb when it comes to this game, but I know it's something he'll want.

This is a partial remake of the original games, which I get. But when it talks about being 'tightly integrated' with Pokemon Go on mobile what exactly does that mean? Would he need to have separate account and the game on his mobile to play, and does it mean that he'd be having to pay additional real world money for resources like on mobile?

What he mean is that the game can connect to Pokémon Go and Pokémon from Go can be transferred over.

Jan 7, 2018
aw, I was ready to go combo catch a shiny Zubat, but then realized Crobat isn't in this game =(
Crobat is one of my favorite pokemon, but Golbat is just lame.

Hippo_PRIME

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got past Rock Tunnel. I am over the catch mechanics. As Pokemon start moving more at higher CP, the lack of precision and responsiveness in the catch controls really shows. Anyone else feeling like this? I'm super bummed about it, but I'm just not having fun with the wild "battles" anymore.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm screaming

Didn't chain catches or anything. It just randomly appeared in Rock Tunnel.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a Pokemon newb so forgive me but, is there any reason to continuously catch the same pokemon? Should I only be trying to catch new pokemon? Or do I just catch the same pokemon over and over again to gain XP?

In addition to big exp multipliers,igher chances at good stats, and shiny rates. A capture chain can also make rarer Pokemon appear. Chaining weedles is how I finally got that freaking Bulbasaur to show up.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I genuinely think I'm going to run out of money and pokeballs before I get a shiny Geodude. Spent it all on balls and running low now.

For some reason just got to Mt. Moon and decided to pursue one but now team is like lvl.28+, I'm penniless and nearly out of balls.

This was a poorly planned endeavour :(

img_20181117_1805515fczo.jpg

img_20181117_180603dtibj.jpg

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Damn im missing out on casual Pokemon. This is the Pokemon game that could get me into the Pokemon universe. last Pokemon game i played was Pokemon red? on the GB back in the 90s.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah. That's why I plan on finishing the game and getting the shiny charm before shiny hunting.
Wise idea. Now I've spent it all and thrown this many balls feel trapped. Clefairys and Chanceys around, Charmanders outside too, yet can't catch any as don't want to break chain. Was at a 18 one before this but one Geodude ran away.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Pikachu was my (albeit avoidable) sacrifice to my starting shiny hunt. Going to just let any other come as nice surprises until much later.

Apr 25, 2018
Just got past Rock Tunnel. I am over the catch mechanics. As Pokemon start moving more at higher CP, the lack of precision and responsiveness in the catch controls really shows. Anyone else feeling like this? I'm super bummed about it, but I'm just not having fun with the wild "battles" anymore.

Yeah the novelty wore off very quickly for me, I find myself avoiding as many wild encounters as possible already because I don't want to do the motion capturing.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I already ran into my first shiny which was a Pidgey in Viridian Forest. Current pokemon are Pikachu x2, Bulbasaur, Sandshrew, Mankey and shiny Pidgey.

I'm actually enjoying this game quite a bit and I'm only just past the first gym.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Can somebody help me out? I really want to give my Eevee an afro, but that 8 finger method makes no sense to me. Can anybody spell out exactly how to do this?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yeh, fuck this.

No money, almost out of balls and team overlevelled to shit. Broke from a Great! throw and immediately ran.

Fucking stupid.

img_20181117_182102h5emh.jpg

img_20181117_1821097ef0d.jpg

Deleted member 1074

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting
error code 2-ADW2A-0025 when transfering from go to switch and lets go crashes for no reason ive lost 19 pokemon on go because of this.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Decided to pick this up to play co-op with the wife despite the difficulty issues.

Plan is to literally catch them all and keep enough Pokemon on rotation to keep them underleveled and try to keep the game at decent difficulty.

Can you turn EXP share off in this?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Decided to pick this up to play co-op with the wife despite the difficulty issues.

Plan is to literally catch them all and keep enough Pokemon on rotation to keep them underleveled and try to keep the game at decent difficulty.

Nope. It's always on in LGPE.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
So I see how you get a Charmander and Squirtle, but how do you get a Bulbasaur?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to get just Pikachu to follow you again, instead of riding on your shoulder? I just want to check his reactions again but I can't figure out how to do it. Putting away the other follow Pokemon didn't do it and there's no option to have Pikachu follow anymore.
:/

So I see how you get a Charmander and Squirtle, but how do you get a Bulbasaur?

I found Bulb in Viridian Forest.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017

You'll get a mild challenge this way depending on your team. This is what I've been doing.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a way to get just Pikachu to follow you again, instead of riding on your shoulder? I just want to check his reactions again but I can't figure out how to do it. Putting away the other follow Pokemon didn't do it and there's no option to have Pikachu follow anymore.
:/

I found Bulb in Viridian Forest.
Oh that's different. The others require NPC quests.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I accidentally beat Saffron City before Fuchsia, so now my careful plan of not making the game too easy is ruined by being overleveled. I was wondering why the gatekeeping level for Sabrina was so high...

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Look at the bright side: now you have an useless army of Geodudes.
Seriously, you may have caught at least one with great stats
True, though honestly not too fussed about stats atm with how you have to handicap yourself anyway to make things challenging.
If you saved your game before you started your Shiny Geodude crusade, perhaps you could load that file and pretend your bad luck didn't happen?
Genius suggestion, thank you. Just hard quit and loaded it, am back in before I started the 70+ chain and after I'd broken the 18 one. So have a chunk of money left and a bundle of Geodudes to send to Prof.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Turns out there was an option to turn exp share off alright

And it was cut

I'm speechless. Why?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't they do that in yellow too? They were gifts though I believe.
I don't think you could get them in the wild in Yellow, it was only a one time gift.

Question, is Omanyte and Kabuto a one time thing in this one? That's gonna suck trying to get a living dex and compete the master trainer mission things.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they do that in yellow too? They were gifts though I believe.
Yeah in Yellow you are gifted all three by talking to certain NPC's. In this you need to catch a certain amount to receive them but it's still the same idea. All three are now in the wild too(this is new to the remake) so you have more options to get one of them.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Technically it might not have ever been a thing, and it's just part of the generic strings that got copied over from Sun and Moon since it's still a Gen 7 game at its base.

We'll never know for sure.

What i do know is that its painfully easy to hack the menu back in so i doubt it would be that much extra effort to offer an option
It's not like the exp share didnt work like this the past two gens