What's getting announced for Pokémon Day?

• Pokémon Gold & Silver Remakes/Reimaginings (traditional, Legends, Let's Go)

Votes: 129 39.9%
  • Pokémon Black & White Remakes/Reimaginings (traditional, Legends, Let's Go)

Votes: 170 52.6%
  • Another expansion for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

Votes: 18 5.6%
  • Pokémon Black 3 & White 3

Votes: 39 12.1%
  • A new Mystery Dungeon

Votes: 37 11.5%
  • A new Pokémon Spinoff

Votes: 88 27.2%
  • Re-releases of the Gameboy titles

Votes: 87 26.9%

• Total voters

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Consider Mud Slap. Came in clutch having Mewtwo miss almost every turn.

Seconding Mud Slap if you're building a Support Mew, especially if you aren't Bug Tera. Without Bug Tera, you won't be doing much of any damage with Struggle Bug which is what most of the Attack Mews will be running, so they will take care of the stat reduction with SB while you Mud Slap his accuracy down to nothing.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I was lucky enough to get a Bug Tera for my Mew so I cleared Mewtwo on the 2nd try. Tough fight, but damn the rewards were great lol.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Of both minds on those stats too. The BSTs of the Loyal Three and Ogerpon are much higher than I would've ever guessed, and Ursaluna is now comically min-maxed, but there's a few touches there that are fairly inspired (Sinistcha having Weak Armor or Shell Armor depending on whether it's authentic or not—though this ironically making the authentic variant worse in battle) or feel consistent to how GF approaches Pokémon parameters (Dipplin being down the middle, odd numbers for all Loyal Three stats). I'm leaning fake but it wouldn't be the most shocking turn of events if it ended up real.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I feel like if Ursaluna's type changed we would have known it by now.There are leaks saying that it's Steel/Normal or Normal/Steel but like I think we would have known that was the case by now.Don't get me wrong,it would be cool but I don't want to get my hopes up for a new type combination

Last edited:

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I feel like if Ursaluna's type changed we would have known it by now.There are leaks saying that it's Steel/Normal or Normal/Steel but like I think we would have known that was the case by now.Don't get me wrong,it would be cool but I don't want to get my hopes up for a new type combination
We don't have any of the types yet. All we have is speculation based on Dex entries.

So we really don't know one way or the other.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
Is there a way to block people from raids like there was in SWSH? I've had the same thing happen 3 times in a roll: people joining with Mew then after everybody else locks in they switch to Lokix???

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Is there a way to block people from raids like there was in SWSH? I've had the same thing happen 3 times in a roll: people joining with Mew then after everybody else locks in they switch to Lokix???
just always be the last one to lock, idk if there is a way to block people or not

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
It's why I'm not joining random raids this time, only hosting. I won't click that I'm ready until everybody else has locked in Mew.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
*glances at avatar*

skeptical-futurama.gif

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

Are you hinting its you, with your avatar, and are terrified you will be blocked? lol

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Managed to beat Mewtwo first try, although it took a few resets to get a team of 4 Mews. Got lucky in that two of the Mews were a mix of both support and offense while I was full offense so we so managed to carry our 4th team member who just brought a standard Mew without the correct set.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I always take up the role of full support in raids like these. Because support is both less popular and harder to play, so it makes the experience smoother

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Finally got Mewtwo. It's not as hard as everyone seemed to say. He activated rest and one of the members brought a rock tera Mew...
Found a shiny Mimikyu immediatly after as well, so hurray!

Do we know if Duraludon's evo is a side grade or upgrade?
It's already the highest stat unevolved Pokémon, perhaps shuffling stats? Unless they want to make it a Pseudo level.

Indurian

Oct 27, 2017
It's basically bug tera Mew without having to invest in changing the tera type. Unfortunately it is also dark until it terastalizes so it's weak to Aura Sphere unless you're using Stuggle Bug (which you should be). Lokix is pretty decent here for damage.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
It's basically bug tera Mew without having to invest in changing the tera type. Unfortunately it is also dark until it terastalizes so it's weak to Aura Sphere unless you're using Stuggle Bug (which you should be). Lokix is pretty decent here for damage.
It's neutral to Aura Sphere. Its bulk doesn't help, but as far as none-Mew options.... I mean it could have been worse?

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I think I'm insane, but I'm playing 4 Pokemon games at the same time: Omega Ruby, Black, Shining Pearl and Scarlet.

Gotta be the very best in all of them

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Finally got Mewtwo. It's not as hard as everyone seemed to say. He activated rest and one of the members brought a rock tera Mew...
Found a shiny Mimikyu immediatly after as well, so hurray!

It's already the highest stat unevolved Pokémon, perhaps shuffling stats? Unless they want to make it a Pseudo level.

Honestly the base form with evolite will be pseudo level.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
The Famitsu preview confirms we're getting
More TMs, including ones with the Island of Armour moves.

Nice! Scorching Sands, Triple Axel, Meteor Beam, Burning Jealousy, Poltergeist, Flip Turn, Scale Shot were all great moves. Rising Voltage returning for Pincurchin is a nice little buff, too. Don't know if it's enough to make it good enough to support the Quark Drive Paradox, but it would be a bone thrown at least.

Why did they have to do Bug so dirty with Skitter Smack, though.

edit: Toxic is apparently back as a TM, too. So that's Toxic, Poltergeist, Burning Jealousy, Lash Out and Grassy Glide confirmed by name. We can also consider Scald possible due to the trailer the other month.

Last edited:

toutoune134

Nov 7, 2017
From Serebii :

Some new previews were released for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet's The Teal Mask DLC from outlets in Japan. These include some further details expanding on elements revealed recently but also confirm some new TMs are in the game. Famitsu notes that the moves Grassy Glide, Burning Jealousy, Lash Out and Poltergeist were seen as well as Toxic.

It also confirms that more clothing, hairstyles and picnic supplies will be available at the Kitakami Center, and you can even now rearrange chairs at the picnic table.
In addition to Mochi when completing the Ogre Oustin' mini-game where you pop balloons, you can also get Tera Shards. There are three difficulties: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced and you can play with other players to complete it

There was also new items including one that increases the experience points Pokémon gain in battle when held.

When your Pokémon pose for a photo when you have the Roto Stick, you can also select a song which will cause your Pokémon to react. You can also share photos among friends when connected via a Union Circle

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't feel great that moves that were previously locked to DLC are once again locked behind DLC. Espicially with how darn overpowered some of them were like Grassy Glide.

It's even worse if powerful moves of the past like Scald are getting locked behind DLC as well.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't feel great that moves that were previously locked to DLC are once again locked behind DLC. Espicially with how darn overpowered some of them were like Grassy Glide.

It's even worse if powerful moves of the past like Scald are getting locked behind DLC as well.
If they're just TMs you can trade them from someone who has the dlcs

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
This sounds extremely similar to Isle of Armor. The TMs, the experience item(which was forced upon you making new playthroughs even easier) and facilitating whatever currency was annoying to get, in this case Tera shards.

I get that this is Pokémon, therefore formulaic; surprised they are taking it this far. Hopefully this means something like Dynamax adventures is also returning likely in the second half.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Kitakami genuinely looks way better than the base game, its insane. I imagine its because they had way more time to polish
y_64ef4149896b8.webp

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Looking at the previews gonna note all the interesting details I can find

Firstly apparently Kieran uses a regional dialect of the real life Kitakami, while Carmine doesnt. presumably because she is trying to hide her regional dialect.

During the balloon popping minigame munchlax can get in your way and interfere in the higher difficulties. Also the rewards significantly increased between beginner and intermediate. If you are doing the minigame in multiplayer, it might be a good idea to have one person on pokemon defense duty while the other pops balloons. Snorlax will come instead of Munchlax on advanced, so you will need to return more often to defend your mushrooms.

Apparently, if my read on this translation is correct, you can not only get mochi that increase and reset EVs, but also mochi that increase IVs, and tera shards. So this seems like a great way to quickly farm competitive resources. Also the previewer speculates there are also mochi that have the same function as stuff like pp max, but they could not confirm. But IV changing is really nice

There are also item rewards for the balloon minigame.

The Selfie Stick and new selfie poses is cool, plus being able to share photos in union circle is neat too.

Toxic, Grassy Glide, Burning Jealousy, Lash Out, and poltergeist confirmed as returning TMs, and the TM machine now has a filter that shows only moves that your pokemon can learn, which is nice.

You get a fashion card that allows you to purchase new hairstyles and clothing options and you can redecorate picnic tables now and rearrange stuff.

There is a new Kitakamian Nurse Joy
pokemon-dlctaiken-13.jpg

previews say a lot of work seemed to go into making Kitakami feel like a small rural town, with Nurse Joys being part time workers from the village, the community center showing local announcements and cultural pamphlets and advertising the local sights. The previewers felt nostalgia for the Japanese countryside lol

You can cue pokemon at multiple angles for photos now, so taking more intricate stuff and being able to get your mons to stay still on command will be nice

One of the previewers got lost in the mountains while exploring and had to have someone from tpc help them out lmao

That seems to be it, it was a relatively short preview where they mostly just did a tiny bit of story and played the balloon popping game. And had a bit of time to wander around Kitakami.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, so thats why people were leaving my raid, they were waiting for 4 mew team. That's kinda lame honestly. I managed to beat it with a team of mew, umbreon, azumarril and klefki. People need to think outside of the box instead of following the meta comp for raids.

Staff post - reminder of forum rules "new news needs a new thread"

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
So, just a reminder, if any big news comes out, like people playing something and giving reactions or previews or big leaks, please make a new thread for it. We do not want actual news getting lost in gigantic OTs.

For example, if I didn't come in here I wouldn't have known there were previews. That sort of thing needs it's own thread.

Please don't put us in a situation where we need to lock this thread because it becomes impossible to follow any pokemon news if you aren't clicking this thread.

Last edited:

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
Is Teal Mask going to feel like the Isle of Armour where you're meant to have played it in tandem with the base game, rather than post game like the Crown Tundra was?

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Is Teal Mask going to feel like the Isle of Armour where you're meant to have played it in tandem with the base game, rather than post game like the Crown Tundra was?
I suppose it depends on how scaling works for Teal Mask. If its the same as IoA there will be some late game challenge,in IoA that final mustard fight for example and the Honey fight were clearly meant for post game, but since most of it could be played at any time they had a lower scaled version too.

If Ogerpon maybe cycles through the Masks and does a cool multistage boss fight, I can see them scaling it well for the late game, but who knows.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I know it's pretty unlikely outside of remakes but I would really love an original 2D game again. I'm playing Shining Pearl at the moment and I still just think that the 2D world design is yet to be matched by the 3D one.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Seems weird to me they would take Grassy Glide away from Rillaboom and then add it back in the DLC. I assumed its removal was for balance.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
If there's mochi that increases IVs, maybe there's mochi that resets an IV to 0. The dream might not be dead.

IronWarrior94

Jun 1, 2018
Didn't see anyone mention it yet, but several hours ago Khu posted this

View: https://twitter.com/Riddler_Khu/status/1698598219075510581

Could be a hint or just him simping for those characters, but if it's a hint my prediction is he's hinting at an antagonist, most likely for the Indigo Disk. That new lady with the mix match clothing meant to represent Scarlet and Violet comes to mind.
My personal hope is that he's hinting at a new Pokemon that'll be antagonistic in the story. Since Gen 7, GF have given major antagonist rolls to legendary Pokemon, in a way that imo feels different from the usual act of a human villain controlling them. It started with Necrozma, then Eternatus, and recently Giratina in Legends Arceus.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Here is a better full translation and compilation from multiple previews regarding the DLC. Bolding new info

To start off, you can explore Kitakami before even doing the story. Kitakami is a lot larger than both Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra. The Demon's Mountain specifically is so large that the previewer got lost and needed help getting back on track. Another previewer compares the size to the entirety of Mesagoza all the way to Alfornada in width.

Demon Slayer Festival/Ogre Oustin is divided into four levels, and the harder the difficulty, the more Pokémon will come to appear as hazards such as Munchlax, Greedent, and Snorlax. Highly recommended that you form a team via multiplayer as the rewards are a must have, such as the EXP Charm from Isle of Armor. And mochi with all kinds of effects

Several new TMs have been added such as Grassy Glide, Toxic, Burning Jealousy, Lash Out, and Poltergeisf

New photo sharing mode on the Union Circle where you can share pictures online. New poses, clothes, and hairstyles have been added via the Teal Boutique Card.

Carmine's partner Pokémon is a Poltchageist and it is teased that it may evolve

Roto Stick comes with new functions like picking spots for your Pokémon to stand and playing music. Four songs are unlocked from the beginning, and some of the songs are remixes of old themes from past games. All of these features, including the phot sharing are available to players even if they don't have the DLC.

Level scaling works similar to Isle of Armor, where the trainers and rivals are a lot stronger the farther you are in the main game

Pokémon are a lot more active and interact a lot with the environment. You can find Yanma flying over rice fields, Applin hanging from trees, Vulpix sleeping on rooftops, Corphish and Wooper playing together in the water, etc.

Kitakami has its own Pokédex and a new design for the cover art

The whole of Kitakami is filled with a new OST, no repeating themes from Paldea. There's even a new trainer and wild battle theme.
The story for Teal Mask is particularly long in comparison to Isle of Armor.

The Box is being expanded, Thank god lol

A possible performance enhancement is coming alongside the DLC update

You can zoom in and out with the Rotom Phone now

You have to at least started the Treasure Hunt to access the Teal Mask. If you haven't received a single badge, the levels start out at Level 15.

Regarding the enhancement and things like box loading speed- One of the previewers asked and the advisor said look forward to the update that comes along with the DLC

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Which previews were these in, I didn't see this

I got the translations from /vp/, so unsure which specific preview it was in, but the rest of it seems accurate, so it may be in one of them

translator said

This is all just compiling from several different previews, notably IGN Japan, a jump, DFG, and Famitsu.