Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
A game's worth is now directly tied its production values? Can only EA, Activision and Ubisoft charge $60 for their games? I'm sorry, I'm not following your logic that only certain kind of games and genres can be treated as full releases

This has been the market logic for a while, people only seem to make excuses for itwhen it comes to Ninty exclusives. We had AMAZING games, like Indivisible, Monster Boy, Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight, Bloodstained, etc. all released for 39,99 or less, because people wouldn't justify spending a full 59,99 for games which development clearly costed a fraction of what games like BOTW, Assassin's Creed, God of War, etc. cost to make.

It's not a matter of genre either, Xenoblade clearly justifies its pricetag, as do many other RPGs.

And this game would be a budget 20 dollars release if it was by any other company and y'all know it.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Music is bringing back all the nostalgia.

Will definitely buy a couple of vouchers for this and Animal Crossing. March is set.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

The artstyle reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles

I immediatly thought about the Doraemon Story of Season game :

doraemon-story-of-seasons-review-for-pc-6.jpg

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Yeah, it was part of the frankly really cool "Road to Diamond and Pearl" era of spin-offs. I'd honestly be totally behind just having Lucario, Munchlax, Bonsly, and Mime Jr. as the only later Pokemon (bar Megas as seen) as a really cool callback. I mean they kind of need to stick with most of the same Pokemon as it's a remake for consistency anyway right?
Yea, that was probably the best period of time for Pokemon spin offs.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
I am floored by how on point this looks. It really feels like the original in all the right ways.

I can't wait for Explorers as well. omg.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I'll probably wait until closer to release to play the demo, like I did for Dragon Quest XI.

I don't want to get into the game and then have to wait a month and a half to keep playing

Lunir

May 17, 2018
Mexico
Looks amazing, I love the art direction from this games.

Although... I'm not sure I want to spend 70 USD for it (Mexico taxes and stuff make Nintendo games really expensive). I wouldn't pay 50 USD either XD

It's not that I don't praise the effort that making this games cost; but they value of this versus, for example, Breath of the Wild or Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is not the same.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
The art design is fine. The original Mystery Dungeon is still my favorite in the series (yes....I like it more than Explorers of Sky....something about the atmosphere and story of the first just works more for me), and a top 3 of all-time Pokemon spin-off so I'm day 1ing this.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
The art style is STUNNING. Wow.

I just wish I even mildly liked the gameplay. Wish it was a normal RPG, but that's why we have the main games, and I know lots of people like the series.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The GBA-DS era of spinoffs (maingames too) was an amazing time to be a Pokémon fan. Things came to a halt fast with the 3DS era and while I did like Super (never finished Gates) I much preferred Explorers over it.

4Silent

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Hope this isn't a sign that future games won't be voucher compatible... maybe they just haven't updated it to be voucher compatible yet.

Seems like it.. All other countries can use it on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and still buy vouchers. I think the US is the only country where you can't buy any anymore. You can usually use a voucher as soon the game is pre purchasable.(Would suck, still have 3 vouchers..)

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
The Rescue Team and Explorers mystery dungeon games are still my favorite Pokemon games full stop. The last few PMDs haven't looked good to me but I doubt I can pass this remake up.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably gonna wait for the reviews before I buy it. I wanna know how much more depth is there compared to the original, story-wise at least. I loved the story in the beginning but I'd love for lots of new content.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I wonder if the Gen 4 teases will be tweaked to be Gen 8 DLC teases or something.

Kind of pointless to hype up Pokemon like Munchlax and Bonsly in 2020 lol

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm unconvinced by the demo. It's very grid-like and feels cumbersome. There also doesn't seem to be much depth to the dungeons, it's just, run around, kill enemy, pick stuff up, and find stairs. Maybe there's more to it later on but I'm not sure I'll interested enough to find out.

It feels like a remake in graphics only, at least to me, someone who hasn't really played a mystery dungeon game before.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
I'm unconvinced by the demo. It's very grid-like and feels cumbersome. There also doesn't seem to be much depth to the dungeons, it's just, run around, kill enemy, pick stuff up, and find stairs. Maybe there's more to it later on but I'm not sure I'll interested enough to find out.

It feels like a remake in graphics only, at least to me, someone who hasn't really played a mystery dungeon game before.
That's what this genre of games generally is. I wouldn't expect much more later on, but I also haven't played any games in this series so I may be wrong.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

You're describing a mystery dungeon game. That gameplay is not going to change.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

That's how they all play

The strength of the earlier Pokemon MD games was that they had surprisingly good stories

Pangya

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like it.. All other countries can use it on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and still buy vouchers. I think the US is the only country where you can't buy any anymore. You can usually use a voucher as soon the game is pre purchasable.(Would suck, still have 3 vouchers..)

Just chatted with Nintendo support and they mentioned that the voucher list will expand in the future, the representative just wasn't sure exactly when and what games would be included. It sounds like Mystery Dungeon should eventually get updated to be part of the list.