• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Paradoxes shown before launch or after?

• Before

Votes: 145 41.9%
  • After

Votes: 201 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Okay, this game is out in a few months and I feel like there should be a dedicated thread for rumours, speculation and leaks, cause boy oh boy, people on the internet sure like talking, and there have been a bunch of stuff out there for the last couple of weeks. If you don't want to talk about this stuff, please just move along. No one needs to be told that this is all bullshit, cause yeah, that's certainly a possibility.

With Sword and Shield's lead up to release, there was the Chinese riddler who teased out a bunch of new Pokemon, and the twitter user Khu is apparently connected to them.

Scarlet and Violet leaks from Khu

Summary of Pokémon #ScarletViolet leaks so far (via Khu):

- Starter final evos are Grass/Dark, Water/Fighting, Fire/Ghost*
- Sprigatito's final evolution has a "god-tier" Hidden Ability, will be bipedal and seems like will be humanoid/waifu-like

- Quaxly's final evolution is the leaker's favorite design of the 3
- Legendaries are Dragon/Fighting and Dragon/Electric*
- There's more than 1 objectmon this gen
- There's at least 4 "waifumon" and multiple "husbandomon" according to the leaker

There will be new cross-gen evolutions
- An evolution for Dunsparce has been hinted
- There will be new type combos
- A new "cool" fish Pokémon
- The gimmick is related in some way to 3 types*
- The gimmick is "a new concept of that" when referring to Megas

A regional form for a bull Pokémon*
- A regional form for a Water/Ground Pokémon
- Smoliv's evolution is the regional grass female Pokémon
- Gogoat is back after haven't appearing in a Pokémon game since 2013
- Leaker mentions there's "tons" of cool new Pokémon
The regional Bug Pokémon will be Japanese-themed.
- Like SWSH, not every previous stater will be in the game.
- As far as the leaker knows, there will be still some Pokémon after SV that haven't appeared in any Switch game.

Lechonk's evolution will be female looking but ugly (somethi like Purugly possibly)
- It's been hinted that the legendaries have 5 of something (forms?)*
- The legendaries are ridable in some way

Note: Information marked with * was revealed via a riddle and hasn't been explicitly stated yet by the leaker, so could be wrong or slightly wrong.

OLD OP:

ARCEUS LEAKS:

E12aDoj_d.webp

Riddles given:

1. 1. A Yokai from Yokai Watch, her Japanese name is the key, once you know it, you will understand all abt this mon. (H-Typhlosion)

2. Check out the recent official announcement. (Hisuian Zorua / Zoroark)

3. New poke, one of the post game contents. (Fairy type Force of Nature)

4. A no-brainer stuff. (Hisuian Voltorb / Electrode)

5. That lady Noble poke. (Arezu's Noble Pokémon, H-Lilligant)

6. Kotori, Asian fans will know what it was immediately. (H-Decidueye)

7. Kanji on this pic is the key. Only Japanese can get it when that poke gets revealed. (H-Qwilfish)

8. A new variant, can tell the type from it. (Goomy line, Dragon/Steel evolutions)

9. A Japanese pun, when you solve it, you know the type of one starter. (H-Samurott)

10. This poke was based on this thing, visually. (H-Avalugg)

11. A Japanese manga, what happened to her is the key. In fact you must have seen it way earlier than you ever noticed.

12. You knew what it was from the thief (Centro). That's all. (Ursaring evolution)

Anyway, discuss, thoughts, whatever

Last edited:

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It would be nice to see some Sinnoh pokemon get some new forms and evolutions.

Considering BDSP isn't looking like it's going to give them anything at all.

Why can't this person communicate like a human being

Pokemon Company would probably send the Greninja's after them and shut them down if they did.

a9c5bffaaa177a74dd12029c4031abc9.gif

PS. Please add Greninja to Legends Arceus. Pokemon of the Year 2020 and it's not been in any of the Switch Pokemon Games. Your only option at the moment is Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably worth pointing out Centro's take on all of this, even if it is very possibly nonsense;

I'm happy if we're starting to dip into some of the more recent gens for regional forms- giving the Goodra line a more distinctive typing's a good start.
Wasn't Nihilego Khu an Era user once or am I imagining things
I was going to say, that name rings a bell.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Riddle leaks were fun the first time. Now they're just annoying. Shit or get off the pot

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Riddle 10 is apparently Avalugg as the Chinese name for Avalugg is "Bīngyánguài", literally translating to Rock Ice Monster so it becomes Rock/Ice

OP
OP
WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A status change is being substituted for a new one

Sneasel variant with new evolution

Starters new final form aesthetics

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Weird, I don't recall (legit) riddle leaks from Gen 8 with Sword and Shield. I thought those were in Gen 7 with Sun & Moon.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
It would be odd to replace Weavile since it's already a Sinnoh native but we'll see

Deleted member101505

User-requested account closure
Banned
Aug 18, 2021
Probably worth pointing out Centro's take on all of this, even if it is very possibly nonsense;
Interesting that Centro broke their silence. Thought they were going to go 'quiet' after their last 'leak' posts

Riddle leaks were fun the first time. Now they're just annoying. Shit or get off the pot
I miss when leaks were based on Corocoro, at least they usually had some cute art to go with it.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I really really hope you can ride your own Pokémon, and not stupid rental Pokémon like in S/M. That has always been so lame, it's obvious everyone wants to ride their own pets, not random ones.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Here are my guesses:

1.Hisuian Jynx that is Ice/Ghost
2.Hisuian Zoroark
3. New Pokemon that's Fairy/Flying
4. Hisuian Electrode/Voltrob
5. Hisuian Lilligant (The Lady Noble Pokemon is definetly a Grass Type)
6. Grass/Fighting Final Form of Rowlet
7.Hisuian Sudowoddo
8. Huisian Goomy Line
9. Water/Dark Final Form of Oshawott
10. Hisuian Avalugg
11. Hisuian Sneasal
12. Hisuian Ursaring

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Here are my guesses:

1.Hisuian Jynx that is Ice/Ghost
2.Hisuian Zoroark
3. New Pokemon that's Fairy/Flying
4. Hisuian Electrode/Voltrob
5. Hisuian Lilligant (The Lady Noble Pokemon is definetly a Grass Type)
6. Grass/Fighting Final Form of Rowlet
7.Hisuian Sudowoddo
8. Huisian Goomy Line
9. Water/Dark Final Form of Oshawott
10. Hisuian Avalugg
11. Hisuian Sneasal
12. Hisuian Ursaring
Haven't we seen Ursaring already?

OP
OP
WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Forgot to post these. More ancestors making up other wardens?

For reference, Mai & Marley

Story_mai.png
140px-Diamond_Pearl_Marley.png

Lian & Clay

Story_lian.png
Black_White_Clay.png

Arezu & Mars

Story_arezu.png

Feb 24, 2018
1. A new Perfect Form made specially for Witchmon to evolve into
2. BanchoLillamon
3. Finally the Ultimate/Mega form of Monzemon
4. Child form for the Mamemon line
5. New sexualized devil/Angel Digimon
6. kangaroo Digimon that isn't V-Mon in a costume.
7. Togemon variant obviously
8. New land slug for people who love molluscs but don't want a Numemon
9. Ulitmate/Mega form Moth.
10. Whamon evo
11. Some humanoid Child level Digimon, maybe a puppet.
12. A Sloth Digimon that isn't actually a damn sloth unlike Ancient Megatheriumon who despite the name, is a cow!

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Not that I'm putting too much steak into this, but I think 2 may be referring to a ghost version of Samurott, and 6 may be referring to a a fighting version of Decidueye. Don't know if anything may be referencing a new Typhlosion (Also it would be sort of odd to have type remixes and removing Ghost type off of one and giving it to another, but I dunno)

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Not that I'm putting too much steak into this, but I think 2 may be referring to a ghost version of Samurott, and 6 may be referring to a a fighting version of Decidueye. Don't know if anything may be referencing a new Typhlosion (Also it would be sort of odd to have type remixes and removing Ghost type off of one and giving it to another, but I dunno)
Afaik ghost is for Thyphlosion and Dark is for Samurott

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyway there was leaked design docs of Pokemon Legends that showed off Wyrdeer, Braviary, and Cleavor...well, they were silhouettes or obscured so we couldn't tell.

There's one Pokémon that could be seen climbing a mountain that hasn't been revealed, using jts arms...guess that's Weavile.

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
As a veteran to the series, I've been out of the loop for the past year. Vaguely have I been paying attention to these games and the Diamond/Pearl remakes. These speculations have suddenly piqued my interest from 0 to 100%.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
OP
OP
WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Since the user was right about Distortion World, Pal Park, the Diglett minigame and Jasmine redesign, I'm a little more inclined to believe this stuff is legit

Don't know what this means

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I'm hoping the cactus riddle is Qwilfish evolution like I've seen some people guessing. Qwilfish is a cool Pokemon that has always felt like it deserved more attention.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
That leak is annoying to me because everything kinda lines up nicely with everything we've heard but then they start going on about shit they can't possible know like suggesting some of the characters are ancestors of characters from Gen 9. Why include that? It just makes everything sound suspect

Jun 5, 2018
I find it unfortunate if these leaks are true that only one of each regions starters will actually get a new form/evo, especially alola and johto's who I don't feel are the least popular of their group.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I find it unfortunate if these leaks are true that only one of each regions starters will actually get a new form/evo, especially alola and johto's who I don't feel are the least popular of their group.
Not really, he just talked about one of the starters (the other starts could get new forms)
That leak is annoying to me because everything kinda lines up nicely with everything we've heard but then they start going on about shit they can't possible know like suggesting some of the characters are ancestors of characters from Gen 9. Why include that? It just makes everything sound suspect
While it's VERY unlikely, there is a possibility that Gen 9 is in the early testing phase (earlier then LA) which is why he knows some details regarding Gen 9
A loading screen is a whole lot easier to fake than a game screen.
True which makes me suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.