• Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvard

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Any Shield players that still haven't caught their Zamazenta? If so I have a trade offer for you. If you capture Zamazenta in a Premier Ball I'll trade you a Zamazenta + a high value BP item from the Battle Tower for it.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Ah, yeah it can be a bit long if you're setting up ridiculous amount of things that trigger

I just don't understand why they don't show the poison animation at the same time as the poison text box, or why they feel the need to show hail hitting each of the four Pokémon in a row (with a dedicated text box each), instead of one global animation and one text box (the name of the Pokémon in the text box could be in the order they are hit by the hail to no loose the speed information).

In many ways, battles are bound to old conventions they haven't touched for 20 years.
It's just weird to me.

PS: the "It's a critical hit!" text box is not sleek, Game Freak. Just show it on the screen when the attack hits!

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea how I'm going to get a 6IV Ditto.

I'm playing my second game in Spanish, so I can join a Ditto raid, but I'm pretty sure they're only guaranteed 3IVs, right?

I have a 6IV Japanese Ditto in Gen 7 that I've been using for yeeeeeears (it gets around) so I guess I can wait for Pokémon Home.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any references to other Pokémon games or regions in this game? Aside from Pokemon originally from other regions.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a really stupid question but:

I know in previous games there was a lot of debate about when to evolve Pokemon that use stones or other unusual methods because once they evolve, they can't learn anything anymore and you have to take them to a Move Reminder to learn new moves.

However, in Sword and Shield there's a Move Reminder in every Pokemon Center and his services are completely free.

So my question is, should I just go ahead and evolve Pokemon like Roselia right now and use the Move Reminder to get whatever old moves it couldn't learn?

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
Are there any references to other Pokémon games or regions in this game? Aside from Pokemon originally from other regions.
There are a few. The most memorable one to me was a guy in some pokecenter who mentions traveling from Unova to see the championship match.

This kind of falls under "Pokémon from other regions," but the poster Hop has mentions that three Pokémon from Kanto are the most popular Pokémon in Galar.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

I know in previous games there was a lot of debate about when to evolve Pokemon that use stones or other unusual methods because once they evolve, they can't learn anything anymore and you have to take them to a Move Reminder to learn new moves.

However, in Sword and Shield there's a Move Reminder in every Pokemon Center and his services are completely free.

So my question is, should I just go ahead and evolve Pokemon like Roselia right now and use the Move Reminder to get whatever old moves it couldn't learn?

Yes

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017

Yep, evolve them.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, managed to hatch a Shiny Ice Scales Snom without much issue. This thing may not be good, but screw it, I'm going to build it anyway.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just learned about Antique and Counterfeit Sinistea forms.

That's hilarious because Antique Sinistea is likely going to be one of the most counterfeited Pokemon this gen.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Is Toxel a special attacker? I just got one for free from a breeder in the daycare and it's Modest.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are a few. The most memorable one to me was a guy in some pokecenter who mentions traveling from Unova to see the championship match.

This kind of falls under "Pokémon from other regions," but the poster Hop has mentions that three Pokémon from Kanto are the most popular Pokémon in Galar.
The Fire type Gym Leader, Kabu, is originally from Hoenn.
Interesting, thanks for the replies! No direct mentions of Sinnoh makes me think we'll get Dyna Sword and Shield next year instead of DP remakes. Cool!

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Ferroseed supposed to evolve at level 40? I had a level 60 Ferroseed and leveled it up but it didn't evolve

Are you sending it out via Pokéjob? For some reason Pokémon won't evolve or learn new moves even if they have reached the required level.

Is Toxel a special attacker? I just got one for free from a breeder in the daycare and it's Modest.

Yes it is, its' special stats is higher than its' attack stats.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Its really not.
I managed to solo plenty of raids with a lvl 70 Dragapult, and it only got easier from there on.
Impossible is hyperbole, but they do make it a LOT harder for five star raids. It's far less about being capable of defeating them yourself, it's about praying to RNGesus that the Raid-mon doesn't solely target the NPCs and swiftly one-shot the ones without focus sashes. Especially going against the Pokemon that will bring up literally 10+ shields (total) which slows down your pace while making it easier for the Raid-mon to continue it's onslaught of the CPUs.

Solo'ing would be a lot easier if you could actually play solo, or NPC deaths didn't count as part of your total death count.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed that Sword/Shield don't support cloud save backup. What the fuck Game Freak? Why does Nintendo even allow this to be an optional feature?

It's like Game Freak has purposely tried to make me hate this game every chance they get. This developer is so fucking incompetent it makes me actually upset. It's 2019 and I can't back up a save file that will have 100+ hours of game time?

I know there has been enough Game Freak hate here but they really are fucking awful sometimes.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Impossible is hyperbole, but they do make it a LOT harder for five star raids. It's far less about being capable of defeating them yourself, it's about praying to RNGesus that the Raid-mon doesn't solely target the NPCs and swiftly one-shot the ones without focus sashes. Especially going against the Pokemon that will bring up literally 10+ shields (total) which slows down your pace while making it easier for the Raid-mon to continue it's onslaught of the CPUs.

Solo'ing would be a lot easier if you could actually play solo, or NPC deaths didn't count as part of your total death count.
Yep. The NPC Pokemon selections should scale with you like their levels do. Have them come from pools with similar BST.

Almost all of these first stage Pokemon are OHKO if super effective or two hits otherwise, so if the raid Pokemon has five shields and AOE attacks you aren't going to make it to the end of the raid.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed that Sword/Shield don't support cloud save backup. What the fuck Game Freak? Why does Nintendo even allow this to be an optional feature?

It's like Game Freak has purposely tried to make me hate this game every chance they get. This developer is so fucking incompetent it makes me actually upset. It's 2019 and I can't back up a save file that will have 100+ hours of game time?

I know there has been enough Game Freak hate here but they really are fucking awful sometimes.
They dont want you to abuse the trade system..... or some other arbitrary reason they'd come up with.

Ranmo

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone able to help me with a few trades? I have a swirlix ready to evolve.

Also if anyone has a spare Aromatisse and Turtonator they'd like to trade for something I'd love to trade! I just need these and I'll be on my way to completing my first dex :D.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Ok what is up with the game's input delay? It only happens when I'm in routes or the Wild Area.

Lyndis Lorca

Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished putting together my first in-game competitive team and now I'm in the Battle Tower earning held items.

Having a ton of fun, just need to get a Life Orb now before I jump into online ranked.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They should've had the Gym Leaders join you in Raids as you beat them...that'd be awesome.

Plus you could re-use the Dynamax tosses.

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
I decided to replay platinum, and got to a piece of dialogue where a trainer says "camping with Pokémon! Do you have any idea how fun that is?"

I'm going to be mildly disappointed if this dialogue is kept in and camping is removed.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
So now that Im towards the end of the game and most pokemon are lvl-50-60...is there any point on leveling up those pokemon that I caught earlier int he game at sub-level 20?

Im guessing it's probably not possible to run into a level 60 pikachu, evee, yamper, etc...

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So now that Im towards the end of the game and most pokemon are lvl-50-60...is there any point on leveling up those pokemon that I caught earlier int he game at sub-level 20?

Im guessing it's probably not possible to run into a level 60 pikachu, evee, yamper, etc...
they'll have better stats off the bat than pokemon caught at level 60

Mania

Jan 27, 2018
Could someone touch trade Shelmet -> Karrablast and my Phantump with me? Need them to finish my Dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.