BejiitaSama

Jan 4, 2019
There is youtube premiere and the official site talk about a "presentacion"... it's a bit different from the last trailer on IoA.
What is your opinion? Serebii

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
datamine admittedly killed some of my remaining excitement for this, but it should be cool getting to maybe see things like the
story scenario's
and what not in action

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Hoping this doesn't shadow drop tomorrow, that being said I am excited to go though and explore. Seems meatier than Isle of Armor, which I enjoyed for what it was.

Wondering if we might get a tease at that 3rd DLC, assuming that datamined information is actually even hinting at 3rd DLC.

BejiitaSama

Jan 4, 2019
Hoping this doesn't shadow drop tomorrow, that being said I am excited to go though and explore. Seems meatier than Isle of Armor, which I enjoyed for what it was.

Wondering if we might get a tease at that 3rd DLC, assuming that datamined information is actually even hinting at 3rd DLC.
Probably! a teaser to dlc 3 is a possibility considering words they used in pokemon direct 01.2020: "these are two key examples"

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
About time for Crown Tundra. I finished Isle of Armor pretty quickly, so hopefully this one is a bit better.

I've just started competitive after weeks of research/getting an understanding and *only* getting the game at Easter. I haven't been this caught up in a game for a very long time.
So yeah I'm looking forward to this.

Competitive Pokémon is a different kind of beast. Really is one of the best PvP experiences on the market.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Based on the datamining I am pretty excited to see what they show off tomorrow. For all of its faults, I did enjoy IoA more than I thought I would. The new wild area had a signficantly better design, I just wish the graphics could match it. I think the slowdown and pop ins were even worse than the normal wild area when I went online. As for Crown Tundra, I am pretty interested in how the world will be designed seeing as how its looking significantly bigger than the IoA. They add in some actual dungeons/shrines/whatever to catch all the new legendaries and I am totally in.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

What in the datamine makes you think there will be a 3rd dlc?

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the improvements from the last DLC. I hope this is just as fun for me.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Hopefully next month release?

Isle of armour was pretty fun and I'm expecting pretty much the same for this. Not super keen on the 60 million legendaries I never even heard of being re-added.

For the love of god please just add the Geodude line in so I can transfer my Golem. I need that stupid, snake headed, boulder idiot back in my life.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for the meta to go back to shit with the metric ton of legendaries coming back. Yay.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to hijack this thread. But I just got the game and got to the wild area. Is there any point in buying the expansion pass yet?

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Sorry to hijack this thread. But I just got the game and got to the wild area. Is there any point in buying the expansion pass yet?
Not really unless you want access to some Pokémon not in the base game and the gigantamax forms of the starter Pokémon. You won't be able to finish the islands main quest until close to the end of the game. As there is a level requirement for one specific Pokémon that won't be easy to attain during the early game.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
It's not like missing a season will hurt them or there haven't been gaps between Pokemon games before. I don't see a big reason to release a 3rd DLC

By that same logic there were skip years between mainline RPGs and they didn't release anything at all so why even bother to do expansions to begin with?

I'm not suggesting it is a sure thing but it makes some sense.

It would allow them to bring over the last of any missing pokemon from previous generations and then finally 'every pokemon' would be in Sword and Shield and financially I am sure it would be more than worth the investment.

Unless the expansion team is needed to work on the mainline game I don't see why they wouldn't squeak another one in there.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Not really unless you want access to some Pokémon not in the base game and the gigantamax forms of the starter Pokémon. You won't be able to finish the islands main quest until close to the end of the game. As there is a level requirement for one specific Pokémon that won't be easy to attain during the early game.
Thanks! Will leave it for now then.

UncleAlbert

Mar 25, 2020
I had good fun with the first DLC, with 20+ hours of gameplay. This looks even more promising, so I'm excited. A small concern is that perhaps this is more "catch a bunch legendaries" focused and less "story focused", which in the first DLC was already minimal. But we'll see.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
After being so excited and subsequently let down by isle of armor being some ass cheeks, I find it hard to care, but hopefully raiding is fun and there's more gameplay here.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The first DLC was good in concept but there just wasn't enough meat on its bones. Hopefully DLC2 has more to it, at least have trainers to fight in the open world.

Wait, what in the datamine potentially pointed towards a 3rd DLC?

Last edited:

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
I hope it's a lot meatier than the first one. It was fun and I loved the region design but it was painfully easy and over really quick. I have high hopes for the tournament in this one as well as the multiplayer legendary raids.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had good fun with the first DLC, with 20+ hours of gameplay. This looks even more promising, so I'm excited. A small concern is that perhaps this is more "catch a bunch legendaries" focused and less "story focused", which in the first DLC was already minimal. But we'll see.
Honestly I would honestly prefer if it had more interesting gameplay ideas than just selling on story because 90% of the time stories in Pokemon games are complete garbage

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like missing a season will hurt them or there haven't been gaps between Pokemon games before. I don't see a big reason to release a 3rd DLC
The big reason for there to be a 3rd (and maybe even 4th) DLC would be if there's no remakes currently planned this generation (which I honestly would prefer at this point, Sword and Shield are not the best base to build on) and they actually plan on taking their time with Gen 9 and waiting until 2023 to release it. Somewhat wishful thinking, but it could happen.

Though at the very least, if they do randomly decide to fill in something that should have been a gap year again, more DLC would be preferable to another Let's Go.

Quinton

Staff Writer at TheGamer / Reviewer at RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar, With Love
and they actually plan on taking their time with Gen 9 and waiting until 2023 to release it. Somewhat wishful thinking, but it could happen.

PT: 2009
HGSS: 2010
BW: 2011
BW2: 2012
XY: 2013
ORAS: 2014
SM: 2016
USUM: 2017
LGPE: 2018
SS: 2019

I seldom use this word, but four years without a mainline Pokemon game legitimately feels impossible to me.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
PT: 2009
HGSS: 2010
BW: 2011
BW2: 2012
XY: 2013
ORAS: 2014
SM: 2016
USUM: 2017
LGPE: 2018
SS: 2019

I seldom use this word, but four years without a mainline Pokemon game legitimately feels impossible to me.
The Sword and Shield DLC is basically taking the typical third version and spreading it out a bit. In this hypothetical, that is the "game" for 2020 and 2021, while 2022 is the only actual gap year.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
The Sword and Shield DLC is basically taking the typical third version and spreading it out a bit. In this hypothetical, that is the "game" for 2020 and 2021, while 2022 is the only actual gap year.
Pokémon releases are getting more frequent, and Game Freak staff have talked about the need of releasing new games quickly so I doubt that is going to change.

Anyways, they're working on a new game for next year, as far as I know.