• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The Pokémon Company have apologised as Dewgong was in this episode but not in Sword & Shield

OP
OP
ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Just give out a complementary seel as compensation for the emotional trauma they caused to dexiters

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The inclusion of the Glimwood Tangle stream and the Rotom causing bugs on Sirfetch'd data is perfect
EZuoXsrWAAAVCj8

OP
OP
ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still trying to figure out where that whole "Oleana was homeless" thing came from. I guess it was randomly added to a wiki and no one bothered to care that there was no citation. Anyway, I'm glad this cleared up her origins a bit

Also, Rose putting the moves on her

OP
OP
ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
final episode. all the gym leaders make an appearance

www.youtube.com

【公式】『ポケットモンスター ソード・シールド』オリジナルアニメ「薄明の翼」 第7話「空」

『ポケットモンスター ソード・シールド』の世界を舞台にしたアニメ「薄明の翼」第7話「空」。ダンデの試合をスタジアムで観戦することを夢見ていたジョン。彼が憧れているダンデとはどのような存在なのか。そして、ジョンの夢の行方は……。全7話、公開中!https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...

Last edited:
OP
OP
ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon really needs voice acting for the next game.

and proper gym leader stories

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the whole series, it was super great! I cried at times, beautiful animations, really loved getting into the heads of the different characters and pokemon.

Edit: Thinking about this more and reading some other people's observations, I think it's really cool how this sets up a coherent narrative with the main games:

Twilight Wings is a prequel to the main games and ends with the battle that starts Sword and Shield. It kind of establishes the idea that Leon is depressed (?) or at least stressed out / unenthused by maintaining his championship role, though he gets momentarily reignited by helping John. Anyway this sets up how he helps the player character in Sword/Shield and they eventually defeat him, then he concludes his character arc by setting up the battle tower to help other trainers get stronger. He has a cool master-to-mentor arc I think.

Last edited:

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
Just watched the whole series, it was super great! I cried at times, beautiful animations, really loved getting into the heads of the different characters and pokemon.

Edit: Thinking about this more and reading some other people's observations, I think it's really cool how this sets up a coherent narrative with the main games:

Twilight Wings is a prequel to the main games and ends with the battle that starts Sword and Shield. It kind of establishes the idea that Leon is depressed (?) or at least stressed out / unenthused by maintaining his championship role, though he gets momentarily reignited by helping John. Anyway this sets up how he helps the player character in Sword/Shield and they eventually defeat him, then he concludes his character arc by setting up the battle tower to help other trainers get stronger. He has a cool master-to-mentor arc I think.
The player characters are the ones who appeared at the very end, right? Those outfits looked familiar.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
I will always hate the fact that Leon's signature pokemon is a fucking charizard.

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
They've done such an amazing job of fleshing out the Galar region and making it feel more alive.

I wonder if these can all be stitched together into a movie length animation? because I need a movie from this team.

Oct 27, 2017
Watching this, like before, I wonder why these weren't cutscenes that you saw during the game -_-. It's like every bit of fleshing out of Galar is either completely outside the game in these shorts, or simply alluded to in the League cards. It's quite frustrating

OP
OP
ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching this, like before, I wonder why these weren't cutscenes that you saw during the game -_-. It's like every bit of fleshing out of Galar is either completely outside the game in these shorts, or simply alluded to in the League cards. It's quite frustrating
gen 5 and 7 are probably just flukes and GF can't really do story/characters all that well