• a jmon

Votes: 55 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Kanto's type diversity (and Pokemon diversity in general) is garbage without mixing in Pokemon from other gens
This is very true.

To be honest, I too have had to roll my eyes at some of the "Kanto pandering" in the 3ds version of the games. It was a lot of cheap easter eggs, mediocre megas, the Alolan forms should have at least been extended to other generations, and rainbow rocket is just lol. That said, if any "Kanto pandering" is going to be done, it might as well be a full blown remake - but I 'really' hope the remake will extend the olive branch and pay homage to all the other generations that everyone has come to love. I think very few people want this to be a gen 1 only experience but I think the criticism of going back to Kanto just for going back to Kanto is not warranted if it's done tastefully.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing wrong with the only Ghost line being weak to the type it's supposed to counter.
Gen 1 =/= Kanto. Retroactive steel types, dark type moves like bite and crunch being prominent, and good bug moves actually existing changes the coverage situation dramatically, not to mention the special stat not being dumb.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
It reminds me so much of SF fans being so pissed that SF II is still so popular
It is honestly the most annoying thing I have seen among the pokemon community. I get it. If you were not born during this time, or simply didnt play them, then they probably dont understand, but Pokemon was a phenomenon in the 90s. I dont get all the scoffs from people. Pokemon had to start somewhere, and it just so happens that it was the most popular when it first started off.

Again, obviously, the games got better as time went on. They evolved (no pun intended), and brought in new ideas, so obviously, the franchise has gotten better, but there is a lot of nostalgia there for people who experienced it in the 90s.

As i said before, gen1 is the most marketable. Best is for a different discussion, but everything has to start somewhere, and for its time it was 2nd to none.

Personally, my favorites are Gold/Silver, and Saphire/Ruby. X/Y is up there too. i wouldnt say there is a best, rather just most memorable from person to person (preferences, or however you want to word it).

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
The image is used as a reference, the patent itself is for a device that related to the game as specified by the patent summary. if it were for sun and moon wouldnt this kind of device be patented and published at an eariler time than the last few months?
The patent was filled in Japan much earlier. It was filled late in the US.

It's not a different device, that's just the 3DS (hardware) screen.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is honestly the most annoying thing I have seen among the pokemon community. I get it. If you were not born during this time, or simply didnt play them, then they probably dont understand, but Pokemon was a phenomenon in the 90s. I dont get all the scoffs from people. Pokemon had to start somewhere, and it just so happens that it was the most popular when it first started off.

Again, obviously, the games got better as time went on. They evolved (no pun intended), and brought in new ideas, so obviously, the franchise has gotten better, but there is a lot of nostalgia there for people who experienced it in the 90s.

As i said before, gen1 is the most marketable. Best is for a different discussion, but everything has to start somewhere, and for its time it was 2nd to none.

Personally, my favorites are Gold/Silver, and Saphire/Ruby. X/Y is up there too.
I agree with all of this, with a little addendum: I think Gens 1 and 2 are both equally marketable (and most "nostalgic" fans don't really delineate between the two)

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
It reminds me so much of SF fans being so pissed that SF II is still so popular

And why doesn't Capcom pay any attention to them? Because Capcom knows better and is aware that demands clouded by rose tinted glasses are meant to be ignored. Game Freak however is going to make that mistake again after FR/LG tried exactly that and ended up among the lowest sold in the series.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
People gloss over this a lot, but it's a major issue. If you want a Ghost type in gen 1, you literally have a single choice. Type distribution is the biggest weakness of RBY.
This is where I've been since the moment the earliest rumors starter circulating. I don't mind revisiting Kanto, especially if it has been changed since RBY/GS, but if it's the original 151, I'm not touching the game. One Ghost line, only one dragon line, six billion Poison types, and no Dark types? No thanks. I don't even want a Black/White scenario where it's Gen I until post-game and then you gain access to other gens.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And why doesn't Capcom pay any attention to them? Because Capcom knows better and is aware that demands clouded by rose tinted glasses are meant to be ignored. Game Freak however is going to make that mistake again after FR/LG tried exactly that and ended up among the lowest sold in the series.
You cannot be serious with using FRLG as the barometer for anything.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Adding the Alolan forms would fix a lot of the typing issues with Kanto.

Gen 1 =/= Kanto. Retroactive steel types, dark type moves like bite and crunch being prominent, and good bug moves actually existing changes the coverage situation dramatically, not to mention the special stat not being dumb.
That doesn't really change the ghost type issue. There will still be only one line that's weak to psychic.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017

Did you Capcom doesn't pay any attention to SF II nostalgia?
What?
That's hilarious
Must've missed that game being re-released about 5 million times.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I tried avoiding this thread but I can't. :(

So we getting hyped for tonight? Let's Go!

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
I see the poll was changed. The results of the previous one were interesting: neither first nor last, but not second either.
capture_001_29052018_232501p.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina

Personally, my favorites are Gold/Silver, and Saphire/Ruby. X/Y is up there too.
Come on now, most of us have been here from the start. Hell, I was born in 95 and the gen 1 games were still my first. Shit gets boring after awhile, and it's absolutely fair for people to point out how annoying it is to go back to the same well so many times.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
So are there any chances for any type of information to be revealed during/after the event on the 2019 Pokemon game? Or is it simply just focusing on two Pokemon games and a accessory this year?

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Yellow was the GOAT for me so I'm ok with this :-)
Or..... if it's like with BOTW

We'd get Pokémon Emily and Pokémon Zell with DLC expansions acting as your typical third version/ sequel versions content

and then definitive versions with the DLC expansion content included in Pokémon Emily Definitive edition and Pokémon Zell Definitive edition

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
not sure Capcom is exactly the scions of good business choices atm

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

You might want to read this again...

You read that wrong bud
He was neglecting his kid and playing Pokemon Go nearly leading to his son's death
Pokemon ends lives

That's a hard headline to read, but to me it says the Father was out playing Pokémon Go, not the life saver. If so, Pokémon = negligence?

Dude went out to play Pokémon Go so someone could save his kid and receive citizenship and a job.

powerful

iconic

My sides

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Personally, my favorites are Gold/Silver, and Saphire/Ruby. X/Y is up there too. i wouldnt say there is a best, rather just most memorable from person to person (preferences, or however you want to word it).
I remember watching the first episode of the anime the day it aired in Canada. It's not just people that started the series later that dislike gen 1.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
What?
That's hilarious

No, I meant the OG SF nostalgia. There's people that swear by it and still salty that SFII (and beyond) formula is what got popular, and Capcom made a good choice not listening to them,.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
It's not good, but it's not so bad it's broken. The dark type isn't the sole reason psychic is just decent now, which I tried to explain in my post.

I'm also willing to bet we'll have Umbreon, though.
It's not even about being broken anymore though. There are 18 types in pokemon and excluding one is bonkers. If Umbreon is included along with the other eeveelutions + 151 then that's even more bonkers .

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
No dark types in Gen 1, the one Ghost line will still be weak to Psychic, Ghost, and now Dark moves, one Dragon line that will get shredded by Fairy moves. I like the Gen 1 Pokemon, but having only them will be a balance nightmare, and I know the general masses don't really care about that.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017

The problem is that a very large portion of the fanbase (probably the majority) haven't even played RBY/FRLG. Every generation is someone's first. There's no real reason for gen 1 to get so much more attention.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What?
That's hilarious
1. SF1 is the Gen 1 equivalent whether you like it or not.

2. Call me when Capcom releases a 3d modeled SF II instead of SF6 and we'll talk about them being as bad as Gamefreak.

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine it being someone's first game and having an entire type seemingly only exist in the form of moves.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
Can't speak for everyone but its not that I hate Gen 1. Gen 2 is my favorite and at the end of the day its basically Gen 1.5 at best. I actually like most if not all of Gen 1's pokemon (except Zubat...but thats more due to the fucker constantly showing up and not allowing me to run away...Zubat pls).

Its just that the variety is not there in terms of the second most important thing I get from the series; Team Building.

It is what it is tho. Honestly the whole wait for 2019 doe stuff makes me a lot less butthurt over this.

End

May 29, 2018
Long time lurker, first time poster here...

So we have a few hours till this 90 minute event of some sort, then afterwards we get the long awaited information we have all been grasping for.

Do we know in what format we shall receive this magical piece of pie? Official press release? Live stream conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.