• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's in a game?

• a miserable pile of secrets

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • a clock resetting

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • a bag of dead hype

Votes: 25 16.3%
  • a jmon

Votes: 55 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
It's not game art, it's production sheets from the anime. It was 100% confirmed real when Mallow was revealed. Also if that wasn't enough, the TCG leaked out the final evolutions and their names before they were officially announced anyways.

The scene with Ash/Mallow sitting around an Incineroar never happened in the anime though. Assuming that's Ash's Incineroar, I find it hard to believe they have model sheets way back in 2016 for something that wouldn't happen for another 2 years into late 2018. Ash still has Torracat, and while I know anime episodes are planned out almost a year in advance, I doubt it's 2 years in advance.

SelmoTBB

May 13, 2018
I'd do anything to erase Brionne and Primarina from existence so Popplio could have good evolutions like it deserves.

ANYTHING.

Idk if this is your case, but a lot of Primarina hate comes from being "very female, a male one makes no sense". Well, Machamp and even Alakazam make no sense female then. And it is even worse (and these annoy me) if you think about female SeaKING and MR Mime.

Still, not saying this is your thinking but I saw a lot and actually bothers me. I like Primarina, it is different I guess.

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
Possible protag and rival designs.

lrbTxPLh.jpg
Not really feeling the hair on the male character, but I really like the design of the female character. Especially her little hat, it's adorable!

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Idk if this is your case, but a lot of Primarina hate comes from being "very female, a male one makes no sense". Well, Machamp and even Alakazam make no sense female then. And it is even worse (and these annoy me) if you think about female SeaKING and MR Mime.

Still, not saying this is your thinking but I saw a lot and actually bothers me. I like Primarina, it is different I guess.
I don't really give any thought to the genders of pokemon, but I will admit I dislike Popplio's evos because of how feminine they are (well, I do think Brionne is straight up an ugly design). It's just a personal thing, I get why other people like them especially since the starters have traditionally been mostly masculine designs.

SelmoTBB

May 13, 2018
I don't really give any thought to the genders of pokemon, but I will admit I dislike Popplio's evos because of how feminine they are (well, I do think Brionne is straight up an ugly design). It's just a personal thing, I get why other people like them especially since the starters have traditionally been mostly masculine designs.

Have to agree on Brionne. Kirlia is a way better feminine design. But Primarina is awesome tho.

fleante

Oct 28, 2017
I don't like any of the Alolan starters' final evolutions, they all deviate too much from their respective starting form

Xeogran

Apr 25, 2018
Poland
b2vqBQ2.png

So we're getting more and more evidence this might be a RPG Game, but not "Mainline Game". This is surely interesting, as it never happened in Pokemon before. It makes you wonder if the gameplay will be different enough to be able to easily separate the two styles.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I've said this a million times. It's not the same guy. It's super easy to pretend to be someone on 4chan unless they uses a tripcode. Like if it was the same guy, why wouldn't he just include that info in the same post as the picture? It doesn't make sense.

Please stop posting this people, it's not the same person. There's no way to know it.

My bad. I thought he included the tripcode, and that's why people posted it here.

Locuza

Mar 6, 2018
I still wish Incineroar was fake :(
Deep in my heart he is, like every fire Pokemon after Charizard.
Could somebody just fire the fire starter designer so that it doesn't end up looking like a fire/fighting type and using fugly animal designs like apes, pigs and fucking chicken?
Thx.

Also Fennekin's evolves were a mistake.

*sprinkling salty tears*

Now I'm again hoping that the upcoming Pokemon game will do up for all the sins.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
b2vqBQ2.png

So we're getting more and more evidence this might be a RPG Game, but not "Mainline Game". This is surely interesting, as it never happened in Pokemon before. It makes you wonder if the gameplay will be different enough to be able to easily separate the two styles.
Pokemon definitely needs to branch out into a couple of series, been saying it for months. Lets Go! couls be the casual branch and an evolution of SM/USUM, with a more flagship hardcorish branch taking up everything that SM reintroduced from Gen 5 and evolving that further. Both are totally canon, have plotlines thst are refetenced in between games and even have cameos.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
She sounds very confident on her words, coming to this thread and claiming a few times the reveal is still before June. I'll trust her.

The recent Nintendo UK Page update also makes it feel like something is finally happening.

I mean it's not too long either until we find out if she is right or not but trying to attack her now eventhough May is still not over no matter how much some people already want it to be over so they can attack her is just childish. It's just videogames people, relax.

oracion

Jan 7, 2018
Tokyo
<japanese name rule>
ポケットモンスター(Pocket Monsters) ○○ → Main Line Series
ポケモン(Pokemon)○○ → Spin Off

JKTobi

Apr 24, 2018
Lol. why saying that Emily is wrong is an attack??. If she is wrong that doesn´t matter, we will just to wait a bit more for the reveal. Is not an attack or anything, Pokemon is not your life, you are no going to die if the reveal occurs at the E3, I mean, you all has been here since February.

Frijolito

May 25, 2018
She sounds very confident on her words, coming to this thread and claiming a few times the reveal is still before June. I'll trust her.

The recent Nintendo UK Page update also makes it feel like something is finally happening.
"Like something is finally happening". Well, just like Pokemon Stars seemed to, remember how it ended. This whole rumours are as fake as Pokemon Stars.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
They are adolescents and preadolescents who have to wear more or less real clothes.

It is not as if there were an infinity of possibilities when designing them.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
"Like something is finally happening". Well, just like Pokemon Stars seemed to, remember how it ended. This whole rumours are as fake as Pokemon Stars.
It's VERY different to Pokemon Stars. We did not have trademarks, job advertisments for editors, translators and localisers, senior Gamefreak devs blatantly namedropping the titles or website domains being registered.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
With Pokémon Star we only had that Pikachu merchandising looking at the starry sky and little else.

And then Eurogamer tried to do damage control.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
b2vqBQ2.png

Anybody can make a fake leak. Don't post random 4chan stuff. Did you even read that 4chan thread, the "leaker" says the next mainline game will be for 3DS lol

The Let's Go Pikachu logo clearly uses the Pocket Monsters title, that's the mainline series.

Frijolito

May 25, 2018
It's VERY different to Pokemon Stars. We did not have trademarks, job advertisments for editors, translators and localisers, senior Gamefreak devs blatantly namedropping the titles or website domains being registered.
This doesn't mean that something is happening. But if the whole internet starts speculating 24/7 about everything that has an Eevee on it, or trademarks that we don't know who registered them... It's easy that in the long run people believe all what insiders say.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, nobody knows if something is going to happen or not, but this is a speculation thread. We're speculating. It's okay if we get carried away and have fun. All we are doing is talking about a Pokemon game.

It'd be cool if, at the reveal event, there was a surprise bonus game. A Pokemon Rumble type thing seems most likely and I actually enjoyed those games quite a bit even though they were so simple, but a Mystery Dungeon would get me so hyped

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Phil Good

Apr 25, 2018
What if next week they reveal two games : the rumored Pokemon LGPE for the Switch, and Gen 8 for the 3DS. I would instantly stop being a Game Freak consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.