Votes: 23 5.1%
  • Russia/China

Votes: 45 10.0%
  • Others

Votes: 34 7.5%

• Total voters

noffles

Nov 10, 2017
i hope it's based on italy so they can be weird and make a gelato based regional variant of vanillish that ultimately makes me cynical about pokemon going forward

otherwise, not sure i care, they already did the uk and i wasn't big on it -- italy is a nice country though

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I may be biased because I'm Spanish, but I think a Mediterranean-based region would be cool.

I'd also love a South America-based region, it would make for some great legendaries.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Brazil makes a lot of sense considering it has the highest population of Japanese pepole in it outside of Japan itself. I wouldn't be suprised if it happened though i am curious. Do you think for some of the Legendaries/E4 do you think they will take some inspiration from Incan Mythology?

roguebubble

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 8, 2018
Indonesia/Malay Archipelago could be cool, allows them to do separate small open worlds on each island rather than deal with the hassle of one large continuous open world. Plus expansions can be new islands.

Eirwaz

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Im biased but i would love a scandinavian region with fjords and Coastlines. Sami inspired and norse inspired clothing, colorful rows of wooden huts and houses. An Ålesund inspired Town. Gøteborg and copenhagen too.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I've seen a theory that it was going to be Italy for Gen 9 because of the Masuda character in BDSP greeting and saying goodbye to you with Ciao, which he usually doesn't do

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In Chile you have all the biomes (desert, snowy mountains, volcanos, forests, lakes, rivers, ports, beaches, tundra, cities, etc).
Just saying Gamefreak wink*

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Australia/New Zealand sounds like a great opportunity.

My second option would be Brazil/South America.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I assume they're going to stick with European or anglophone countries for the foreseeable future - maybe with a few swings at

For as big a market (and place) as it is, they've kind of dodged the United States. You've got Unova, but that's before they really drew explicit inspiration from their locales, and you've got Alola, which is really its own thing culturally. Something like California, or Florida, or "the East Coast" in general would probably work.

Australia and New Zealand seems pretty much built for Pokemonization, so I'm not surprised they get so much play. Eastern Canada would work, too - Quebec and the Maritimes have a nice "shape" and a lot of usable cities.

Personally I'd be very into China, which could have a cool historical vibe. Same with Italy or Greece if you wanted to go back to Europe. Never considered India, but now that you mention it, lots to do with that as well... though a little trickier as their gods are still actively worshipped. No one's gonna complain about stuffing Zeus into a tiny ball, but you know they'd do a Ganesh and a Hanuman, and that might be a little tasteless.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
brazil
also boo at south america as a whole being even considered, it is just dismissing for the subcontinent as whole to make one region alone to just represent it, like brazil alone has more biodiversity than every other option in the poll combined

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I assume they're going to stick with European or anglophone countries for the foreseeable future - maybe with a few swings at

For as big a market (and place) as it is, they've kind of dodged the United States. You've got Unova, but that's before they really drew explicit inspiration from their locales, and you've got Alola, which is really its own thing culturally. Something like California, or Florida, or "the East Coast" in general would probably work.

Australia and New Zealand seems pretty much built for Pokemonization, so I'm not surprised they get so much play. Eastern Canada would work, too - Quebec and the Maritimes have a nice "shape" and a lot of usable cities.

Personally I'd be very into China, which could have a cool historical vibe. Same with Italy or Greece if you wanted to go back to Europe. Never considered India, but now that you mention it, lots to do with that as well... though a little trickier as their gods are still actively worshipped. No one's gonna complain about stuffing Zeus into a tiny ball, but you know they'd do a Ganesh and a Hanuman, and that might be a little tasteless.
The only thing going against China is the fact Japan haven't had a good relationship with China plus it is very possible GF would need to negoitate with the Chinese Goverment to use certain things

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely curious what a South American inspired region would be like and have been for awhile.

Soltis

Feb 28, 2019
United States
Seeing as we're coming off of Galar, my preference would be to have the next region be based on somewhere not part of Western Europe.

My money is on Australia, I think. Assuming that they pass over Europe for Gen 9, Australia in some ways feels like the logical place to go. That said, I never would've predicted Alola, so who knows.

I dig the idea of a region based on California, but I think I'd prefer a region more broadly based in the American West.

Give me a small town based on Route 66 towns like Seligman, AZ. A neon metropolis in the desert based on Las Vegas. A Pokémon league in an extinct volcano a la Crater Lake.

Probably more we can reasonably expect from a Pokémon region these days, but I can dream.

Praglik

Nov 3, 2017
SH
The only thing going against China is the fact Japan haven't had a good relationship with China plus it is very possible GF would need to negoitate with the Chinese Goverment to use certain things

Nintendo and especially Pokémon have a VERY good relation with China at the moment. Tons of Pokémon events nowadays here in Shanghai.

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
I really will be genuinely surprised if the next region isn't based on China. They've really made a big push for the Chinese market in recent years, it really seems like the next logical step for them.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Greece would be cool, I'd like to see Pokémon's take on Santorini. Some of those dry mountains. It'd make for unique biomes for the series. Africa would be my second choice, there is a lot of opportunity there as well.

Sep 29, 2019
South America in general would be amazingly rich to base a region on. Has a lot of culture to explore and a lot of landmark animals/places to draw inspiration from.

Italy would also be on the top of my list, i can imagine it looking amazing.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
The fact that Africa isn't a poll choice is baffling. Probably one of the most diverse fauna for wild life. Pokemon should have adopted this a while ago.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Nintendo and especially Pokémon have a VERY good relation with China at the moment. Tons of Pokémon events nowadays here in Shanghai.
Ah fair enough and considering how Nintendo/GF wants to appeal to China making a reigon set in China does make sense though they would probalby still have to negoitate with the Chinese goverment on some things.

Also someone made a Pokedex based on China

Realistically if an African region happened it most likely either be Egypt or South Africa
I agree, i was leaning towards Egypt but i could see them going with SA especially since we could get Madagascar as DLC

India would be pretty sweet. I just want a region with a lot of snow.
If we get the Nordic Countries then you will likely get a region with a lot of snow

Last edited:

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
After seeing the Subjectivity videos on their fake-region, I kind of would like Mexico. I expect the next get to be part of China however.

I don't think it's a priority at all, but the east coast US/NYC could probably use a better shot. When you compare Unova and how it represents NYC against how Kalos, Alola, and Galar represented their real world equivalents, there's a lot to be desired.

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
After seeing the Subjectivity videos on their fake-region, I kind of would like Mexico. I expect it to be part of China however.

I don't think it's a priority at all, but the east coast US/NYC could probably use a better shot. When you compare Unova and how it represents NYC against how Kalos, Alola, and Galar represented their real world equivalents, there's a lot to be desired.
Why would Mexico be part of China in a Pokemon Reigon?...wait nevermind i misinterpated what you were saying

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Brazil makes a lot of sense considering it has the highest population of Japanese pepole in it outside of Japan itself. I wouldn't be suprised if it happened though i am curious. Do you think for some of the Legendaries/E4 do you think they will take some inspiration from Incan Mythology?

If the region was South America in general aka a mishmash of every SA culture then maybe, but if the region was supposed to be Brazil specifically then that makes no sense cause Incan mythology isn't our thing lol

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
If the region was South America in general aka a mishmash of every SA culture then maybe, but if the region was supposed to be Brazil specifically then that makes no sense cause Incan mythology isn't our thing lol
Ah fair point.

Honestly i think Brazil would be very intresting either way and it's connection to Japan definetly makes it a likely contender

Trigger