• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
The company (Polium, that is...) just announced the console with a simple tweet.

No price, no details, no release date and, most of all, no games.

On top of this, the thread is full of fake accounts clearly created to support the original tweet.

The announcement received quite a bit of criticism on Twitter and the producer said that they were under a "bot attack"... off to a good start.

May it rival Intellivision Amico?

EDIT: there's also an official website (thanks Keyser S )

Last edited:

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Lol the fact that it is so close to the GameCube logo is also hilarious.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

FWyQOjbUUAA9wey

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I have a relative who's all in on "web3 gaming" and from what I can tell one of the major cornerstones of web3 gaming is not being willing and/or able to explain why anyone should give a shit

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crypto bro investor crap, nothing about this console is real except them wanting to raise money making selling a concept that doesn't work.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I have a relative who's all in on "web3 gaming" and from what I can tell one of the major cornerstones of web3 gaming is not being willing and/or able to explain why anyone should give a shit
If it's "willing" rather than "able" I think that means that your relative might be one of the smarter ones, because they might have gotten past the being unable to tell when your descriptions of web3 gaming sound really bad to people who aren't already sold on web3 gaming stage.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Reading the website. The controller has a wallet button, so at any time you're playing a game you can wallet.

One of the first features they bring up is that besides all the crypto stuff it has a clean dashboard.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Next to the logo being a ripoff, the controller is also a dualshock ripoff, like I'm pretty sure Sony has patented that dpad.

But I doubt this thing is more than a render, and the guy is intending to rugpull all the money.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, this is awesome. There's a FAQ section on their website, and there's a question in that FAQ asking what games will be available.

Their answer doesn't actually name any games.

It also has a section in the FAQ for specs which doesn't say any specs.

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
I also start to believe Elon Musk's comments about how Twitter has tons of bots. Holy shit, just look at any profile with positive comment about this.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
There is a section on the FAQ that asks if it's safe to use. I don't normally have to ask that about a console.

Last edited:

collige

Oct 31, 2017
The console will be powerful enough to run high-performance games and will be easy to use for a traditional gamer who doesn't understand Web 3. Not only will this solve a problem but it will also bring mass adoption into the Web 3 space.
Sounds to me like OP isn't a fan of solving problems.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Hey, if the appeal of an NFT is that it's rare and only one person owns it despite it being nothing more than an immaterial thing that doesn't actually exist, this console will fit right in.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, if anyone thinks this is a legit product and not another crypto scam:
FWy_aYFWIAky7cv

To be fair it isn't a hard one to hit the bottom three selling points given that's just the spec of HDMI 2.1 and most new GPU's are RT compatible at some level, but TouchID is literally a trademark from Apple lol.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Roadmap

Roadmap for 2022-2024
Overview

2022 - Polium Pass
2022 - PFP Airdrop
2022 - Staking
2023 - Gametag Claim
2023 - SDK
2024 - Polium Wallet (Chrome)
2024 - Polium One

...So if I'm understanding this correctly, they're planning to have a software development kit next year, but before that happens you, the player, are going to pick your gamertag. Also the wallet arrives before the system itself does.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds to me like OP isn't a fan of solving problems.
I'm loving the technique of just telling you that it's solving a problem and not explaining what that problem is.

"Okay, but what's the point of crypto?" "It totally has a point. The point is great, I love it. The point is probably my favourite part of the whole thing."