Did you buy a copy of The Outer Worlds or are you playing it with Game Pass?

• Bought the game (retail)

Votes: 104 3.8%
  • Bought the game (digital)

Votes: 171 6.3%
  • Game Pass (free trial or $1-2 offer)

Votes: 952 34.9%
  • Game Pass (normal price)

Votes: 1,155 42.4%
  • Haven’t bought it yet

Votes: 345 12.7%

• Total voters

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't buy it, but I'd wait for a sale or play it for free on a trial then cancel the sub.

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
Used the game pass £1 first month, and I'm glad I did, because I'm really not vibing with it.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass for me, though the game is so good that I can definitely see purchasing it outright once it hits Steam.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Are there actually that many who are paying FULL price for GP and not converted to Ultimate/tacked on deals ?

Skot

Oct 30, 2017
Bought it on PS4 at retail. Was going to play it on Gamepass but after the reviews i wanted Obsidian to get all the coins.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Playing with Game Pass, but I'm gonna go ahead and purchase it given how much I love it. Might be the Switch version I get, but I will pay full price money for this.

Retsudo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
Gamepass. Im liking the game overall, but would've waited for a price drop if it wasnt for GP.

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I intend on buying it for PS4 at some point, but to be frank my PS4 dashboard slowed down so much the whole experience reminds me a lot of Wii U in that I don't want to boot up my PS4 anymore. Maybe I'll get it when I'm compiling my GOTY list and feel the need to at least try it.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I grabbed it with game pass because I wasn't sure how much I'd like it .... 11 hours of playtime later and it's like they mixed mass effect with bioshock and it's pretty solid (maybe a bit too easy on normal difficulty though). I think I'll pay for an actual copy of the game whenever it's out on steam.

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
Will purchase the full version on Switch (barring terrible performance). Currently playing on my Game Pass which was purchased using discounts.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
This is skewed. I'm sure there are people who don't frequent the forum who bought it but I'd imagine the cut to be 10/90 here

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
need a "i burned a hole in my ass eating taco bell chalupas and got 6 weeks of gamepass for $5 through that" poll option

Oct 25, 2017
I have the Gold converted GP for 2 and a half years more so I've been playing it through that. So I voted for the "offer" because it's not the full price.

Game Pass on PC continues to be an awful shitty service so I would never pay full price for it. Microsoft needs to end their stupid folder lockdown scheme - no other PC game launcher has such a thing. I'd rather start buying games on the Epic Store than deal with this shit, I only have it because it was cheap.

PWRade

Oct 25, 2017
I used the $1 deal to try it out on PC. I'm liking the game so far and will probably pick it up on switch or PS4/Steam later on for a second playthrough.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Bought it on the windows store, because my brother and I can share the game on two different PCs.

Headaches getting it installed at first, but otherwise working well.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
This can't be right. Only 12% of people actually bought the game? Even for a Era this's extremely low.

SonovaBeach

Dec 14, 2017
I was not going to buy it (at least not at full price, I love Obsidian but I'm not a huge fan of Fallout), but I saw it on Game Pass for PC so I went for it. To be honest I don't understand how game companies can earn money with this business model, so I feel a bit ashamed of being subscribed to it... but I would probably not buy any games included in the game pass, so I guess it's more than nothing ?

Anyway the game is pretty good so far. A little bit too close to Fallout 3 and NV in its presentation and game design, but the characters are nice and the setting of the first town is very interesting (anthough a bit unsubtle with its satire I would say).

I'm hoping it gets full political at some point, we'll see.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I used the $1 pc game pass thing as a demo. Will probably pick it up on special down the line.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Watching my gf play it via Game Pass. I'm subbed until mid-2021. She says she would've paid for it though.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Game Pass (normal price) - on PC.

I already used two $1 trials back in late 2017 and early last year on Xbox. It won't let me use them again lol, contrary to this popular belief that everyone is playing Game Pass for free!
Remember the poll is a Spacer's Choice.
Every time I see the words "Spacer's Choice" I can just see that haunting moon face rocking from side to side in my head.