• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you sit in the front or back passenger seat of an Uber/Lyft?

• Front seat

• Back seat

• Depends on my mood

• I didn't know this was a thing

• I don't use ride-sharing services

Results are only viewable after voting.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
I just realized that sitting in the front passenger seat of an Uber/Lyft ride is something that people intentionally do, and now I'm curious as to just how many people here actually do it.

Apparently, as per ride-sharing etiquette, if you're feeling a bit chatty, you sit in the front. If you're feeling a bit chill, you sit in the back. The driver will adapt his/her/their hospitality according to what you decide to do.

So, how do you all choose to ride?

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
As a driver I prefer riders in the back and only ride in the front if you need the space and/or are willing to talk.

As a rider I liked sitting in the back as well.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
treat it like a taxi
i also like to take all the free waters in the back/snacks and whatnot. yoink.
yes I am cheap as fuck

OP
OP

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
As a driver I prefer riders in the back and only ride in the front if you need the space and/or are willing to talk.

As a rider I liked sitting in the back as well.

In your experience, how do most people choose to ride? Also, any bad experiences you care to share with passengers sitting in either the front or back seat?

Twentieth

Oct 26, 2017
Once an Uber driver got very confused as to why I had seated in the back. Guess it really changes from person to person, but I see Uber as a taxi so I seat in the back, not as a friend's ride in which I'd seat in the front.

Dosia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have always sat in the front, but I always ask if it's cool before I get in.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Kickin' in the front seat, sitting in the back seat. Gotta make my mind up: which seat can I take?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Back by default. More room for me + if I'm carrying things. Plus I'm not particularly chatty and a handful of drivers have their little displays oriented toward the back (things like Please rate me, car chargers, waters, etc).

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Backseat, and damnit don't talk to me! If I'm desperate enough to need an Uber the last thing I want is to have a conversation.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Back and I only talk if the driver talks to me first, if not I sit on my phone.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's uncomfortable (for the driver) to be sitting right next to a stranger up front so I usually choose to sit in the back.

Only sit in the front if I have a group.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
oooh really? I sit in the front because it seems more polite... but i'd rather be in the back just playing on my phone to be honest..
I mean, do what you want, it's not like a huge deal but the OP asked what is preferred and that's my response.
Also, don't worry too much about it, a quiet ride is better sometimes anyways lol
In your experience, how do most people choose to ride? Also, any bad experiences you care to share with passengers sitting in either the front or back seat?
Most people end up sitting in the back tbh unless it's 3+

Nah, nothing bad exclusively about that, like I said not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things haha

Backseat, and damnit don't talk to me! If I'm desperate enough to need an Uber the last thing I want is to have a conversation.
That's totally fair. Just make it clear through your responses that you don't wanna talk because I'm gonna assume unless otherwise noted because most riders wanna talk and will rate lower if I don't. :)

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got in an Uber once and sat in the back. It felt weird. Don't think I'll ever take an Uber again.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Kicking it in the front seat
Sitting in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Kickin' in the front seat, sitting in the back seat. Gotta make my mind up: which seat can I take?

Kicking it in the front seat
Sitting in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

tXysky4.gif

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Used to sit in front, realized its much nicer as they dont talk as much when you sit in the back and is more comfy

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
I am a driver and I talk to the rider as much whether they are in the front or back. I prefer they are in the front but if they want back, I don't really care.

I make a substantial amount of my gross from tips, so I adapt to styles, but 95% of the time I can get them talking, and if I can get them that far, I can get them laughing, too. The tips pour in at that point :P

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Front usually, I like to chat with the driver. Ask about their day, where they're from, etc.

99Luffy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find that front seat is the norm for any cab/uber ride in canada. You arent in a limo.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Back, unless I'm with a group and someone has to be in the front and engage with the driver a lot more. I'm happy to take that role for the team. No one ever wants it though. Why would you sit there if the back is free? =P

wizard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
California
Back but in Sacramento there are strippers who will test their head game on you for a good tip, for that you need to sit up front.