• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

On which current-gen gaming platform do you play the most these days?

• PlayStation 4 / PlayStation 4 Pro

• Xbox One / Xbox One X

• Nintendo Switch

• Gaming PC

Results are only viewable after voting.

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany
On which of the current-gen systems do you play most these days, let's say: In the current year?

Also, did your focus shift from one platform to another this generation? What were the reasons - exclusives, library size, hardware features like portability?

Do you stick to one platform because a single game totally consumed you?

Is one of your platforms collecting dust, and what do you think the reasons are (e.g. no interesting game releases for your taste)?

Guru_Godzilla

Jul 10, 2018
Easily my switch. There's just been a steady flow of games for it and I've barely played my PS4 since Sekiro (at least for new games that is.)

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
PC for almost everything, only the other platforms for their exclusives. Can't tell you the last time I turned on my xb1. Just occurred to me maybe I can give it away to my brother or my sister...

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would have been mobile until some weeks ago.
Barely play anymore but if I do it is on my handheld gaming PC and sometimes PS4 with friends.

Linkyn

Oct 27, 2017
It goes back and forth for me. On average, I play the most on PC, interspersed with periods of intense Switch play whenever a new exclusive comes out or the mood strikes me to replay something.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
PC > PS4 Pro > Vita > 3DS > Switch

Highest hour count to the least.

Have always been a PC player since childhood, only got into consoles this gen. If not for 3H my switch would be gathering dust and it looks like it'll be inactive again till SMTV, maybe.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 Pro, just because of some really lengthy games like DQ XI, RDR2 and Assassin Creeds and many other open world games. Some unessential games go cheap rather fast too in preowned stores.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
PC for FFXIV and Xbox One X for everything else.

I have a Switch and a PS4 for their respective exclusives but they don't get a lot of use. I'm playing fewer and fewer games in general lately.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
PC here. The flexibility and power of the platform appeals more to me.

I bounce back and forth between it and PS4 but only when an exclusive I'm interested in for the PS4 comes out. Otherwise it collects dust.

OP
OP
akasha

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany
Switch for me as every house I'm regularly visiting has a dock now, including my office (we have set up a multiplayer meeting after realising that everybody has a Switch).

I like RPGs, and due to the portability it's the only system where I have consistently finished them. Also a long train journey will be over in no time with something like Skyrim in your hands.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
PS4. Xbox One X is mostly for exclusives. Switch has become a kind of indie machine for me, though this will change again when Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Link's Awakening release. Don't have a gaming pc

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm Switch only but own all consoles, it's just that I can't go back to being shackled by a TV now when I can have the same experience handheld.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
For most of this years it's been PS4 Pro > PC > Switch, so far this month it's been PC > Switch, haven't turned my PS4 on in a few weeks.

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
Currently it's my Switch and I don't see that changing this year.

Gris > Grandia 1 > Astral Chain > Zelda > Dragon Quest XI > Luigi > Grandia 2

When there's time left I'll fill that with the Mana Collection. What an amazing half year this is going to be. I'll turn on my PS4 when FFVII and Cyberpunk release. Those will be glorious as well.

Pitisaurio

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Xbox One X. It's just the best place for multiplatforms and GamePass gives me a game for every moment.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
I've played 29 games this year, 27 of which have been on PC. The other two were Demon's Souls on PS3 and Bloodborne on PS4.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
PC, followed by Switch (only because of Fire Emblem and Smash recently). PS4 I haven't really played since Soul Calibur 6 and Mortal Kombat.

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
PS4 it has all type of games from family to Japanese to sports to RPGs and everything else. The perfect console for single platform owners

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Switch is the only system I play on. 120 hours in the past few weeks with Fire Emblem, then Astral Chain in two weeks, then DQXI next month. Going to get a lot more use before the end of the year.

I do play on PC very rarely, but only for The Sims (1 or 2), Civ V or XCOM. Haven't played any since like February though.

Feb 9, 2018
In terms of actual time, the Xbox One, mainly because of Halo. Since the One X came out, it's been my default for third-party games as well. Overall, I have about as many games for my XBO as I do for my PS4.

Jun 14, 2018
PlayStation 4, although my Nintendo Switch gets played a fair bit too (probably be on nothing but my Switch once Pokémon drops in November). Considering my Xbox One backlog isn't exactly huge (it's only about 10 games), I'd like to get around to finishing those at some point just to check them off my list.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
PC for pretty much everything

Xbox and PS4 are mainly bluray players now and I play my GBA SP more than my Switch currently

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
PC

The consoles are too old now I think, the performance is lacking. I might jump in on some console gaming next gen if I haven't upgraded my PC (still on a 1080ti), but now that pretty much all multiplats come to PC as well consoles are all about exclusives, which essentially means I play 1 or 2 games per year on them. = not as much as on PC.

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
PC/PS4 are my mains. Switch when good exclusives come out.

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
Across the generation PC > PS4 > XBO > Switch

Last six months PS4 and Xbox have flipped due to buying an X. Breathed new life into a lot of last gen games. Switch sits dormant unless I go away on business / holiday.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Pc is my main platform, I use switch and ps for exclusives. I shifted my colection from ps to pc since with steam i can play every game in every pc, being console locked was too much of a wall if i wanted to embrace mainly digital.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
PS4 provides all my gaming needs these days.....luckily,lol.....that works out expensive enough as is.Too many good games around these days and I don't even play all the popolar GAAS stuff.

DRPSquirtle64

May 30, 2019
Xbox One, followed by Switch. I also have PC and PS4 but rarely use both as I don't really have that much time for gaming nowadays

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 mainly, with Vita as the second.

The reason is that I started renting games from Gamefly last year and that's left me with access to a lot of games that I want to play. This has made the PS4 the most convenient place to play games. I'm still using my Vita a lot though, as the portability is really handy and there are a lot of Vita games I'd like to get through still.

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Used to be PS4 with all the exlusives then became Switch for a good while (Zelda, Mario etc)

.. now with game pass and especially Sea of Thieves it is easily Xbox One