Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
Gran Turismo 7. The return to a proper campaign is exciting.

BotW is one of my favorite games of the generation (whichever generation it is from) but BotW 2 will have high expectations and will probably be less surprising.

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
Tbh, haven't really kept up with upcoming releases.

I guess the full release of Baldur's Gate 3, assuming it is quality like DOS2.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
SMTV. I've never played one but after loving P5 I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Ghostwire Tokyo looked pretty legit from the trailers. Combat looks over the top and it's horror based, I'm all about that.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
wtf happened to this game. i remember getting hyped for it like 3 years ago then it just disappeared

Nothing.

I believe the lack of experience of Cygames making triple A games made the development much slower than the general norm. But they continued to show progress, at least once a year (during the Granblue Fantasy Fes). They already confirmed Relink is going to be in the Granblue Fantasy Fes 2020, from December 11 to 13, and I'm pretty sure they're going to confirm platforms and announce release date.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
You know..
While it is super stacked, I don't have a lot of interests in pretty much all of these.
Resident Evil Village maybe but it eventually then, I'm not really a fan of what I've seen thus far.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
BOTW2 if that comes out. Ragnarok after that... if that comes out. if those don't come true, Final Fantasy XVI... Should I say SMTV because that's confirmed next year?

IOTS

Dec 13, 2019
GOW Ragnarok followed by Horizon Forbidden West, Returnal, Kena Bridge of Spirits and Final Fantasy XVI.
Returnal could be the sleeperhit of 2021 and Im excited to see how a AAA rogue like game will play out.
Im not quite sold on Resident Evil Village so far because I think Resident Evil 7 was a good game but not great RE title.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Monster Hunter Rise and the TWEWY sequel, easily. I'm cautiously optimistic about FFXVI, but not entirely excited for it yet.

Oh, and Tales of Arise if that resurfaces next year.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Wow I forgot Skull & Bones was a thing. That game was originally supposed to launch 2 years ago!

Anyway, Halo: Infinite for me. Hope it runs well on my Xbox One X

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
So many of those that picking one seems pointless. The only clear winner for me would be a Starfield. Otherwise, it's a bunch of amazing looking games that I want equally for different reasons.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
In no particular order, Silksong, BOTW2, Elden Ring, and Lego Star Wars.

Monster Hunter Rise is up there too if it does hit PC and if it has crossplay.

There's also whatever the 3D Mario team has been working on since Odyssey,. They usually churn games out pretty fast so we should see what they're doing soon. Obviously we don't know what it is, so I can't really put it on the list, but the 3D Mario series is easily one of the top series in the industry so I'm excited to see what they could be doing and I'm sure it will be one of my top games of the year, if it lands this year.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart is my most anticipated.

Sadly, Horizon being cross gen hurt my interest, not a lot, just enough to lower it behind Ratchet. GoW R, I need more than a title.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Right now it's Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. Games that haven't really shown any real gameplay don't tend to rank high on anticipation for me. I'll still anticipate them but I'm typically most looking forward to the games that are either closest to release or have done a good job demonstrating gameplay.

A lot of the other games I'm looking forward to don't feel like real games that will exist yet and Ratchet hopefully won't be far away, throw in a general love for the series and you have my most anticipated game right now.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Horizon: Forbidden West.

Remember when Guerilla went from Killzone to Killzone 2 and had a chance to dig down into the lore and build on their first stab? It was marvellous. I'm sure they took the criticisms of the first game to heart and will knock it out the park.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I'm weirdly hyped for the Mass Effect collection. I don't know but the formal announcement that it is a thing got me mad excited haha. Can't wait to revisit the games!

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon: Forbidden West. I'm still not entirely convinced of that Ragnarok will make it out next year.

Dec 21, 2017
I can't decide between Nier Replicant, Neo: TWEWY, or if it comes out, Project GG. 2021 is looking a lot like 2017 again gamingwise!

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
I voted for God of War, but I'm also looking forward to see how Guerrilla has improved the Horizon series in its second installment.
We'll see if it's a new case of "Uncharted 2" or "Killzone 2"

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
He will return.

2c72ed14913a88eb92fcda30b635a30bab6911b7.gifv

EDIT: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2

Last edited:

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Out of the handful of games actually announced for 2021 - God of War Ragnarok seems like the obvious choice for me.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Next year is going to be amazing
NEO TWEWY shot up today and is claiming my most anticipated throne.

Mar 10, 2018
I never really thought about this, but narrative-wise, how is a God of War sequel gonna work? Won't it thematically be much more shallow than the 2018 game?

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Absolutely BotW 2. BotW was the GOAT, and the sequel is probably gonna end up better tbh. How could I not choose it?

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
I know for sure I'm buying SMTV, Deathloop, Elden Ring, Silksong day one.

Deathloop is the only one I'm sure that makes the cut in 2021.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
Wow next year is gonna be great isn't it?

I have become recently someone who gets more excited for games the closer we get / the more we have seen. I think it's just training on my part to be more patient lol. So for me, Deathloop is my most anticipated and honestly my second might be Roller Champions. I played it at Gamescom and it's super fun.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm torn between GoW and Digimon Survive. I have no doubt that GoW will be fantastic (if it actually comes out in 2021), but a tactical Digimon game sounds SO good... if they can get it right.

Oh shit, I forgot about Ratchet... 2021 is going to be amazing.

SAINT_

Banned
Oct 4, 2020
I couldn't pick one so here's my top 3...

Ragnarok
Forbidden West
Hogwarts Legacy

Next year is gonna be amazing.