Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Minecraft Legends

Votes: 3 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Simple question. Just curious of everyone's choice and opinion on the matter. I included Bethesda and ABK games on the matter. Sorry if I missed some it's confusing to keep track of all studios

Feel free to discuss it.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Starfield was great and I spent like 50 hours in it in just the first few weeks. But I'm a Bethesda fan so I had a good idea what I was in for at launch and I'm optimistic how it will likely evolve over time.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Hi Fi Rush is pure distilled peak PS2/Xbox OG/Dreamcast Sega with a wild modern hook. Diablo 4 a distant second.

I booted up starfield and it ran like shit, the jank was palpable and there were so many load screens I felt like I was playing a game from a decade ago in the worst possible way. Hear it's a bit better now though.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I loved Hi-Fi Rush and thought it was an amazing, refreshing, fun game. But I had to vote for Starfield. I honestly had an amazing 100 hours with it.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Is there only a single game on this list from studios and IP they created? Forza?

The best game on that list is HiFi Rush, if any of the others have the same critical success theyll likely get the studio closed down

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
HFR by several orders of magnitude. One of the best games they've had in their lineup in years.

Starfield was so boring for me that I gave up 10 hours in after I spent an hour cleaning out a derelict starship and the game told me my piloting skill wasn't high enough to keep it, meaning I wasted my time entirely.

I don't consider Diablo 4 a "published by Xbox Studios" game, they don't get retroactive credit for buying Activision after it came out. But it was just okay.

Jul 2, 2021
there is only one right answer
giphy.gif

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Diablo 4, I played every season and I'm looking foward to S4.

Starfield, I enjoyed my initial playthrough, but I didn't bother with the new game+. Probably go back when major new content drops.

MW3, I had fun for a couple of months, but I dropped it and I'm waiting to see what the next COD has to offer.

Minecraft Legends, not good at all.

I haven't played the rest.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022
Starfield, Diablo and MW3 are my most played games of 2023. But I still view them as activision and Bethesada titles, not Xbox

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Despite it's problems I had a lot of fun with D4. I stopped playing before S01 hit which is obviously a problem for then since they want this as a GAAS, but I'll be there day 1 for the expansion.

I dropped Starfield before I hit 5 hours with it. It bored me immensely.

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
Starfield
Hi-Fi Rush
Pentiment

would be my top 3 in that order, but it's a fairly close order. Enjoyed D4 and MWIII, but Microsoft didn't publish those so I don't count them.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Diablo IV is cheating or it would have been that!

Starfield by like a million otherwise. I beat it 7 times and scanned every system and planet. I loved just going off to a system, landing somewhere and exploring, collecting, and shooting the shit out of the wildlife.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed Diablo 4 until they put out that patch that nerfed virtually everything in the game pre-season 1. Went from playing it every day to complete indifference. Played maybe 3-4 hours since then.

So yeah, Hi-Fi Rush wins.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hi-Fi Rush is the first exclusive that made me genuinely glad I owned an Xbox

God, I can't wait to get a sequel

😢

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
I enjoyed Starfield the most, warts and all. It captured a lot of feelings I've wanted in a game for a long time. It had its rough spots and some poor design decisions, but I will always look back on my time with it fondly and it's a good addition to the BGS library in my book.

Hi-Fi Rush was of course excellent as well. A near-perfect game that just keeps building and building mechanics in a tight package with some fun characters and writing.

Age of Empires 2 DE also deserves a shoutout. It's a Top 10 all time game for me, and the port to Xbox was better than I could have ever imagined. I still need to get to the AOE4 port, I've enjoyed AOE2 so much I'm yet to get there.

Honestly, I thought it was a great year for Xbox games just off those three - and I'm yet to get to AOE4. Minecraft stuff I just ignore and Redfall was a disgrace. I never really play racing games out of Forza Horizon, so I can't really say how good or bad Motorsport was. Haven't tried Diablo 4 but that got really good reviews.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Hi-Fi Rush gave me the most pure joy. Starfield I had more gripes with, but ultimately still happily sunk like 200 hours into.

The rest I didn't really care about. I enjoyed Diablo until I realized the seasonal content required you to make a new character every time, and basically stopped immediately.

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
Hifi Rush was the first Microsoft published game I've played and beaten since the two Ori games when I played them in 2020.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
played way too much Starfield. Motorsport was pretty good too. And Hi-Fi Rush was interesting

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only one I played is Starfield and I think I hated just about everything in it. I dropped it after about 4 hours of trying to get it to not run and look like shit thanks to poorly implemented features and maybe a couple hours of suffering through the story. Worst thing Bethesda have pulled off imo and a colossal waste of a great idea.

xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020
Forza because It was also the year I bought my steering wheel

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Hifi Rush great game.
Diablo 4 was not made or published by Xbox - though it's my second favourite game on that list.
Didnt like the rest on that list putting it lightly.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Hi-Fi Rush by a wide margin. It was just that good. I was honestly shocked. The only other games I played on that list were Starfield and Diablo 4. Both were pretty forgettable experiences.

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
Studio should've never closed but let's be real, many people who picked that option didn't play that game. Even accounting for it being an enthusiast forum, and even if only ~25% of players of some of those other titles enjoyed them, it's still pretty obvious. We can see how much people played it on Xbox and PC.

I'll sing its praises until I no longer touch a video game, but this is gonna be one of those Velvet Underground first concert situations.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
hi-fi rush is amazing for one particular reason:

creating a game that's genuinely funny is truly fucking difficult​

you need not only a great script and fantastic storyboarding, but the whole team needs to work in tandem to out-and-out make the comedy 'land' in motion with the game

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Studio should've never closed but let's be real, many people who picked that option didn't play that game
I wouldn't be so sure of that tbh. Hifi was highly voted in GOTY polls at 8th place more than AC6, or SF6 or Starfield, . There lot of people here who genuinely love the game.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
It feels weird including games MS had effectively zero contribution in creating, like Diablo, on this list.

Hi-Fi Rush was excellent, the last game I played on my GPU and the only MS produced game I've enjoyed in the last few years. Diablo 4 was also excellent and I played it way more than everything else on the list.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
The one I put the most hours into was Age of Empires 2 DE on Xbox (released Jan 31st). Still one of the best RTS games of all time.

After that it was Starfield followed by Hi-Fi Rush.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
That's not even a question. Hi-Fi Rush by a mile. Diablo was "meh", Starfield and Redfall were stinkers, and I've never liked the other series.

Really disappointing year, especially after several disappointing years.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Studio should've never closed but let's be real, many people who picked that option didn't play that game. Even accounting for it being an enthusiast forum, and even if only ~25% of players of some of those other titles enjoyed them, it's still pretty obvious. We can see how much people played it on Xbox and PC.

I'll sing its praises until I no longer touch a video game, but this is gonna be one of those Velvet Underground first concert situations.
You gonna check everybody's achievements?