Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well...that looks amazing. Wish I wasn't on a diet...and that the Popeyes near me gave any sort of care when it came to food preparation.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Mine too. One time I ordered blackened chicken to try it out and the cashier had no fucking clue what I was talking about.
"Do you mean spicy chicken?"
"No the blackened chicken." I point at the screen. She looks at the screen.
"Oh you mean spicy chicken. Anything else?"

i mean, who guys to Popeye's for blackened chicken.... they probably had to thaw that shit out for you.

To answer your question: Chic fil a is good. Try their lemonade as well, it's probably the best lemonade from fast food restaurants imo.

Shake Shack has better chicken sandwiches and lemonade.

Plus they're not hate-mongers.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just had one for lunch. Shit's gooooooood. And i don't feel bad about eating here because as far as I know, they don't donate to Trump and don't hate the gays! Yay! Win/win!

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i mean, who guys to Popeye's for blackened chicken.... they probably had to thaw that shit out for you.

Shake Shack has better chicken sandwiches and lemonade.

Plus they're not hate-mongers.
I wasn't comparing chickens my man, I was answering a question if it's good or not but I do agree with you that Shake Shacks has better chicken sandwiches. I have yet to try their lemonade. Next time I go I'll check it out.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
I had one for lunch yesterday (spicy) and it was amazing, actually very large. It taste like popeyes chicken so delicious, and those fries!

mittelos

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads-up OP, I will be trying this after work today. Really hope since this is just a sandwich I don't get the "we're out of chicken" response that I get way too often at my Popeyes.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Key ingredient to chik-fil-a chicken (not hating before I get those responses lol but I'm sure many people aren't fans of it) is MSG.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Yep. I will try this on a cheat day.

supergirl.jpeg

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Had one.

It was good. Damn good. Popeyes is my fave chicken joint and this had a great combination of spicy chicken with the spicy sauce kick, mixed with the mayo and pickles to cool it down. The bun also has a great texture.

Unfortunaitely Popeyes' fries aren't that great, but still, this was a damn good sandwich.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I've always told myself I'd try a Popeyes sandwich someday, I can never bring myself to not order the spicy chicken legs and thighs. Love them so much.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I hate thread party poopers bit damn the Popeye's following here just irks me. I've never seen anyone talk highly about it outside Era. I WISH it was as good as everyone here made it sound. Even Wendy's is better in my experience.

Yes, no one outside of Era likes Popeyes lmfaaaaaaoooooooooo
It is surely " trash", FYM these posts

mittelos

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried the spicy version. I consider myself a fast-food expert full-stop, so my opinion matters a lot. First, the presentation. If I took a picture of the sandwich I got, it could pass for the picture in the marketing material. Big ass sandwich, and not because of a ton of condiments or big-ass doughy bun. No, this was all Popeyes fried chicken. So oh ok, it looks the part, how's this thing actually taste? I tell you how it tastes, like goddamn Popeye's spicy fried chicken, except on a bun. And then the topper of it all, they have at some point added Dr Pepper to the menu- my location at least has always only had Pepsi. So yeah, definitely in my go-to rotation. Glorious.

I hate thread party poopers bit damn the Popeye's following here just irks me. I've never seen anyone talk highly about it outside Era. I WISH it was as good as everyone here made it sound. Even Wendy's is better in my experience.

I mean a lot is location. Like I said, I'm a fast-food expert, so I'm comfortable saying that across all chains, what you get from location to location can vary like crazy. That said, in no fucking universe is Wendy's goddamn chicken in the same ballpark as Popeye's. Like come the fuck on.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Yes, no one outside of Era likes Popeyes lmfaaaaaaoooooooooo
It is surely " trash", FYM these posts
There are a lot of "trash" chains still in business, so not much of an argument.

Just tried the spicy version. I consider myself a fast-food expert full-stop, so my opinion matters a lot. First, the presentation. If I took a picture of the sandwich I got, it could pass for the picture in the marketing material. Big ass sandwich, and not because of a ton of condiments or big-ass doughy bun. No, this was all Popeyes fried chicken. So oh ok, it looks the part, how's this thing actually taste? I tell you how it tastes, like goddamn Popeye's spicy fried chicken, except on a bun. And then the topper of it all, they have at some point added Dr Pepper to the menu- my location at least has always only had Pepsi. So yeah, definitely in my go-to rotation. Glorious.

I mean a lot is location. Like I said, I'm a fast-food expert, so I'm comfortable saying that across all chains, what you get from location to location can vary like crazy. That said, in no fucking universe is Wendy's goddamn chicken in the same ballpark as Popeye's. Like come the fuck on.

I think the last time I brought it up people were mostly posting from the east coast, and I'm in SoCal, so yeah, location is absolutely an issue.

I'll stand by my Wendy's comment. Popeye's has been THAT BAD in my experience.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
There are a lot of "trash" chains still in business, so not much of an argument.

I think the last time I brought it up people were mostly posting from the east coast, and I'm in SoCal, so yeah, location is absolutely an issue.

I'll stand by my Wendy's comment. Popeye's has been THAT BAD in my experience.

And that posters drive-by nothing post +your completely up their own ass anecdotes (because oh yes surely YOUR experience is the only one one) are " arguments"? Right then

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
The only thing good at Chick Fil A are the nuggets. Chick Fil A sandwiches are fucking trash, so this HAS to be better.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
It's the best chicken sandwich I've ever had. Ate it for my cheat meal on Sunday and holy shit it's good. Spicy version.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
And that posters drive-by nothing post +your completely up their own ass anecdotes (because oh yes surely YOUR experience is the only one one) are " arguments"? Right then
Sorry I find your overrated chicken place bad. Like I said, I WISH it was as good as you made it sound. It's so damn frustrating.

Last edited:

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I just had the spicy chicken sandwich at Popeye's. Ya hyped it up too much. While I prefer its size and bun over Chic fil A's, I prefer Chic fil A's taste. Basically Chic fil A needs to make a bigger chicken sandwich lol

Though I have had better chicken sandwiches from restaurants here in Miami.

Also, Top Golf has a good chicken sandwich as well.