BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Has to be a mistake or something but this is funny

9T2c7ni.jpg

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
Is there anything new or special about this version other than it being on the switch? $20 seems like pretty high Nintendo Tax for a game that has gone for a LOT less on other consoles by now.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if it supports gyro? That may make or break this purchase lol. Can't imagine playing this with the joycons

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Why is this so tempting, despite having it on Steam and being in the Q3 queue for Steam Deck orders?

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
Cool. I've played through both countless times, have it on at least 2 platforms, but that's an easy buy for $20 to have them handheld.

ezidro3

May 31, 2021
For anyone who's bought it already, does Portal 2 have cross-play with PC like the PS3 version did? Kinda tempted to pull the trigger on the Switch version even though it's $25 here and like $4 on Steam but cross-play would push me even more towards Switch

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Last edited:

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Is there anything new or special about this version other than it being on the switch? $20 seems like pretty high Nintendo Tax for a game that has gone for a LOT less on other consoles by now.
I expected it to be much higher in price.
In France Portal 1 is at 14,39€ on xbox.com and Portal 2 is at 20€. You can't play it on PS4 or PS5.
So it's quite the opposite of the Switch Tax.

I don't think there is anything new but local coop is here for 2, which is great.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
So 10 years ago? Cool, hopefully we see more.

From what I understand this port was mostly handled by the Nvidia team that ported games to the Shield. Since Valve only has 350ish employees I don't think you'll be seeing them port games to consoles on their own, they have higher priorities.

If other companies want to port stuff for Valve I don't see them having a problem with that. Like if Sony comes to Valve and wants to port Alyx to PSVR 2 for them I imagine Valve would work out a deal to let them do it.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Portal 1 installing now. Will post impressions after it's done (and also 2 whenever that finishes too)

Velgo

Dec 9, 2021
Oh man I would love to play this again on PS. Is this Switch exclusive? Happy to pick it up there as well but I played it back on PS3 years ago.