Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Hey all. Don't know if anyone has noticed, but there has been recent ongoing work happening with Resident Evil 3 via Steam. Interestingly enough two new depots have been found on Resident Evil 2 in the past month via Steam, and now even the demo for Resident Evil 3 has a new depot.

I've personally thought we will have 1 last RE Showcase for the year, and I think we might be getting upgrade patches for RE2/RE3 to current generation consoles.

Interesting to say the least

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I have platinum'd both recently so no real reason to go back to them yet, but I would replay RE2 one more time if it got proper raytracing with global illumination.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
A Raccoon City collection including both for PS5 would be nice.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
if depots meant anything DMC 5 on pc would have all the Special Edition additions by now since it also has some hidden ones last i heard

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
The recent leaks talk about RE3 Nemesis edition with RT. Dunno about RE2 but I don't think they will be free.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't rebuy a game for Ray tracing, I need new content or a 10 years gap between releases

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
SSR and RT lighting ala Village will go a long way.

The RPD could do well with some RT lighting and of course RT will fix those terrible SSR.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Free PS5 upgrades would be nice. 7, too, while they're at it.
I'd actually love if they made a more extensive VR rework for 7 to take advantage of the upcoming PSVR2 controllers. Stuff like interacting more with the enviroment, the weapons and new VR puzzles with your hands. Have Village get the same treatment and release it on PCVR too while you are at it and bundle em together.

A guy can dream...

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
My bet? Y'know how REVII got an update advertising RE8? And 2r got that file and achievement to tie in to RE3r?

The Raccoon City games are going to advertise the film. Or that Netflix show with Lance Reddick.

Just because that would be the most amusingly underwhelming thing possible (that I can still see as an actually possible thing).

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Damn been looking for a reason to restart RE2 and start RE3. My PS4 Hard Drive died right after finishing Leon's campaign in RE2 and I was put off the games because of that.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Capcom:

resident-evil-2-ada-wong.png

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I'd definitely revisit these games if they received some graphical upgrades on PC

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
It would be neat if they added a spliced option that allowed you to play both games at the same time in chronological event order.

UnsungVagrant

Dec 11, 2017
God I wish they added a Mercs mode for 3 with the UBCS crew + Jill. The lack of one was probably the biggest slap in the face for me as a huge fan of the original.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
Bruuuuuh if they do this I hope there's a PS5/XS upgrade as well. RE Village on those consoles looks incredible.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I can't imagine how good those games would look with RTX since they're already gorgeous.

OP
OP

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I would be all over it for upgrades. Would gladly do another 4 runs on RE2R for an upgrade

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Definitely wouldn't pay full price or anything, but I'd definitely be down for a free/cheap graphic update for RE2R.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
I can't imagine how good those games would look with RTX since they're already gorgeous.

That honestly makes and apparent graphics overhaul the least attractive option, to me.

yeah i think this leaked a week or two back.

People have noticed that the games (3r in particular) were being updated since the start of September. The rumor mill kinda went crazy, with some people deluding themselves into being sure that at TGS some massive update would launch.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
There's definitely some improvements to be had if RE2 gets even half decent ray tracing. RE3 though... honestly a graphical update is the last thing I want for that game but Im not crazy enough to think Capcom would give me what I want - no, not that Warzard port, but basically redoing the entire Raccoon City segment (make it bigger, make Nemesis more a threat), redo the Clock Tower area (actually make it a whole level), change NEST to the Dead Factory etc. and that's before I ask for the other cut areas to be put back in.

I'd rather see RE7 get some improvements on PS5 - fix the texture loading issue, improve the initial load time, fix the skybox issue many experience, improve the VR experience graphically (better res/graphics).

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I wish but its probably foolish to hope for that. :-(

Alas it is. My post was meant as a joke because there was never any chance of it happening. I must confess I still allowed myself a shred of hope with a post from Jill's voice actress combined with the steam updates, but it was quickly shown to me what it was about.

The way I see it Capcom already got what they wanted. REmake 3 was a smaller projected made by different people who made the best modern Resident Evil titles and it was never meant to be that good, although I believe they thought it wouldn't turn out that bad. It made them good money and will still make more in the future. It's a closed case. I would bet they never even entertained the idea of new/reworked content for the game.

I can still see some kind of next-gen upgrade for both Raccoon City titles though. Maybe better zombie physics for REmake 3? That's the best case scenario I can imagine.

OP
OP

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Alas it is. My post was meant as a joke because there was never any chance of it happening. I must confess I still allowed myself a shred of hope with a post from Jill's voice actress combined with the steam updates, but it was quickly shown to me what it was about.

The way I see it Capcom already got what they wanted. REmake 3 was a smaller projected made by different people who made the best modern Resident Evil titles and it was never meant to be that good, although I believe they thought it wouldn't turn out that bad. It made them good money and will still make more in the future. It's a closed case. I would bet they never even entertained the idea of new/reworked content for the game.

I can still see some kind of next-gen upgrade for both Raccoon City titles though. Maybe better zombie physics for REmake 3? That's the best case scenario I can imagine.
Funny enough. I ignored the Nemesis edition stuff as it's almost a remake of a remake. That being said, I started going down a bad track the other day thinking about how M-two was removed from RE4R and DEV1 was now heading the project, and pondering what could M-Two be put onto now?? Could it be??? I quickly slapped myself and moved on 😂

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017

That would be a nice realistic improvement tbh.