• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
It's definitely a boring cover but this has gotta be the worst one.

4771929-l.jpg
it really blew my mind how they got Alex freakin Ross to make that gorgeous GI cover and they settled for that

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Art is cool. Really intrigued to see where they take the story. Some of my favorite parts of Gears 2 were going into the old labs trying to discover more about the locust. Hope they nail it!

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How anyone thought this was fake with all the unseen art assets it contains is breath taking.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm so ready for Gears I feel like it's going to be in a lot of people's GOTY list and possibly the biggest contender for GOTY.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Y'all have plenty of time to go through the series multiple times up until September 10th.

Just saying...

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
...What, lol

Blows my mind they would use that for the cover. I was certain it was an amateur fake leak.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
D8T_0ofU0AEQGKn.jpg

Still weird to see Marcus with a beard like Gears 4 where the trailer for Gears 5 has him shaven.

Beautiful artwork. Gears 5 will probably be the only game with a chance to beat Crackdown 3 for the top spot on my GotY list, unless some fantastic indie game appears out of the blue. Day one and not on Game Pass!

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't huge developers actually spend money on a decent artist for the cover?
They always just seem to put on any old shite.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
They were close on nailing a cool aesthetic with the white frost stuff/red accents but just bungled it with all the not-that-great looking faces crammed there. Ah well, not a big deal ultimately and it sounds like there's going to be a lot to look forward to.