• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Tim Kitzrow, the voice behind NBA JAM, is working with Microsoft to celebrate the game in some way. Mark Turmell was the main force behind the games development. Maybe the last gen games could just get plopped into EA Access or get re-released with roster updates.
Electronic Arts (EA) Sports re-booted the franchise in 2010 and still has the rights, but Kitzrow is working with Microsoft to possibly get the game resurrected for the 25th anniversary.

"I can't speak anything to the specifics, but I can tell you there is movement in the works to get it done for the 25th year," Kitzrow said. "So I'm hoping that we get a remake that does justice to the original."

Turmell also hopes that a re-boot could happen this year. But he doesn't have a role in any plans at the moment.

"I helped on the reboot of the franchise (back in 2010)," said Turmell, who left EA for Zynga in 2011. "They did a pretty good job. But there's so much more that can be done. It's really sort of an untapped category, to have that over-the-top NBA action with the official license. It's a great brand."
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22072440/nba-jam-silver-anniversary-resurrect-franchise

Nov 1, 2017
Honestly none of the other remakes have really measured up to the nostalgic look and feel of the original games. I know it's probably not as possible to have a Tournament Edition HD due to likeness rights but that's really all that I'd want.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will want if they go back to the old visuals.

Outside of that, I don't think these games appeal to me anymore. Playing the new version of Jam made me realize this after a week.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
If there a list of all the Midway properties and where they went to? WB doesn't own all of them do they?

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A compilation of JAM, T.E. and Hangtime would be great.
I would even appreciate the SNES/Genesis version of T.E. as extras.. I liked them even next to the arcade releases.

Nov 1, 2017
I really feel like part of the NBA Jam appeal is celebrating the greatness of 1990s basketball. I know for some that might be beating a dead horse or too much nostalgia but I still love to revisit those times via the arcade classics.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to buy lots of loot boxes in hope of unlocking Bill Clinton.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the last one, On Fire Edition, was so good. Just get a new version of that with loot boxes and shit for PC

azertydu91

Oct 27, 2017
Wait., if he is talking with Microsoft to resurrect the franchise, does that mean it can be exclusive ?
In that case I'll get it on pc but it would've been better on ps4 to be able to play with my brother.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
They had the right idea with the boss battles. There needs to be a mode where absolutely everyone has superpowers. We need to go full Chaos Dunk.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give me that updated NBA Jam TE Game with modern graphics and I'll be there Day one for sure.

I love TE and felt the graphics of the new NBA Jam Game didn't quite tickle my nostalgia buds.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Why is Kitzrow the one trying to bring it back? And why is he doing it with Microsoft?

Yeah, that's the best one. You definitely aren't into the series anymore if you didnt like that one.
Kitzrow was always very talkative about how much he love the franchise, so there's that. With Microsoft probably because nobody else is interested and both EA and Microsoft are USA companies, too. Bottom line; Maybe only microsoft cared.

Anyway, NBA JAM: OFE its a really good game, but a hard one in order to unlock everything. I highly recommend it.

Deleted member 10428

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Day freaking one if it gets a Switch or PS4 release!

I'll even buy a port of the last gen/mobile version if that's all we get!

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed the Wii game that would get ported to PS3 and 360. Of course, loved the original as well!

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Hell yeah. My favorite sports series. I've been wanting a new one for a while, though I still play the others quite a bit. My personal favorite might be the N64 version of NBA Hangtime. But I really love the original NBA Jam, and On Fire Edition is fantastic (I own both PS3 and Xbox 360 versions).

Can't wait to see what's next for the series.

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
Oh fuck yes. I would be so down for a new game. The SNES had me fucked up, On fire Edition had me fucked up. I'm trying to get fucked up again!

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Please make this happen. I bought NBA Playgrounds and it really didnt do it for me. I loved NBA Jam, my all time favourite sports game series.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
This was my game for so many years. I hope this isn't some cheap cash in and is actually quality but I'm not holding my breath.