• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
On a vehicle? Launching UAVs? That'd be some tuning.

Commander seat was just glorified Q spammer (spotting) and laser painting vehicles. Laser painting got pretty useless pretty quickly as counters to being painted unlocked early.

I doubt / hope they don't allow tank spotters to launch UAV. That would be cancerous amounts of 3D spotting.

Oct 25, 2017
That is a Osprey, you can tell by the fuselage (wide base, that the Valor doesn't have). Also the engine exhausts are incorrect on the Valor; they are horizontal and not vertical like the Osprey. Seems like they took the Osprey and took some liberties with it.

G3qVea3.jpeg

message-editor%2F1527626492643-v-223.jpg

message-editor%2F1527628059872-jjajdn1313x.jpg
Leak said like Black Ops 2 and that's definitely seeming correct now
02f9ea12a5df2553ba8fde269896e193.jpg

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Limited ammo in BFV didn't achieve what you hope / remember it did. If tanks wanted to play sniper artillery they still could with ease because repair + ammo stations are everywhere on maps.

Ammo is limited only in name only, but in practice there would been zero difference if they just had given tanks infinite ammo.

Like I mentioned, limited ammo to actually mean something would require DICE to commit to such design and really shift games gameplay design in general. Not half assed shit that they did in V.
Please I still play BF5 to this day, only now I'm playing it on another platform so everything is still fresh in my memory! Lol

I still stand by my argument. The changes they made when it comes to land vehicles ammo changed the game for the better.

You can still tank snipe if you want and I feel like they shouldn't completely remove that strategy from the game because the only way to do that is considerably limiting tank range.

Still in BF5 it's not as effective as past games. You will have to disengage to get more ammo. There is a reason why it is not as common in BF1 and 5 as it was in BF4, 3 and BC2. Hell I still remember our GAF squad taking down MCOMs in BC2 at distance with tank sniping when our team didn't bother to help us arm. It always felt like cheating to us, but we did anything to win. Good times…

The amount of ammo you get on tanks in 5 is fine IMO. You cannot be as liberal with your shots or you will run out of ammo on your first fights but if you're mindful you won't have to resupply all the time and will be able to take down a few enemy vehicles. I think it's well balanced.

In BF5 killing a lone infantry player in a house or behind cover is a choice between spending one shell that could be used against an incoming tank while in 3 and 4 there is no thinking involved at all, you shoot at your hearts content.

Just the fact that you can run out of tank ammo in a fight and be completely helpless is a big change and it has happened to anyone that put a little bit of time playing with tanks.

Resupply stations near points of interest and flags are often destroyed so you will have to expose yourself to fix then and the ones that most of the time aren't destroyed are usually at a good enough distance that getting to then will take time and will be a commitment.

Again anyone who played a fair share with tanks in BF5 has faced situations where you had to decide to keep defending or attacking an objective with just your secondary against infantry or leaving the fight to resupply your main gun to be able to fight vehicles/armor and giving the enemy the chance to push.

As far as it comes to land vehicles I feel like saying that the ammo limitation did nothing at all to the game is just not true.

In the other hand as I said, I agree with you that by their very nature and the way they resupply ammo limitations did nothing for planes.

When it comes to infantry, attrition had enough impact in the game that the community was really vocal in their displeasure of the mechanic making DICE change the amount of ammo at spawn soon after launch.

Remember at launch the first thing everyone did at spawn was look out for ammo because you spawned with just 2 clips/magazines. That is not needed anymore even if it's a habit that is hard to quit.

I'm glad DICE walked back on that because it was no fun spawning on a teammate in a contested spot, killing 1 or 2 enemies just to get killed because you had to fall back to your secondary due to lack of ammo on your main.

Last edited:

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Supposedly the game will have secondary objectives that are not flags and will grant tactical advantages like more vehicles, artillery strikes, spotting drones, etc
It's really just that I already thought that it was a low number for 64 players, which make it less likely to be able to do things like back capping, so it both does not makes me confident we will see a higher player count and/or that it won't play well because they will try to funnel them in a very small number of places ( often made worst by the fact they love them choke points when it comes to map desgin ).

Then again wait and see, your explanation can be a good one, and again it's only one map ( and it's not like we have a map overview with the flags positions and all that ).

Oct 25, 2017
This makes me hopeful for gameplay at the reveal.

Not just a cg trailer.

But also wouldn't be surprised if they saved it for ea play in fucking July or whatever.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Please I still play BF5 to this day, only now I'm playing it on another platform so everything is still fresh in my memory! Lol

I still stand by my argument. The changes they made when it comes to land vehicles ammo changed the game for the better.

You can still tank snipe if you want and I feel like they shouldn't completely remove that strategy from the game because the only way to do that is considerably limiting tank range.

Still in BF5 it's not as effective as past games. You will have to disengage to get more ammo. There is a reason why it is not as common in BF1 and 5 as it was in BF4, 3 and BC2. Hell I still remember our GAF squad taking down MCOMs in BC2 at distance with tank sniping when our team didn't bother to help us arm. It always felt like cheating to us, but we did anything to win. Good times…

The amount of ammo you get on tanks in 5 is fine IMO. You cannot be as liberal with your shots or you will run out of ammo on your first fights but if you're mindful you won't have to resupply all the time and will be able to take down a few enemy vehicles. I think it's well balanced.

In BF5 killing a lone infantry player in a house or behind cover is a choice between spending one shell that could be used against an incoming tank while in 3 and 4 there is no thinking involved at all, you shoot at your hearts content.

Just the fact that you can run out of tank ammo in a fight and be completely helpless is a big change and it has happened to anyone that put a little bit of time playing with tanks.

Resupply stations near points of interest and flags are often destroyed so you will have to expose yourself to fix then and the ones that most of the time aren't destroyed are usually at a good enough distance that getting to then will take time and will be a commitment.

Again anyone who played a fair share with tanks in BF5 has faced situations where you had to decide to keep defending or attacking an objective with just your secondary against infantry or leaving the fight to resupply your main gun to be able to fight vehicles/armor and giving the enemy the chance to push.

As far as it comes to land vehicles I feel like saying that the ammo limitation did nothing at all to the game is just not true.

In the other hand as I said, I agree with you that by their very nature and the way they resupply ammo limitations did nothing for planes.

When it comes to infantry, attrition had enough impact in the game that the community was really vocal in their displeasure of the mechanic making DICE change the amount of ammo at spawn soon after launch.

Remember at launch the first thing everyone did at spawn was look out for ammo because you spawned with just 2 clips/magazines. That is not needed anymore even if it's a habit that is hard to quit.

I'm glad DICE walked back on that because it was no fun spawning on a teammate in a contested spot, killing 1 or 2 enemies just to get killed because you had to fall back to your secondary due to lack of ammo on your main.

Guess at the end we have to agree to disagree on how attrition affected or didn't affect tank battles. Granted it has been hot minute since I have played V so I don't know if they have messed with balance much after few initial weeks of Pacific.

In my experience just having... was it 40 shells of main ammo and 10-ish of special AP ammo (like I said, been minute so I could remember those wrong) for tanks per full rearming is very plentiful amount of ammo. A lot to farm out so you still could blast those individual dudes sneaking around with AT bundles and have plenty left for tank(s). I did shit ton of tanker play in BC 2, 3, 4 and decent amounts in V. A lot less in V because in general I didn't like balance between tank weight classes, light and medium tanks dominating tigers even in long range engagements was bit too eyerolly for me.

In my time with the game I just didn't feel that vehicle attrition had that big impact in tank play. When it had some impact was when your team failed pushes so you actually had to go backwards to rearm instead of just hopping forwards station to station. I still feel it fell quite a bit short on what system was intended to achieve.

In my opinion far larger impact on tank play came from changes they made to tank speed, acceleration and turret speeds. Position play became FAR more important than it had been previously because it could take ages to reverse out of bad angle or get your turret to turn. Another thing that put heavies like Tigers into awkward spot because light and mediums could do same job, have higher DPS and have better acceleration + turret speeds. Will be interesting to see how tanks handle in BF6 as these are modern tanks, they should pretty much fly and turrets spin like nothing.

DICE should also go all in on tank armor simulation. Have sections properly simmed while taking into count impact angles and ammo types. Now system is on weird no mans lands where you randomly score crits when shooting glances, but 90 degree angle hits can achieve nothing at times and at others deal full damage meanwhile tank is just one big HP pool.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Info dump on Henderson discord. Grain of salt

E3HnNmcXIAIRdRf

E3HnNyiXMAARCBH

E3HnN9gXEAc89JS

Apparently the source is 4chan and this guy jusrt reposted it.

/v/ - battlefield 6 / battlefield 2042 info dump - Video Games - 4chan

battlefield 6 / battlefield 2042 info dump - "/v/ - Video Games" is 4chan's imageboard dedicated to the discussion of PC and console video games.

That said, one of them is saying that the rumor is that there are no jets. I dont know where this is comming from but with such big maps and in near future.... not having jets will lead to a huge shitstorm.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
From those rumors, sounds like a lot of potentially gimmicky stuff. The special hero stuff and twisters in every map?

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
I welcome a focus on teamwork. Pretrty sure you could still play alone and get many kills but teamwork being a necessity in order to win would be really good. I imagine they also changed the heal and restock features. I hope we see something like in Medal of Honor Warfighter with its buddy-system. Being able to rearm on a squad mate without him actually having to drop a ammo crate would be amazing.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
"Squad and teamwork are a king!" has been slogan for BF for long time now, but you can lone wolf and play with randos without much of an drawbacks.

That said, one of them is saying that the rumor is that there are no jets. I dont know where this is comming from but with such big maps and in near future.... not having jets will lead to a huge shitstorm.

After horrendous Air 2 Ground balance of BFV it would be blessing if this BF doesn't feature anything capable of flying at jet velocities and drop bombs. Bombing runs ruined BFV in so many ways because how overpowered bombers were, seeing KDR's over 100 per round wasn't rare.

Would be cool too if jets had to pick between A2A and A2G packages, with A2G being heat locking precision missiles for striking vehicles.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Enjoy the emphasis on teamwork, it's one of Warzone's key ingredients and you can't beat the feeling of planning something with your friends and seeing it pay off.

Tornado stuff sounds dumb. Dislike gimmicks like that and not sure how it would improve the minute to minute gameplay.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
"Squad and teamwork are a king!" has been slogan for BF for long time now, but you can lone wolf and play with randos without much of an drawbacks.

After horrendous Air 2 Ground balance of BFV it would be blessing if this BF doesn't feature anything capable of flying at jet velocities and drop bombs. Bombing runs ruined BFV in so many ways because how overpowered bombers were, seeing KDR's over 100 per round wasn't rare.

Would be cool too if jets had to pick between A2A and A2G packages, with A2G being heat locking precision missiles for striking vehicles.

so we should get rid of a feature that was a big part in almost 20 years of Battlefield because one of the worst entries completley got it wrong?
I could say the same about tanks in BF4or choppers on Siege.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
No crossplay because of last gen? I was under the impression that there was going to be a next gen version and a more bespoke last gen version

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
so we should get rid of a feature that was a big part in almost 20 years of Battlefield because one of the worst entries completley got it wrong?

Bad Company 2 didn't feature jets, but I do give you that maps in that game are relatively small.

Also it's more my fear of DICE majorly messing up balancing again and not reacting to it despite community complaints. At one point AA was bit more powerful in V, but pilots went ballistic as they couldn't get those 100+ KDR matches anymore and it was reversed.

I would so never before has single vehicle class been this blatantly broken in BF. Even BC2 blackhawks come across as pure chumps next to V's bombers.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Bad Company 2 didn't feature jets, but I do give you that maps in that game are relatively small.

Also it's more my fear of DICE majorly messing up balancing again and not reacting to it despite community complaints. At one point AA was bit more powerful in V, but pilots went ballistic as they couldn't get those 100+ KDR matches anymore and it was reversed.

I would so never before has single vehicle class been this blatantly broken in BF. Even BC2 blackhawks come across as pure chumps next to V's bombers.
The AAs and plane balance is better for the ground in BFV as of now, some of the stationary ones can reach half way across the map. Also the Fliegerfaust is in a good spot compared to when it came out and the initial nerf. Even BF1 had it pretty good except for the fact that the AA Rocket Gun is locked to dlc.

No crossplay because of last gen? I was under the impression that there was going to be a next gen version and a more bespoke last gen version
No crossplay would be better since next gen could have exclusive gameplay features.

Last edited:

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Air / ground balance has never been Battlefield's strongpoint. Basically, if your pilots suck prepare for a lot of unavoidable instadeaths. I'd probably feel better about it if they treated planes like a scorestreak but that also goes for a lot of the vehicles in BF.

I could also see jets being replaced by the more maneuverable VTOLs, which would actually make sense. Most of the time you're not going to be flying close air support unless you're in a drone or an A-10.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017

Planes in BF games have almost always been overpowered. BF2, 3, 4, 5 the only counter to a good pilot is another good pilot. If your team doesnt have one, well you are SoL.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017

In my memory jets never have been a problem. They are usually bad against most ground forces. The problem comes from the enemy team having air superiority and their helis destroying everything.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Air / ground balance has never been Battlefield's strongpoint. Basically, if your pilots suck prepare for a lot of unavoidable instadeaths. I'd probably feel better about it if they treated planes like a scorestreak but that also goes for a lot of the vehicles in BF.

I could also see jets being replaced by the more maneuverable VTOLs, which would actually make sense. Most of the time you're not going to be flying close air support unless you're in a drone or an A-10.

The leaker also mentioned that vehicles will be "purchasable". Meaning you have to earn squadpoints to get a vehicle. He wasnt sure it thats for basic vehicles only.
This reminds me of the original Homefront and tbh I would like this approach.

Planes in BF games have almost always been overpowered. BF2, 3, 4, 5 the only counter to a good pilot is another good pilot. If your team doesnt have one, well you are SoL.

Jets in BF4 or Air Vehicles in general were way weaker than in BF3 because you wouldnt survive much more than a muinutre with so much AA in the game,.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Worded kinda poorly then. "Crossplay not at launch" implies that it would be added at some point, I hope it's just crossplay between PC/Series/PS5

For sure, i want this to be true!
At least no cross gen crossplay, there will most likely be console crossplay within the same gen and next gen can opt into playing with PC akin to Apex.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
The leaker also mentioned that vehicles will be "purchasable". Meaning you have to earn squadpoints to get a vehicle. He wasnt sure it thats for basic vehicles only.
This reminds me of the original Homefront and tbh I would like this approach.

Jets in BF4 or Air Vehicles in general were way weaker than in BF3 because you wouldnt survive much more than a muinutre with so much AA in the game,.
Yeah, Homefront had a lot of good ideas. It was from former Desert Combat mod devs who split after being absorbed into the EA biomass.

Jets in BF4 were mostly intended to be a counter to vehicles. The problem is that a lot of the AA was vehicle based. So you get situations like this:
youtu.be

A-10 Warthog is The King â–ş Jet Domination - Battlefield 4 Jet Tips & Live Comms

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬Our Battlefield 4 server ► https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/815ece8f-25fa-4ccf-b0b3-cc0813c5252b/GG...

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Double ugh to no jets and massive, massive maps. Can't wait for vehicle balance and therefore class balance to get even more goofy. Does no one remember the massive tank focused maps from BF3? Absolutely awful to play as infantry.

As someone who was historically atrocious with any sort of air vehicle which wasn't the attack heli gunner seat, no jets blows. Worse case scenario, you have little interaction with jets and infantry outside of clearing the skies for unfriendly helis; best case scenario is that combined arms we all love. There are *plenty* of creative ways to have A2G or G2A which DICE hasn't touched:
-Anti-microwave missiles to hone in on lockon weaponry at the cost of giving up some other, more general use loadout
-Longer range infantry lockons with which you need to get a sky color sample to use instead of it being automatic
-Very carefully balanced AA guns on jeeps to give air vehicles both more elements to be vary of, while making the vehicles themselves tactically useful besides transport

And on and on. I mean, maybe they've implemented this but only for choppers who knows. In the meantime though, excising a colossal part of modern combat is moronic.

Last edited:

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
If the teamwork emphasis is real then i really hope it works well cuz the bf community is awful at teamwork

OP
OP
SpottieO

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
The leaked internal video literally had jets in it lol. This plus the tornados on every map seems like bull.

Oct 25, 2017
If that vehicle purchase thing is just replacing vehicles on the map then im entirely out of this game.
Why the fuck does DICE like that shit so much, they already destroyed Battlefront with it.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i don't believe that 4chan thing at all, but the vehicle call in's just sound like an expanded version of what was already in BFV, so that part doesn't really seem outlandish to me.

But, like, we've seen jets in the leaked trailer, so pretty sure its BS regardless.

OP
OP
SpottieO

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
i don't believe that 4chan thing at all, but the vehicle call in's just sound like an expanded version of what was already in BFV, so that part doesn't really seem outlandish to me.

But, like, we've seen jets in the leaked trailer, so pretty sure its BS regardless.
Yeah you could already call down a reinforcement vehicle in addition to the other ones already there. Couldn't commanders in BF4 already drop atvs on the map? I think this rumor is entirely bull but I also think people are overreacting that that.

apstyl

Oct 25, 2017
So if every map has a weather gimmick, is the game's take on near future combat one that positions climate change as a central feature?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
So if every map has a weather gimmick, is the game's take on near future combat one that positions climate change as a central feature?

Rumor / leak is that in games setting climate change is out of control and planet is getting messed up.

In a sense it would make this 2142 prequel as 2142 takes place in post climate change world.

Oct 25, 2017
"Professionals"/hero units in battlefield sound awful. It was bad enough in bf1 when you would be headshotting someone only to find out they had picked up whatever the hell that stupid pick up was. Awfullllllll.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
All these teasers are pretty pointless since the setting is already leaked and well known :D