Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I want to come back to my building job just to eat this :

la-galette-libanaise-image-galette-droite.jpg

One of the most amazing sandwich i've ever eat.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Covid's really taught me that I don't "miss" food. It's nice when I have it and I love the act of eating, but when I haven't had a certain food in a long time I'm never thinking "man I wish I could have that again".

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, like most people here, small plate stuff where you get a bunch of food and share it with a group. Korean BBQ, tapas, izakaya, raw bar, all that kind of stuff.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
I've had most of what I generally enjoy/miss in the last couple of months, as I went HAM on ordering food. I'm now trying to reel back a little.

The tiger stripes taste so good when you shake em up
iu

iu

I've been to Tiger Sugar once, earlier this year right before lockdown. I first heard of them when I was in Seoul and one of their locations with a massive line-up. I didn't bother with it at the time.

But having had it now, it's pretty damn good. I should get this again soon.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
All you can eat Korean BBQ. All other dishes that I missed I have delivered, or I learn to cook them myself, but KBBQ is an experience that cannot be easily recreated. I seriously considered getting a pub table with a burner in the middle just to be able to have it. I dont like the idea of going into a restaurant, and even once I do, I dont think all you can eat places are going to be top of my list.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
I like butter chicken but usually it's a milder curry on restaurant menus. So I took Matty Matheson's recipe and threw in a few Scotch bonnets and chilis and it was exactly how I wanted, so that's one curry I won't be ordering out again:

mute

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
There are a few buffet-style places nearby that I miss but I still get a lot of my fixes via takeout at least. I'm probably too weak to give it all up completely.

I've been so tempted to just get some

crying.gif
Is this some specific fried chicken or should I feel bad for continuing to eat this all the time (via a drive thu)?

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Va19SC5.jpeg

Last time I had a real ramen, in Japan, 2018. So goddamn good!
I miss authentic Japanese food so much.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I desperately miss Ethiopian food. My city is the hub for it in the US. But the restaurant experience really didn't translate well to home when we tried to order it in pre-pandemic.

I miss the injera and lentils.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
My favourite place to eat does this amazing slow cooked beef brisket with triple cooked chips and spring slaw. The owner / chef was previously private chef for Jacques Villeneuve (F1) and then Simon Fuller (TV/Music producer bloke), so you know he knows what he's doing haha :) It is my favourite plate of food I've eaten anywhere in the world, and it it's only 30minute drive from my house. Sadly they closed at the start of lockdown and haven't opened since apart from for collections at the weekend. I'm so desperate to go back and eat that brisket asap.

wWx0o22.jpg

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
My favourite place to eat does this amazing slow cooked beef brisket with triple cooked chips and spring slaw. The owner / chef was previously private chef for Jacques Villeneuve (F1) and then Simon Fuller (TV/Music producer bloke), so you know he knows what he's doing haha :) It is my favourite plate of food I've eaten anywhere in the world, and it it's only 30minute drive from my house. Sadly they closed at the start of lockdown and haven't opened since apart from for collections at the weekend. I'm so desperate to go back and eat that brisket asap.

wWx0o22.jpg

That looks delicious.

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
I want so badly for someone to post that stupid $30 Italian food picture from the old site. It's like a compulsion with threads like these. I have it saved on my computer somewhere...

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much anything from a Halal cart and Ramen in general. Things I would give to go to my favorite spot and sit for an evening Ramen bowl. Sigh.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
A few things that I haven't had either due to being further out or are part of a dine-in experience have been ramen, Korean BBQ, and shabu-shabu.

DSCF1885.jpg

I've been able to get most of the food and drink that I want thanks to curbside pickup and delivery options of restaurants around me, though it's not so great for the places further out. Got a burger recently and the fries were soggy from moisture by the time I got home.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
We made Korean food last night. Some beef bulgogi. Korean is pretty doable at home.

For me it's just buffet's. In my city the best buffet's are the Indian Buffet's. I've ordered from a couple of them, but it's just not the same as having all these hot dishes ready for me to chow down on, and then them bringing around the fresh Tandoori Chicken and Naan Bread.

Also Fuddruckers. I know I can order it to pick up/be delivered, but I want to make my own burger dammit. (Also Canadian Fuddruckers are still safe from extinction apparently).

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
My neighborhood is incredibly diverse and open so...I get to eat anything I want. Over a week I've gotten a good hit on *deleted*

Will refrain from posting pictures of what I've had out of respect, cause reading this thread makes me feel mad privileged. Hope everyone been repressed gets to gorge away on a good meal soon.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
My neighborhood is incredibly diverse and open so...I get to eat anything I want. Over a week I've gotten a good hit on *deleted*

Will refrain from posting pictures of what I've had out of respect, cause reading this thread makes me feel mad privileged. Hope everyone been repressed gets to gorge away on a good meal soon.
No one is even posting photos which is all I wanted. Do your thing!!

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Picked up sushi last night. Was good stuff.

I just miss eating out with our friends without any worries.

Wife and I have been picking up whatever we crave.

Nov 8, 2017
Now that does look good. Not a frozen supermarket curry in the world that can replace the real thing!
The picture is Wetherspoons Curry Club, so I'm not sure it really qualifies as "the real thing". ;)

Honestly, I miss the supermarket curries too. I know how silly that sounds, but sometimes I just don't want to pay through the nose for a takeaway or spend time making my own. The problem is that I'm a British expat living in the Netherlands; the ready-meals in Dutch supermarkets are awful compared to the UK, and ready-meal curries are not even a thing here.

There's actually a lot of things I'm missing from the UK besides curry; e.g. kebabs in the Netherlands just aren't the same.

Last edited:

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
No one is even posting photos which is all I wanted. Do your thing!!

In which case in the last few weeks I've gotten good hits on EntraƱa, Parathas, Dumplings, pulled noodles, momos, Fuchka, Udon Carbonara, Malai kabab, Popeyes, Chicken Korma, ice cream cake...had some nice dry feeni yesterday...

Pictures are doubled up, imgur seems to be buggy.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Sushi. I don't make it, and most sushi places in my town don't have patios (and my wife currently refuses to eat in a restaurant indoors) so... yeah.

Oct 27, 2017
In my town alone: Cheesecake Factory, Dinosaur BBQ, Le Pain Quotidien, and a major supermarket have all closed.

A few places also closed early on in March - some for a few weeks then reopened, some for longer. IHOP re-opened only recently.

But the local non-chain take-outs and dine-ins have stayed in business. A few new ones even popped up. Worried about some of the dine-ins as the weather changes, especially the ones based on buffet or table-serving styles.

I, too, have not had the $30 Italian meal. I even made my own chicken parm meal just last night.