• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
5taquitos

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Saw Thrice at the Roseland in 2023 for Artist in the Ambulance 20th (which was amazing, despite my disdain for the venue), so maybe I'll continue the nostalgia trip and see this. Though I'd rather it be Finch headlining.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely one of mine. I have it at number 4 on a Discogs list but that's from over 10 years ago so I'd need to have another think.

Super glad I picked up all the original 12" pressings in the mid-2000s. Think I just need to get the 03/04 tour release then I have everything I want.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
So, ummm… FINCH is touring again!
With Bayside, Armor for Sleep, and WinonaFighter.
But Finch is the highlight for me.

View: https://x.com/armorforsleepnj/status/1750205212772438257

Dates!

APR 03 Pittsburgh - Roxian Theatre
APR 04 Sayreville - Starland Ballroom
APR 05 Baltimore - Rams Head Live
APR 06 Raleigh - The Ritz
APR 07 Nashville - Brooklyn Bowl
APR 09 Atlanta - The Masquerade
APR 10 Orlando - House of Blues
APR 12 Houston - House of Blues
APR 13 Austin - Stubb's
APR 14 Dallas - House of Blues
APR 16 Phoenix - The Van Buren
APR 17 Los Angeles - The Wiltern
APR 19 Anaheim - House of Blues
APR 20 San Diego - The Observatory North Park
APR 21 Berkeley - The UC Theatre
APR 23 Portland - Roseland Theater
APR 24 Seattle - Showbox SoDo
APR 26 Salt Lake City - The Union Event Center
APR 27 Denver - Fillmore Auditorium
APR 29 Chicago - House of Blues
APR 30 Cincinnati - Bogart's
MAY 01 Detroit - The Fillmore
MAY 03 Philadelphia - Franklin Music Hall +
MAY 04 New York - Terminal 5 +
MAY 05 Boston - Roadrunner +

+ WITHOUT WINONA FIGHTER

Dude, Say Hello to Sunshine is so fucking good, I remember just playing it repeatedly while I played Resi 4 and I really need to stick it on and finish the remake.

I also need to check out Circle Takes The Square, never heard of them and always up for recommendations!

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely one of mine. I have it at number 4 on a Discogs list but that's from over 10 years ago so I'd need to have another think.

Super glad I picked up all the original 12" pressings in the mid-2000s. Think I just need to get the 03/04 tour release then I have everything I want.

I have a CTTS tattoo on my right arm with art from Decompositions but I really want some from ATRU on my left

runlikehell

Oct 26, 2017
It's my fav album of all time
Same, so glad I managed to get one of the represses a couple of years ago. It even came with a personal note from Drew!

^ nice to see another Saetia lover here! I got the collection vinyl sometime ago! And I have a You & I tattoo on my arm. That mid-late 90s era was something else.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Same, so glad I managed to get one of the represses a couple of years ago. It even came with a personal note from Drew!

^ nice to see another Saetia lover here! I got the collection vinyl sometime ago! And I have a You & I tattoo on my arm. That mid-late 90s era was something else.

When I bought ATRU and Decompositions on vinyl (at separate times) both came with a piece of paper with a thank you from Kathy.

Also Saetia is great, don't have the vinyl but I have the CD. Big fan of Hot Cross too.

Pubburgers

Nov 29, 2021
Ok, I'm new to Post-rock and looking for probably some super specific recommendations. I got into the genre and very much enjoy Godspeed but am having trouble picking out exactly where to go next. I have found that I LOVE:
  • Golevka, by the Evaptoria Report (Especially the song "Naptalan")
  • Enjoy Eternal Bliss by Yndi Halda (the whole thing)
I don't care as much for the harder stuff. For example I like some of the stuff If Trees Could Talk do but that's a little heavier/more metal leaning than I prefer. I also particularly enjoy the songs with longer run times. Mixing in string instruments seems to be a good bonus for me as well.

Appreciate anything anyone can recommend to scratch that itch!

Quikies83

Oct 25, 2017
Mississippi
Ok, I'm new to Post-rock and looking for probably some super specific recommendations. I got into the genre and very much enjoy Godspeed but am having trouble picking out exactly where to go next. I have found that I LOVE:
I don't care as much for the harder stuff. For example I like some of the stuff If Trees Could Talk do but that's a little heavier/more metal leaning than I prefer. I also particularly enjoy the songs with longer run times. Mixing in string instruments seems to be a good bonus for me as well.

Sigur Ros
God is an Astronaut
This Will Destroy you (self titled)
Leech (The Stolen View)
Chelsea Wolfe has some good stuff out there but a bit more on the doomy/industrial side.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017

Balmorhea
El Ten Eleven
Fly Pan Am
Mono
Set Fire to Flames
Sumner McKane

There's some artists there who aren't particularly known for longer songs but I still think might be your jam. I could reel off loads more but this is a decent start.

InternHertz

Oct 25, 2017
Brussels, Belgium
Last edited:

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
New Godspeed songs are quite good

Loading…

• 4 new track #2 23:51

• 5 new track #3 19:12

giphy.gif

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing Bosses Hang live, right next to the stage, is still one of the most incredible experiences of my life, 7 years(!?) later.

A_Dang

Oct 27, 2017
Western New York
Asking here to start my search:
I am looking for some good YouTube content creators that talk about the history and influences in punk/post-rock/hardcore…all the stuff in this thread. Retrospectives and commentaries on important albums, highlighting lesser-known influential acts and how they shaped different music scenes and how they were influenced. Pretty much anything that gives a thoughtful and deep reflection on the musical history of these genres.

The one major qualifier is that I don't want anyone that will send me down the alt-right/libertarian pipeline on YouTube. Someone had suggested The Punk Rock MBA, who seemed fine enough on their own (from the 1.5 videos I watched), BUT when I started up one of their videos they gave a big shoutout to Colin's Last Stand…which is a huge red flag, and probably enough to keep from engaging anymore with their content.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
I'm curious what suggestions you get as i'd be interested in that sorta thing too. I get all my punk and hardcore history from a vinyl forum so it'd be nice to have something a bit easier to consume.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Asking here to start my search:
I am looking for some good YouTube content creators that talk about the history and influences in punk/post-rock/hardcore…all the stuff in this thread. Retrospectives and commentaries on important albums, highlighting lesser-known influential acts and how they shaped different music scenes and how they were influenced. Pretty much anything that gives a thoughtful and deep reflection on the musical history of these genres.

The one major qualifier is that I don't want anyone that will send me down the alt-right/libertarian pipeline on YouTube. Someone had suggested The Punk Rock MBA, who seemed fine enough on their own (from the 1.5 videos I watched), BUT when I started up one of their videos they gave a big shoutout to Colin's Last Stand…which is a huge red flag, and probably enough to keep from engaging anymore with their content.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

I think you'll like The Cozy Representative

EDIT: Yeah, Punk Rock MBA is a total shitheel.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I need some new hits. Gimme your recent choice cutsssssss

(And other internet web music jargon)

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
How about some post-black?

open.spotify.com

Endless Blue

Deadly Carnage · Album · 2023 · 8 songs.

(Deadly Carnage - Endless Blue)

Quite enjoying this too, thanks!

In other news I went back on Bandcamp and bought a load of stuff I should have bought ages ago. In particular this:

View: https://sumppumprecords.bandcamp.com/album/this-we-take-with-us

Mainly for track 1. I first heard it years and years ago, and remembered it recently. Something about this that is so good: the driving drums, then the textures around them. The album as a whole is half fairly standard post-rock I can leave, and half fairly standard post rock I adore.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Julie Christmas is teasing something on her Bandcamp page for this Wednesday. I am trying not to get my hopes up too much but a new album and/or Battle of Mice reformation please, thanks xxx

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017

a0735579376_65

TRACKLIST

Side A
Not Enough
Supernatural
The Ash
Thin Skin
End Of The World

Side B
Silver Dollars
Kids
Lighthouse
Blast
Seven Days

Biography

Through a mixture of her work fronting Made Out of Babies, her collaborations with Cult of Luna and her 2010 solo album The Bad Wife, Julie Christmas has become a visionary adored by alternative music's fan-base. And now, after 14 years, she's finally releasing her second record under her own name.

Ridiculous and Full of Blood is the most comprehensive declaration of this musician's talents yet, assisted by a staggering array of talent. Guitarist/vocalist Johannes Persson (Cult of Luna), drummer Chris Enriquez (Spotlights), bassist/producer Andrew Schneider (Kenmode/ Unsane), guitarist John LaMacchia (Candiria) and keyboardist Tom Tierney (On the Might of Princes) were all paramount in bringing these new, genre-smashing tunes to life.
"We're all friends, I love the guys in this band," Christmas says. "They make it look easy. I'm playing with people who are musicians through and through. They're really talented and smart, and they're just great people."

Those talents shine through in myriad ways across Ridiculous and Full of Blood's 10 songs, from noise rock to punk via shoegaze and alt-pop. Meanwhile, lyrically, Christmas and her collaborators have "brought out different parts of the character that I am". Even the album's title, Ridiculous and Full of Blood, was penned as a tongue-in-cheek description of how Christmas views herself.

"If you are throwing yourself into life it can and should get wild!," she explains. "One day we were at Damnation Festival in front of all these people, then 24 hours later I was back at work, teaching kids how to make solar panels. That's me: ridiculous and full of blood!"
Although Christmas took 14 years to make a full-length follow-up to The Bad Wife, there's no doubting that this successor is more than worth the wait. Its impossible-to-pigeonhole songs are destined to not only reinforce the love fans already have for this peerless creative; they'll certainly win over countless newcomers, as well.

Her first full-length in 14 years fuck yes. Releasing 14th June, 2 tracks streaming right now

View: https://youtu.be/baBBqdnaV_c?si=87bthxTb7eA04Nd7

I cannot stop listening to this

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017
I'd already listened to Not Enough a bunch of times on Spotify but somehow I completely forgot about it in the context of this announcement. Bought on Bandcamp, very excited for the album. These two songs are so good.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Coaltar of the Deepers x Boris vinyl arrived today to cap off a week where I bought Mono's new album and Julie Christmas' solo return. Insane week.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
It's sunny, so the window is open and Caspian's Wildblood is playing. This album has grown on me so much.

OP
OP
5taquitos

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Speaking of Caspian, is anyone in the Midwest (or anywhere else) going to Post. Festival 2024 this summer? The lineup is nuts

www.thepostfestival.com

Post. Festival 2024

An annual festival in Indianapolis, Indiana with a focus on showcasing post rock and adjacent bands from the US and abroad.

Caspian
This Will Destroy You
If These Trees Could Talk
The Ocean
And So I Watch You From Afar
sleepmakeswaves
Sparta
Leech
Wess Meets West
Unwed Sailor

And so many more.

There's no way I can swing it but that would be the show of a lifetime for me.