• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
It seems like a fan made fake, like the kinds that have historically popped up prior to a new GTA releasing since Vice City really. The art/props/set design and environment design all seem like someone trying to imitate Rockstar's style.

Oct 31, 2017
Well this is what games looks like before they get polished.
None of the more "finished" game assets in this look like actual Rockstar art. It looks like someone trying to make something that imitates what Rockstar's gone for since GTA IV.

Hell, even this whole "babysit the hostages" kind of thing has been around since then.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You can see the camera position debug info change in real time in the lower left corner. Lots of debug info, including things like framerate and such too. If this is a fake, it's INSANELY elaborate.

I think it's real.

Domino

Oct 25, 2017
Im going real, those assets look way too nice. Theres too many small details for it to be fake

Jun 12, 2018
Oct 31, 2017
Looking at more of the stuff, it does seem more legit than the initial clip in the OP. So eh, could be real, could be fake.

There's some things that make it feel believable, like text about "Vice City", this lining up with the rumor about a potential latina protagonist, and in-universe brands like E Cola and LifeInvader. I don't know though, despite all the seemingly debug stuff and how much more I've seen it still just doesn't quite feel right to me.

EDIT: One of the things that bugs me, and yeah I know this is supposedly WIP/debug mode footage, but it just reads a TON like GTA V. For this game to be so far removed time wise from V's original release (a decade now), this footage feels extremely like that game. I'd say this footage feels more similar to V than V did to IV, and those games were much closer in release gap. It feels more like V than it even does their last game of RDR II.

Last edited:

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
If this is fake this is the most elaborate fake I've ever seen. Blows Smash Bros Grinch leak out of the water.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
There is a surprisingly large volume of footage now, and more impressively a wide variety of content shown across. A whole bunch of active game systems and assigned animations and functions, for both the player avatar and their positioning/interaction with the game world, and how the game world is reacting around them. It's one thing to fake a leak, constructing bullshit footage. It's another to pour over microdetails and game function responses to such high degree to sell the fake.

If it's fake, it's an extraordinarily elaborate and impressive one. One that people should be able to pick up soon enough through observing telltale engine/rendering traits and animation recycling that imply engine/animations from elsewhere and not Grand Theft Auto 6 running on Rockstar's engine, tailored by Rockstar staff.

Team Real.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
None of the more "finished" game assets in this look like actual Rockstar art. It looks like someone trying to make something that imitates what Rockstar's gone for since GTA IV.

Hell, even this whole "babysit the hostages" kind of thing has been around since then.
If they are going that detailed into debug code replication, then props to whoever has the time for such sheer useless information in a fake.

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Development footage of Grand Theft Auto 6 has leaked (Source code potentially in hands of leaker)

Looks like an early development build. It's worth noting the tram has "Vice City" on it so seems unlikely for it to be a leak of another game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GfPx1yAxQ0 https://twitter.com/melzyfn/status/1571366681846464512...
Yes, we posted this at the same time as I posted on the 3rd post in that thread already
Mods will merge

Jun 12, 2018
There is a surprisingly large volume of footage now, and more impressively a wide variety of content shown across. A whole bunch of active game systems and assigned animations and functions, for both the player avatar and their positioning/interaction with the game world, and how the game world is reacting around them. It's one thing to fake a leak, constructing bullshit footage. It's another to pour over microdetails and game function responses to such high degree to sell the fake.

If it's fake, it's an extraordinarily elaborate and impressive one. One that people should be able to pick up soon enough through observing telltale engine/rendering traits and animation recycling that imply engine/animations from elsewhere and not Grand Theft Auto 6 running on Rockstar's engine, tailored by Rockstar staff.

Team Real.
If this is fake, we have a bunch of extremely talented freelancer programmers and voice actors doing this for shits and giggles and doing it better than the Nier event on reddit.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Team Real.

Yup. If this is a fake, it's probably the most impressive fake I've ever seen. Because that means they went out of their way to fake:
  • Position information
  • Camera information
  • FOV
  • Frame timing
  • Audio FPS
  • Tons and tons of debug information.
  • Memory usage.
  • Hardware used.
  • NPC scripts and reactions
  • Video framerate
And tons more debug info. Not to mention voice acting, art, models, etc.

eek

Oct 26, 2017
At first I was team fake but then I kept scrolling and that's a lot of stuff to fake 🤔

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
Looks real, but like it's running on PS4/XBONE hardware.
Oh God, there's going to be PS4/XBONE versions aren't there.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Worst part, if this is real and up to date game must be at least 3 years away

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
uhhh this seems kinda insane if it is real ,like the way the AI is reacting to the player with that amount of VO feels real close to how much detail rockstar puts into their games

TEAM REAL even more so if this gets taken down

Oct 27, 2017
It's real. Tons of stuff can be traced to GTA5 but a bit different.

GTA5 modding haven't come this far to change stuff so much and the references and stuff feel GTA AF

Oct 31, 2017
Watching more footage does make it feel more likely to be legitimate. As does the fact that there's just such a large volume of stuff too.

So yeah, I'm more inclined to say this could be real now.

If it is real though, even if it is obviously super WIP/whitebox level of assets and testing, it does come across as VERY GTA V. I was expecting the next GTA to feel more radically distinct from the last in "feel" and presentation tbh, even if this may all just be too many assumptions.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
uhhh this seems kinda insane if it is real ,like the way the AI is reacting to the player with that amount of VO feels real close to how much detail rockstar puts into their games

TEAM REAL even more so if this gets taken down

Team real. It's looking fantastic. In OP's video, as the main character walks by a table at 1:07 a woman shuffle over towards the wall. It's really natural. Idk who would/could fake that. This must be the first mission, and tracks with R*'s love of films (in this case Pulp Fiction).

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm usually extremely skeptical about shit like this but it's too high quality to be fake. Either the real deal or someone has way too much free time.

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
it's a waffle (house) party
giphy.gif

BK_317

Jun 3, 2022
OK SO THE GAMEPLAY IS ON WINDOWS 10 VERSION 1909, WHICH PLACES THE TIMELINE BETWEEN NOVEMBER 12, 2019 AND MAY 22, 2022.

CONFIRMED THIS IS LEGIT.

Hundreds of tweets and videos are already getting deleted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.