Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Putting updated article at the top, as some details in original post weren't accurate.
www.abc12.com

3 charged with murder of Family Dollar security guard over face mask dispute

Two men remain at large while a woman has been arrested and is awaiting arraignment in the Genesee County Jail.
Three people are charged with the murder of a Family Dollar security guard in Flint, who was enforcing the store's policy requiring face masks.

Two men remain at large while a woman has been arrested and is awaiting arraignment in the Genesee County Jail.

The male suspects are 44-year-old Larry Edward Teague and 23-year-old Ramonyea Bishop. Teague's wife and Bishop's mother, 45-year-old Sharmel Teague, has been arrested.

All three suspects are facing a charge of first-degree premeditated murder, which carries a mandatory sentence of life in prison with no chance of parole if they are convicted.
Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton said Sharmel Teague and her daughter went in the Family Dollar at 877 E. Fifth St. in Flint around 1:40 p.m. Friday. Teague was wearing a mask, but her daughter was not.

While inside, security guard Calvin Munerlyn confronted the daughter about not wearing a face mask.

Whitmer issued an order in April requiring everyone entering an enclosed space to wear a face mask or covering over their nose and mouth to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Family Dollar has adopted that as a store policy for customers.

Sharmel Teague and Munerlyn got into an argument about the policy. Leyton said Sharmel Teague spit at Munerlyn, who then ordered her to leave the store and told the cashier to refuse service to her.

Surveillance video showed Teague and her daughter leaving the store in a red GMC Envoy and enter the nearby River Village Apartments complex. Minutes later, cell phone records show Sharmel Teague made a phone call to Larry Teague, Leyton said.

About 20 minutes after Sharmel and her daughter left the store, Leyton said Larry Teague and Bishop drove the same GMC Envoy back to the store.

Leyton said surveillance video shows Larry Teague and Bishop enter the store and start an argument with Munerlyn. Witnesses reported hearing the suspects ask Munerlyn who had disrespected his wife.

During the altercation, Leyton said Bishop pulled out a handgun and shot 43-year-old Munerlyn in the head. He was rushed to Hurley Medical Center, where he died later Friday.

Original Post:

www.detroitnews.com

Police probe shooting of Flint security guard in confrontation over mask at Family Dollar

MSP investigating if fatal shooting sparked by Family Dollar customer who was asked to wear mask in store
Michigan State Police investigators are looking into reports that a Flint dollar store security guard was fatally shot Friday after an argument with a customer who refused to wear a mask in the store.

The 43-year-old guard was shot in the head at about 2:15 p.m. Friday at the Family Dollar store at 877 Fifth Ave. He later died in an area hospital. Police are not yet releasing the name of the guard.

Michigan State Police 1st Lt. David Kaiser said Sunday that detectives are investigating a flood of reports on social media from people who say the violence sparked when the guard told a customer he had to wear a mask, a policy set forth by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer to help curb the spread of the coronavirus.

"We're seeing a lot of these reports on social media, so we're investigating them," Kaiser said. "We'll talk to all the potential witnesses."
EDIT:
Local news clip here:
www.abc12.com

Video

News covering Flint, Saginaw, Bay City and Midland

Last edited:

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey dad come kill this man for me he told me I have to wear a mask

Okay sweetie

What fucking world is this?

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
But the United States hasn't earned its reputation for irresponsible gun ownership, I've been told.

This is about as disgusting as it gets. Guy was a security guard at a dollar store. Did his job, tried to protect people's health, probably not paid nearly enough considering he was putting his life on the line, only to get unceremoniously spit on and executed. Fuck this piece of shit country and the people that continue to exacerbate its problems.

DarkJ

Nov 11, 2017
Smack them with some sort of bio terrorism charge for spitting on someone during a pandemic and then pre-meditated murder. They lost multiple life times worth of society privileges.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being that unhinged that you'd murder someone in cold blood because of....well, not even sure what it's because.

Lock them up indeed.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
That is quite literally insane. It makes no sense. This person must have had major mental issues

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Hey dad come kill this man for me he told me I have to wear a mask

Okay sweetie

What fucking world is this?

I'm trying to parse their "reasoning" in my head and you've summed up what I couldn't. Just, what would compel not just one but 2 people to not only go "I don't like that he told me to do something" and go "Let's kill him" and THEN go all the way back to the store to do that!

Senseless loss of life.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm imagining this was some Trumper piece of shit who couldn't be fucking bothered to find a shirt to cover her face and would rather kill someone over it?

Throw her and her dad under the jail.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
^ holy shit that makes it so much worse.

That is so fucked up, jfc. They better get locked up for 30+ years.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Over a fucking mask at a dollar store.

Fuck these people. Make an example out of these dumb ass conservatives.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Good God, wtf, all just because they had to fight their dumb fucking culture war.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
whatt the fuuuuuuuuuuuck. that poor, poor security guard.oh my god, breaks my heart. ughhhhhhhhh

father of 8!

jesus christ, fuck that murderer

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck America, fuck gun owners.

A family man loses his life because of disgusting motherfuckers.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck is this.. the wild wild west?!? Shall we do an old fashion hanging of the killers while everyone watches then? What an irresponsible, terrible tragedy.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The abc12 newscast was heartbreaking listening to the family. Hearing the anchor end the segment with "thoughts and prayers" jolted me back to reality.

Any kind of everyday road rage or physical confrontation can instantly turn deadly when people have guns readily available. This person took a life and threw his own daughter's (or son's, depending on the source posted in the OP) life away because of a public slight. Tragic and infantile.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Smack them with some sort of bio terrorism charge for spitting on someone during a pandemic and then pre-meditated murder. They lost multiple life times worth of society privileges.

Oh, these people should be charged as terrorists and labeled as such. But I bet they're white and it won't happen.

Fuck this country, man. And fuck Trump supporters.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
WHAT THE FUCK!?
Who the fuck goes "Ok, I'll kill this fucker because he told my daughter to wear a mask"? WHAT THE FUCK!? Seriuosly, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT!? My brain just can't fathom the thought process behind this.

funeral/memorial GoFundMe

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
gofundme here
www.gofundme.com

Donations for Calvin “Duper“ Munerlyn, organized by Courtney Ce Ce Cabine

Help lay Super Duper to rest. He was a father, a husband, a friend, a prot… Courtney Ce Ce Cabine needs your support for Donations for Calvin “Duper“ Munerlyn

glad ppl are helping out. god, fuck guns so much. and fuck the idiots who use them to ruin lives. 99.9% of the time nothing good comes of using them.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Some people are unredeemable, such as the individuals who took out these awful acts. They need to be hit with the full extent of the law because they don't dserve to be in this society

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
He was black, I bet these pieces of shit just couldn't handle a black man telling them what they could and couldn't do

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't watched the video...is it confirmed they were white? I see he was black so this was probably less about the mask and more about a black man telling her what to do and denying her "her freedoms"* (entering the store)

*just to be clear, this is not what I believe and NOT a justification...probably just what was going on in these idiots heads...they need to both go away for a very long time

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Hope whatever you were going there for is going to be worth the time in jail you receive.

Damn those guys.