• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
This looks interesting. I read Dean Takahashi's Xbox book way back whenever, and that was pretty fascinating. So I'll give this a watch.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Nice I literally just got into the Xbox ecosystem so I'm really interested in this.

Since it's being put out by Xbox themselves, I just hope it's not too fluffy (like some Disney documentaries are guilty of). The fact that the titles reference the red ring of death and the Xbox One TV stuff is a good sign for sure.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Watch the first episode last night. As some fanfest thing. And its really high quality and they really focus on the bads also. Wich is good to see.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I watched the first 3 so far and they are fantastic. Not only well produced but also a genuinely interesting story. Can't wait to see the rest.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
The first three represent a fairly deep dive into MS culture in the 90s and how Sony goaded Gates and Ballmer into entering the market.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Pretty nice of them putting all the episodes on their youtube page :)

Quasi

Banned
Aug 24, 2021
Quickly skipped through some parts and am really impressed with the people they got for this and how hard they go on the bad parts. Like Don Mattrick and Jack Tretton talking about the disastrous Xbox One launch, the pricepoint, and even showing the viral Playstation video on how to share games is pretty cool. They do then go on towards Phil Spencer taking over as the saving angel, but still. Looking forward to watching the whole thing.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Lol that moment the Xbox team stole the windows NT because the windows team didnt want to give it to them haha

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
The Mortal Kombat scene of the Bill Gates meeting between the Windows CE team and the Direct X team was pretty good.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao the names that were brought up to name the Xbox haha

Vybe
Xantra
Fire Plug
Velvet
OG
Zimulate
etc

hahahaha

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
That GDC story in episode 2 is nuts. They were fixing and soldering the prototypes the day of the show lol

Wasn't expecting a very young Cliff Bleszinski to show up.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Mattrick still doesn't wanna take the L for Xbox One, does he?

Literally everyone else in the video says what a disaster it was except him.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Watched ep 3 and 4. This is fantastic and I'll probably finish everything tomorrow.

JadedGhost

Jan 28, 2019
This is a fantastic and insightful doco. It's amazing what the teams went through to ship the original xbox. Enjoying this quite a bit

Roarschach

Dec 18, 2018
This is really cool. I knew Xbox was launched to make sure they didn't lose out on the console space, but seeing it was spurred by the threat of playstation taking over the pc was fascinating

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
this is really riveting, loved the first episode!

as a fan of Icons on G4 TV, these kinda documentaries are right up my alley

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Finished up the first episode, and wow this is fascinating and riveting. It's so well done and they got so many people for it, it's really impressive. They are also super fucking candid, I could never see Sony or Nintendo ever doing anything remotely close to this.

First episode was also incredibly nostalgic for me seeing all that old footage, really took me back to a place and time.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
wow he changed

FGe6188VQAEklBT