• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GodOfWar.jpg

God of War is due out on April 20, with its reviews apparently hitting on April 12 for the game. God of War has been my most anticipated game of the year, and it is turning out to be everything that I thought it would be. Previews for the game were overwhelmingly positive (last time I remember this much unanimous acclaim for a game in previews was for Breath of the Wild), and the game seems to be hitting all the right notes.

My question for you—ahead of the review embargo lifting on April 12, what's your prediction for how well God of War will do critically, and why? My personal response: God of War will be this year's Breath of the Wild. It will have an overwhelmingly, unanimously high Metascore, with rave acclaim, and will probably dominate the end of the year awards as well. I predict a Metascore of 94 or higher for God of War—my personal prediction is 96. I feel like reinventing the franchise as an action RPG, plus the changes to the setting, characters, story, gameplay, and everything, as well as the ridiculously high production values, will ensure the game does extremely well to begin with—I just think it will pull it all off so well, it will end up dominating critical reception and discourse for the year.

How about you?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
94. Best God of War yet and will end up being GOTY this year.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
There will be a mixed of really amazing scores and scores in the 8's criticizing the new combat system. I still haven't been convinced. So hopefully upon playing it I'll be a bit more enthused.

Prediction - 89-90

Status
Not open for further replies.