pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
It's like we've all been eating dog shit for four years, and now we got a perfectly cooked fat juicy steak with garlic cloves, herb glazed baked potato with butter and all the fixings', a brisk cold crafted beer, fried asparagus, and a basket of warm soft bread that cracks on the outside and is squishy dough in the center....and they be wheelin' up the desert cart! Let's GOoooooooooooooooOoOOO!

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
great speech. seeing harris up there really was a highlight. her joy was palpable and such an inspiration to so many.

pushing cooperation and unity is super smart. joe will try his best even though we know how it will probably turn out. it puts everything on mcconnell and the gop when they turn out to be obstructionists yet again. or better yet, let's win those seats in georgia and not have to worry about it at all.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's very easy to get caught up in the emotion of the moment of having a dignified president after four years of forgetting what that was like, this I admit. Of course, that's the whole purpose of these sort of speeches. I await shit getting done with as little doubt as I could possibly muster.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
I owe Biden an apology. Well, he doesn't care, I just owe it to myself to apologise to him. At the start of this campaign I thought he amounted to nothing more than 'not Trump' and would win on that basis alone but that was a speech befitting a president. It's been a while...

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
I owe Biden an apology. Well, he doesn't care, I just owe it to myself to apologise to him. At the start of this campaign I thought he amounted to nothing more than 'not Trump' and would win on that basis alone but that was a speech befitting a president. It's been a while...

It was a great speech, but even "not Trump" would've been enough. Sometimes to start rebuilding you just need someone competent.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
I say, God Damn, that was a hell of a speech. That 'Sleepy Joe' moniker is nothing but pure grade-A bullshit. That man was on fire tonight.

So powerful to hear him give shout-outs to minorities, one by one, by name. Finally, American has a true president.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
Man, this brought a tear to my eye
... I'm so happy for all of you!!

The entire World is elated and relieved! Although it looked dark at times in this election, Joe och Kamala did it!

They made history. Hopefully they'll get the pandemic under control. Hopefully right-wing populism can crawl back to that hole from from whence it came!

And hopefully, America's example becomes a trend throughout Europe as well.

It's a good day.

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
Great speech. The only American elections I've ever personally paid attention to are the 2008 election and 2020 election. Seems kinda fitting. Welcome back America!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wonderful speech from both of them, made me tear up and I'm in the UK lol

Competent people talking about unity and progress and inclusion and not some coked up evil trolls struggling to dribble out some words about division and winning. Just a night and day difference.

Also the interpreter during Joe's speech was cute as hell

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Fantastic speech. I'm super happy for you, US, and happy for the world to have some hope again regardig global issues and problems.

If you're a republican watching this speech and honestly think "that guy is worse for this country", you either are incredibly biased and dishonest to yourself, or the literal only issue really mattering to you is getting rid of foreigners.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Just watched it all. Best speech I've ever heard from him. Was excellent.

The Eagles Wings bit was funny. Grew up hearing that like every week in Scotland and for some reason I didn't think it was well known.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
1501484268-giphy.gif

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad that Biden contues to speak about people with disabilities. We're so often left behind in these discussions.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the sign language interpreters during the musical interludes is a treat.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Straight out of a movie. Comes out of retirement because he gives a shit, wins the election and gives one of the best speeches of his life! 2020 finally got better!

SonicFighterV

May 13, 2019
Straight out of a movie. Comes out of retirement because he gives a shit, wins the election and gives one of the best speeches of his life! 2020 finally got better!
And this is on top of the "comeback" of sorts with the vote count. I for one was like this is a repeat of 2016, when I saw the initial vote count on the first day.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that he specifically came back after getting fired up from "fine people on both sides" makes it better. Trump caused his own downfall. Don't piss off Joe Biden.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
It was a great speech and Biden hit all the right points. Harris is very charismatic aswell and Im happy to have her in particular as the VP. Finally, America can make something worthwhile out of itself again. Im very relieved that this 4 year horror is over and we can finally look to the future with more hope.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Don't understand how Trump supporters can watch him say his garbage, president of only red states, telling the Proud Boys to stand by, deride those who seek equality, insult, mock on a regular basis and think he is fit for office. Then you see Biden talk about bringing people together, being President for everyone, the difference is night and day. As an outsider it is what your country needs.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Look at that. A coherent speech we missed for so long. He did well giving hope to whats to come. Harris also did great. Bravo!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
To clarify, I mean if someone competent beat Trump it'd be progress. Having someone competent who already has a more diverse Presidential staff AND delivers a knockout speech is some good ass shit.
Oh right for sure. Joe actually doing this in a way that he showed even most non believers that he isn't just "one note centrist guy" really will help energize everyone.

Oct 27, 2017
C'mon ya'll.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice" is from MLK.
Who was basically paraphrasing a minister and abolitionist named Theodore Parker.

Doh stupid me. Thanks for pointing out the origin of it.

I think I just always associated it with either an Obama speech or in one of his biographies but I forget that he credits someone else for it.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got it in my head that there would be a bit more substance with some of the headlines that started to come out over the past hour. Still, nice to know there will be a human taking the reins.

was hoping for more policy too. it was always gonna be heavy on the fluff, but i think part of it is definitely we still got the Georgia runoffs to deal with.

www.resetera.com

Biden Considering New White House Office on Climate Change

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-07/biden-considering-new-white-house-office-on-climate-change