• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who saw the game three times before it was canned as press, I am beyond gutted this never panned out. It was shaping up to be something special. :(

VashTS

Oct 29, 2017
This is the sole reason why bethesda super fans upset me.

This game would have been amazing had they not screwed over human head and tried to buy them out. Such a gross story.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see a studio like Arkane build on this concept as a new IP or a Star Wars bounty hunter game like this. It's such a great concept

Roldan

Oct 29, 2017
Something about the movement/gun animation really reminds me of DOOM 2016 (except for the ADS, of course)

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Prey 2017 is pretty great. Still sucks that we had to miss this game to get it.

Oct 28, 2017
aaannnnddd now I'm bummed out...
I sincerely hope that the people who worked on it will be able to make this game again but of course under a different name and style.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
This small snippet shows very little so while it's nice to see it doesn't really make me miss it as much as I thought I might. There's nothing really much stand out about that tbh.

The teaser definitely got me excited back then though, I liked what was revealed about the concept.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
It's a real shame what Bethesda tried to do to this game and company. I would have really liked to see this become a new IP under a different publisher altogether.

Last edited:

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the least interesting video I've seen of that one. Obviously the whole concept is pretty cool though and should probably be revisited if ever possible.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
The game we got was pretty good (at least on PC), but it was System Shock, not Prey. Calling it Prey was just... wtf. It had absolutely nothing to do with the first game.

Oct 27, 2017
I hated the new PREY because of this games demise initially. I ended up really liking that game so knowing we will never get Prey 2 is bittersweet.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
From the Steam thread, for extra sadness:

Reminds me of the older/early 2000s Duke Nukem Forever that basically was finished but never got released. Seriously, if you go this far, basically make it done, why not just fucking re-release it? Retcon it if you have to, but release it. Why burn so much money on something that is done?

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. I like the visual design, but the gameplay doesn't look too hot.

Arkane's Prey was fantastic I thought, but what happened to Human Head sucks.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
The setting looks nice, but that's about it. I'm very happy with the Prey which we actually got.

OP
OP

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
There is nothing wrong with Prey 2017, but Bethesda controversial past with the original IP, really makes you go "huh..."

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that looks fun, but doesn't show how the game was going to differentiate itself from other shooters, which was a big part of its pitch.
I still hope one day we'll see this

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want an actual sequel to Tommy's story in the actual original Prey.

New Prey is just System Shock NOT Prey.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
The new prey game was meh especially compared to games it was inspired by. This on the other hand looks fantastic

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great and definitely a Prey sequel, unlike the reboot that has nothing to do with the IP. Good game and all but this was the true Prey :(

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I don't "get" the Prey 2017 hype. Tried the demo but wasn't overly fond it.

Every time I see footage of Prey 2 I'm both interested and not at the same time. (I would of preferred a proper sequel with Tommy)

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I wish we had last year's Prey's systems in this game's world. It'd very much so be a perfect game.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck everything. I still want a "human lost in space becomes a bounty hunter to survive" game set in a noir space city.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
The actual new Prey we got was fantastic, but I'm still sad this never materialised.

Waiting on someone to pick up that, 'first person sci-fi bounty hunter action RPG thingy' pitch and run with it. Heck, if it'd make it an easier sell, just stick the Star Wars licence on it and set it on Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa, or both. No Boba Fett, though, please--I suspect they have bigger plans for him anyway. A new Mandalorian character would be fun, though, if only for the cool armour and snazzy gadgets:

2abfFPE.jpg