• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I would happily drop cash money on any new singleplayer, non-roguelike/procedurally-generated Prey stuff. I absolutely adored that game.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
I would happily drop cash money on any new singleplayer, non-roguelike/procedurally-generated Prey stuff. I absolutely adored that game.
Have you played Mooncrash by chance? I too was disappointed when I heard those terms when describing the expansion but it is not really an accurate descriptor. I haven't played it myself unfortunately, but it is an extension to the main game and executes a lot of the base games' concepts better in most regards. The rogue-like element is one of the best things about the expansions it seems.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I still want the bounty hunter Prey game.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Wasn't there some 1 player vs 5 mimics thing? Or is that Typhoon hunter

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who hasn't tried Mooncrash because it's a rogue-like is missing out. There is a story for each of the 5 characters in the DLC and it is very well done. Probably one of the best DLC's released this year.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
keeping my expectations low since this is almost surely the multiplayer thing, but id lose my shit if its a big single player expansion

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I did hear somewhere (can't remember where, just grapevine) that, sadly, plans for a Prey 2 were scrapped due to weak sales and Arkane have been shifted to more MP-focused stuff.

BlacJack

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I will support almost anything they do given what I thought was going to be a throw away roguelike mode became one of my favorite things of 2018.

Same. This game has exceeded my expectations every turn. Love it and wish there were more like it. I'll throw my money at them.

I'm also excited for their VR escape room game. I would love to see any of this world in VR.

Deleted member 22480

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if posted already, but it seems like it's indeed Typhon Hunter, and it's coming out December 11.

Waxwing

Jan 25, 2018
Yeah...Mooncrash is probably my GOTY. Every bit as addictive and engaging as the base game. Maybe more so.

Herbz

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man, they keep pumping prey. looks like prey 2 is happening in a year or two. not complaining. loved prey - i need more prey.

Waxwing

Jan 25, 2018
I have yet to get Mooncrash. Was disappointed when it was revealed this wasn't story dlc. What can I expect from this? I loved the main game.

It actually *is* story dlc. It just doesn't continue on with the same protagonist and has a different structure. The premise is actually really cool.

*spoilers for first 10 minutes*
one of the corporations/slavers of the future has put you in a tiny box in space serving out a term of indentured servitude. Your task is to jack-into a simulation of the final day of the company's moonbase before it went dark and experience events through the eyes of five different individuals who were present, and retrieve information for the company (if you ever want to see your family again). Successfully retrieving this information and accomplishing different objectives the company is aiming for takes multiple runs with the different characters. It's not as long as the main game, but there are still plenty of story-based twists and turns to reveal

NavyPharaoh

Oct 27, 2017
Good on VR. Passed on mooncrash cause I didn't know there was a story involved until this thread. Will buy now

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
The gift that keeps on giving. It's not my style of content, but I'll support this game until the alien race destroys this planet.

OP
OP

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there going to be a complete edition?
There's a Prey Digital Deluxe Edition on all platforms right now. It includes the base game, Mooncrash, and will also get you Typhon Hunter and Transtar VR when they come out next week. For the VR bit, I'm not sure it will launch on PS4/VR nor do I know if it's playable outside of VR, for XBOX owners especially who don't have a way of playing in VR.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
There's a Prey Digital Deluxe Edition on all platforms right now. It includes the base game, Mooncrash, and will also get you Typhon Hunter and Transtar VR when they come out next week. For the VR bit, I'm not sure it will launch on PS4/VR nor do I know if it's playable outside of VR, for XBOX owners especially who don't have a way of playing in VR.

Cheers, does this mean they'll do a physical version as well?

OP
OP

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cheers, does this mean they'll do a physical version as well?
I don't think so. Physical copies of PREY can be grabbed for really cheap though, and then all you'd have to do is purchase the Mooncrash DLC (which sometimes goes on sale as well) as a download to get access to everything else. This is what I did on PC when the game first came out.

I've been waiting for HUD options to be patched in. I don't know why, it ain't happening I guess.
Are you on PC? If so, there are a few mods that let you change/remove HUD elements. Here's one example: https://www.nexusmods.com/prey2017/mods/2/

So this is a multiplayer DLC?
Typhon Hunter is a 1v5 asymmetrical MP mode, yes. One person plays as Morgan (I'd assume, anyway) and the other 5 play as a team of Mimics. The mimics can clone almost any movable physics prop (a coffee cup, a banana, a chair, etc.) in the environment and attempt to hide so they can get the drop on the Morgan player. It's an existing MP game type sometimes called Prop Hunt. Here's an example from Garry's Mod. (I've not watched the full video so I don't know if it's SFW in terms of language.)

Last edited:

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
That's good news! Thanks for the heads up. So this will probably be something like the Garry's Mod mode right?

Any news on what both Arkane studios are up to atm?

I just reinstalled dishonored 2 as I recently started to miss Karnaca and the beautiful design of dishonored.