Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
i remember they were pain in the ass to target with gamepad, but just played very little.
60fps should help there.
game had great system shock vibes, so will definitely try

I meant mentally and emotionally

clicking on them was no problem. Having to walk into a room when I knew they were in there and gonna jump out at me is what caused me to turn it off

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Downloading now. I didn't realize this wasn't the other Prey game, which I tried on 360 and wasn't enthralled by.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Almost 4 years trapped in this prison. Even with Game Pass I felt the need to free the game.
2T7jLcD.png

spiel

Oct 28, 2017

clicking on them was no problem. Having to walk into a room when I knew they were in there and gonna jump out at me is what caused me to turn it off
The Psychoscope helps a lot to detect mimics in the early game. Didn't stop me from jumping every time they started coming at me though. Luckily you do get powerful enough eventually to dispatch them in 1-2 shots, and they become more of an annoyance than a threat afterwards.

Jroc

Jun 9, 2018
This game is super underrated.

Yeah the inky enemies look boring, but the actual immersive sim elements are the best out there. Using the gloo gun to climb the shaft of a broken elevator instead of fixing it is the kind of thing I haven't seen since Deus Ex 1.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
The alien enemies in Prey look similar because they're all part of the same ecosystem, but crucially they behave very differently and require different methods of engagement.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to get back to Mooncrash, I played two or three runs a while back and felt like I was just starting to scratch the surface.

Oct 27, 2017
Is the patch already out? I downloaded the game last week and deleted it since i thought it was going to take a while for FPS Boost to arrive lmao

Oct 31, 2017
I'm always happy to throw in some compliment for this game, but I'm not sure what's going on here.
Why are we suddenly getting an OT for a 3+ years old release?

GetDigitized

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody know what PC settings / resolution it now runs at with fps boost?
The Xbox Series X is more powerful than my pc (i5 4670k /rtx 3070) but last time i tried it on the xbox one the graphics sucked compared to pc.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I bought Mooncrash because of this. The difference is night-and-day.

Does anybody know what PC settings / resolution it now runs at with fps boost?
The Xbox Series X is more powerful than my pc (i5 4670k /rtx 3070) but last time i tried it on the xbox one the graphics sucked compared to pc.

This is a BC title, so the visual settings are going to be on-par with what was there on the "old" mid-gen refresh systems.

Yes, I'd expect a 3070 to be able to run it with higher settings than the last-gen systems.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
One of the greatest games of last generation. That Fps boost is awesome, but still no Fov Slider on Consoles is bad news.

Oct 26, 2017
Prey is really really good, but erm my good mooncrash they were onto something there...cant wait to see what they deliver with deathloop now

GetDigitized

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Mooncrash because of this. The difference is night-and-day.

This is a BC title, so the visual settings are going to be on-par with what was there on the "old" mid-gen refresh systems.

Yes, I'd expect a 3070 to be able to run it with higher settings than the last-gen systems.
I thought they improved the settings with the fps boost, my bad.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I thought they improved the settings with the fps boost, my bad.

No biggie. If it's a "native" patch (like Outer Worlds just got), that's likely to have new resolution/detail upgrades, but anything with Framerate Boost will specifically be for BC titles that get their performance cap raised.

So for example, Watch Dogs 2 got Framerate Boost, and never had any 1X enhancements, so it runs beautifully at 60 fps, but at the normal XB1 graphical settings.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
This was one of the first games I played and beat last year at the start of my unemployment due to the pandemic. Absolutely fell in the love with the game and adored every single hour spent with it.

Now I'm tempted to go back and start another play through.

What an outstanding game.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always happy to throw in some compliment for this game, but I'm not sure what's going on here.
Why are we suddenly getting an OT for a 3+ years old release?

Why an OT?
Prey released prior to the founding of ResetEra and does not have an Official Thread dedicated to it. With the announcement of the FPS Boost support coming to the game quite a few folk, myself included, said that such an update was just what they needed to finally pick this game out from their backlog and actually play it. Figured a thread would be fitting for us folk and anyone else looking for an excuse to play/discuss the game!

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Did you try it on an Xbox One or an Xbox One X? The latter got an update in 2018 which increased the rendering resolution and introduced effects like SSR. Those enhancements carry over to the Series X with the FPS boost.

Last edited:

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017

oh got it, sure makes sense.
my issue with the game was something else.
can't really pinpoint it, but i guess its something to do with cursor acceleration or something. that makes fine tuning targeting difficult, and the enemies were too jumpy. highlighting the issue more

Sasaud

Oct 28, 2017
An amazing game just got better on xbox, while i'm not a a fan of most of bethesda's output but arkane games alone are worth it for a new console.
I'm now considering buying series S just for this game with the fps boost.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I was replaying Prey not long ago, and one of the things that stuck with me is how horror oriented the beginning was. Thinking that a Mimic could be anywhere, be anything. After a while the game feels more like an adventure, but there are still some horror moments there...

DangerousRareGuanaco-max-1mb.gif

Fucking hell.

Also, Mooncrash is awesome and a joy to play. I might actually reinstall it, I'm feeling like playing a FPS, and Mooncrash is geared towards combat.

Jaime.GGG

Oct 27, 2017
Ok I'm new to this types of games. What I'm supposed to be picking up? Just bullets, repair kits and health kits? I dont want to miss anything important but there are a lot of things that fill up your inventory. Also, should I try to take down the shadow monsters or wait until I have an actual weapon? Thanks

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have thoughts on the survival mode modifiers? Most of the impressions I'm reading say they aren't impactful but are only based on a couple hours of play. Curious if they're worthwhile in the long haul to make things more impactful, especially for an initial playthrough.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was replaying Prey not long ago, and one of the things that stuck with me is how horror oriented the beginning was. Thinking that a Mimic could be anywhere, be anything. After a while the game feels more like an adventure, but there are still some horror moments there...

DangerousRareGuanaco-max-1mb.gif

Fucking hell.

Also, Mooncrash is awesome and a joy to play. I might actually reinstall it, I'm feeling like playing a FPS, and Mooncrash is geared towards combat.
Looking Glass tech had so many great moments in the game. Don't want to spoil any for the newcomers but 👀👀👀

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Hell yes, great game. Will new game plus on series x in 60. Awesome.

Did I read that you have to choose between hdr and 60? Like a toggle?

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Ok I'm new to this types of games. What I'm supposed to be picking up? Just bullets, repair kits and health kits? I dont want to miss anything important but there are a lot of things that fill up your inventory. Also, should I try to take down the shadow monsters or wait until I have an actual weapon? Thanks

YoI'll get to the point early on where you can create items in this recycling machine by recycling some of the shit you pick up.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Pick up a bunch of junk too. Stuff can be recycled...

Survival mode impressions

EpsilonEagle

May 9, 2018
Peachtree City, GA
Anyone have thoughts on the survival mode modifiers? Most of the impressions I'm reading say they aren't impactful but are only based on a couple hours of play. Curious if they're worthwhile in the long haul to make things more impactful, especially for an initial playthrough.

I think they add a fun layer of challenge to the game. I started my first playthrough without the survival mode modifiers because they seemed intimidating, but eventually restarted and enabled them once I felt comfortable with the basic gameplay mechanics.

Be warned, though. The sound-effect for walking with broken bones is extremely gnarly.

GetDigitized

Oct 25, 2017
[
Did you try it on an Xbox One or an Xbox One X? The latter got an update in 2018 which increased the rendering resolution and introduced effects like SSR. Those enhancements carry over to the Series X with the FPS boost.
Standard One, my pc is bottlenecked by the cpu but I don't think it'll be that big a difference performance wise at 60fps . I haven't actually tried it on pc yet either