BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I'm loving this game but it's also unfortunately quite buggy. I got a massive glitch-out during an important boss fight rendering the entire end cutscene into a buggy shitpile, starting one side-quest with a new character didn't progress unless I paused between the script triggers (lol), and returning back to the starting area and switching rooms re-triggered one of the early cutscenes in the game lmao.

Really needs a good patching, this one.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
My save file says 37.11% so no issues there.

Yeah I think I'm just not sure what actually raises the percentage, so it was a false alarm (I checked it after beating a boss and exploring a bit)...and also the game is much much bigger than I realized. It's definitely still increasing.

Yeah we've been talking about it. For me, the issue seems localized to that area of the map. Limiting the game to 60 FPS fixes it for that area, but when I teleported away (I did restart the game as well) in other areas of the map it seems to run fine again at 120.

The weirdest part is it worked differently for me, but it did resolve eventually.

With vsync enabled, I got horrific stuttering, basically unplayable. I tried teleporting elsewhere as you said, but it happened all over.

If I disabled vsync and set it to 60 or 120 max fps, the stuttering went away but my framerate was garbage, something like 30 fps ish at first. Each time I used the key to open one of the 'eye doors', I gained about 10 more fps, lol (according to the overlay I turned on while testing). After I cleared out the 'jail' area on the map denoted by a large eye icon, I was back at full framerate. So I will say if anyone else gets stricken by this, beeline to that area in the archives/library/whatever it's called.

OP
OP

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Beat (very east boss) Orod in one try. For big boss fights, make sure you get hit by their big attacks. The sequences that play are all fantastic.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
It's great so far. Though I don't think I've finished a single 20+ hour 2D metroidvania

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Played first 2 hours and liked a lot the gameplay…
movement and combat feels really good but honestly I would have loved a bigger budget for this game…
didn't liked the art style to much and the visuals seems a bit to simple in my opinion.
prince of Persia deserved more in my opinion.

anyway, game is very good and as soon I finish terminator I will play more of this.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
The map just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Crazy.
One QoL improvement I would love would be more fast travel options.
I know purists would hate that, but some of the backtracking is quite tedious.

theCioro

Jun 16, 2023
RO
I'm loving this game but it's also unfortunately quite buggy. I got a massive glitch-out during an important boss fight rendering the entire end cutscene into a buggy shitpile, starting one side-quest with a new character didn't progress unless I paused between the script triggers (lol), and returning back to the starting area and switching rooms re-triggered one of the early cutscenes in the game lmao.

On what platform were you experiencing this?

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it and yeah that was a pretty great game. Didn't enjoy everything about it, but what it did right was great fun.

What I liked:
- platforming, some really tricky ones, some xertes took me some time to get
- environment puzzles, always enjoy that kind of puzzles. There's only one I didn't like (had to check a guide cause I don't think I would have thought about the solution on my own)
- some areas are beautiful, even if I wish some backgrounds were used for more than a screen or two, kind of a waste
- all upgrades feel significant and fun to use
- the anime-like presentation, some attacks or counters come straight out of a shonen

What I didn't like:
- some upgrades come way too late, I tried exploring as much as I could at the beginning, but it quickly became frustrating to beat a hard section, only to be greeted by a blocked path, it's still worth exploring, but you'll need to come back later half of the time
- backtracking isn't always fun. Think it would have been ok to be able to fast travel between trees rather than statues. I cannot count the number of times I committed suicide to speed this process
- not a huge fan of the battles. I'd rather mobs had less hp and have more of them. But tbf once you upgrade your weapons and get the final upgrades it doesn't matter as much
- level design isn't always good, kinda felt like the map was a big too big just for the sake of it, you have a lot of paths just there to give you a few time crystals and that's it. Kinda make finding all the collectibles a pain (only ended up doing all prophecies, but not the lore items)
- character doesn't always react as quickly as I'd want, wish it was more snappy, specially during some platforming sections

Still really enjoyed it and hope it will get a sequel, it deserves one.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Immortal felt annoying, but Hero nails it for me. Only about two hours in and just unlocked the bow. The only criticism is the control scheme is wild. Can you remap them? I want to mimic a Dark Souls-esque scheme cause muscle memory is messing me up any time I want to dodge, lol.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
What is the point of giving me an option to bind movement to d-pad if I can't bind stuff that was previously on d-pad to left stick? There isn't enough buttons on Switch to put it somewhere else. So annoying, I hate playing 2D games with analog stick. All those accessibility options and they mess up something so basic.

Last edited:

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Welp, got hit by the "key bug" frames goes from 90 to 25 on the Deck. Unplayable, I hope they fix it soon :/

Extremely curious about what is happening for this to happen, I hope they explained it.

Edit: It seems that if you use the key in all the doors you recover the frames:
www.gamepressure.com

Prince of Persia The Lost Crown - FPS Drop after Taking Jailer's Key Fix

Have you fought with Jailer in Prince of Persia The Lost Crown? If you have defeated this enemy, you acquired a Key. Players report an FPS drop after picking it up. Let’s talk about it.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, got hit by the "key bug" frames goes from 90 to 25 on the Deck. Unplayable, I hope they fix it soon :/

Extremely curious about what is happening for this to happen, I hope they explained it.

www.gamepressure.com

Have you fought with Jailer in Prince of Persia The Lost Crown? If you have defeated this enemy, you acquired a Key. Players report an FPS drop after picking it up. Let’s talk about it.
Has this been acknowledged by Ubisoft at all?

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Oh god, just finished the jumping puzzle room in the Sacred Archives for the two Xerxes coins...
There's some crazy platforming in this game!

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space

Same experience here unfortunately.
But goddamn this game is GOOD

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Has this been acknowledged by Ubisoft at all?

I have no idea but this is on their discord for issues that they are aware of:

Prince of Persia™: The Lost Crown Known Issues

Patch 1.0.1 for Prince of Persia™: The Lost Crown was deployed on all supported platforms before release. All online copies of the game will include this patch when installing the game for the first time. If it's not automatically applied before starting the game, please be sure to update your game manually using the dedicated platform service.
While most issues known at the time were addressed with Patch 1.0.1, the following are known to us and are planned to be tackled in future patches.
If you encounter any issue not listed, be sure to reach out to support under the following link: https://ubi.li/ZaYJm

Nintendo Switch
• When playing on TV or Tabletop Mode (detached Joy-Con controllers), the right (R) Joy-Con controller vibration feature is not triggered.

PC: Ubisoft Connect, Epic Games Store
• Ubisoft Connect only: Language selection screen is not implemented during installation flow.

PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4
• Localization for Japanese language on the 'Press any Button to start' Screen is missing.
• The Ubisoft Connect overlay doesn't close after the internet is removed from a router that the console is connected to, and no appropriate error message is displayed. The same issue can occur during the authentication flow (linking Ubisoft Connect account).

Platform Agnostic
• Deluxe pack contents are granted only after a game reboot.
• Localization for Japanese language on the 'Press any Button to start' Screen is missing.
• Sargon outfits become entirely black during the palace ceremony cinematic in Thomyris Palace after applying the "Warrior Within" skin during the battlefield prologue.
• Players brute forcing their way behind the abomination monster in The Depths before unlocking the "Shadow of the Simurgh" ability will trigger currently unknown continuation errors to both the game and story.
• The custom pause menu used in cut-scenes displays inverted mirrored text in Arabic and Farsi.
• Dodge (Right Trigger) action is considered an unknown ability in the system/customize controls menu, even if players can already use it since the very beginning of the game.
• Players are not able to prompt the legend in the accessibility menu, under the system tab while the high contrast feature is active.
• The save slot in the main menu might not display the right location after finishing the game and its credits.
• Ancient Power Unearthed (Kaheva's side quest) marker disappears if players use their map and hide personal markers from legends tab.
• Players will be stuck in the save slots menu if they upload their save onto the cloud when the prologue is not finished.
• Instructions on where to find the "Young Sargon" Ubisoft Connect reward is missing in-game.
• Whenever the player is near any Wak-Wak tree, slight graphical corruption is visible on the screen.
• Spamming the "A" button during the Moon Gather dialogue may result in a locked camera and possibly prevent the user from validating this quest.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This feels a bit like going through the metroidvania motions. Not having any real momentum to your movement and actions is dragging it down a bit for me, this is something that Metroid Dread did expertly.

The utterly bland visuals are't helping either. So far this is one of the dullest worlds I've explored in a game of this sort. Sound design is also kinda weak to be honest.

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the *later game spoiler* Menolias fight fucking sucks. Keepaway bosses already suck in most games, but watching a cutscene for every counter gets really old really fast. As soon as I manage to dodge his bullshit and close the gap its movie night again.

I thought I may be missing a power but looking it up I need to do this before getting that. And that power sounds like it'd be real handy on this guy.

Edit: Second go around he used drasticly less spam. What the fuck was up with that initial run?

Absolutely horrible boss, no idea what they were thinking here. Rest of the game has been great.

OP
OP

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Absolutely horrible boss, no idea what they were thinking here. Rest of the game has been great.

This was my favorite boss in the game so far lol. The trick is you don't need to close in. You can let them come to you.

They're extremely vulnerable to launchers and one of their attacks is crazy easy to parry. In the first phase any time you see the arc shot jump over it, slide kick and that's a full combo with the launcher. RT + stick + X -> A -> X X X -> RT follow up -> X X X is the go to for this fight.

In the second phase attacks are modified but you can literally just hang at a distance and wait for them to throw the chakram. If you stay on the ground there is no way this can hit you. They will follow up the throw by rapidly closing in on you and trying to do a super move, but you can parry this extremely easily. As soon as you see the white flash. Sometimes they'll feint a bit, so you have to time it for the flash, whenever that is.

Once you parry you can do the same above combo, starting with RT + stick + X launcher, or do X -> up + X (hold) launcher (think the latter is slightly more damage). After all other attacks (e.g. the arc shot) wait to see if the counterstance starts up. If it does, wait for it to wear off and then launcher -> full combo.

In this phase the lock shot becomes two shots from different directions and the lock and arc shots can be mixed. Once you do enough damage there's a smaller final phase where the lock shot is 3x from one direction, the spread is 3x, and the minefield is much larger (save arrows for this to clear it quickly).

But yeah, at a distance basically nothing can hurt you and you have tons of time to react to everything, which sets you up for that reliable parry attack and buckets of damage.

Like all the bosses in this game loved it. Every attack has a way to deal with it and the boss has clear, reliable weaknesses you can exploit, it can just require some creativity to figure it out. Look forward to seeing the no damage speedrun boss kills.

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
This was my favorite boss in the game so far lol. The trick is you don't need to close in. You can let them come to you.

They're extremely vulnerable to launchers and one of their attacks is crazy easy to parry. In the first phase any time you see the arc shot jump over it, slide kick and that's a full combo with the launcher. RT + stick + X -> A -> X X X -> RT follow up -> X X X is the go to for this fight.

In the second phase attacks are modified but you can literally just hang at a distance and wait for them to throw the chakram. If you stay on the ground there is no way this can hit you. They will follow up the throw by rapidly closing in on you and trying to do a super move, but you can parry this extremely easily. As soon as you see the white flash. Sometimes they'll feint a bit, so you have to time it for the flash, whenever that is.

Once you parry you can do the same above combo, starting with RT + stick + X launcher, or do X -> up + X (hold) launcher (think the latter is slightly more damage). After all other attacks (e.g. the arc shot) wait to see if the counterstance starts up. If it does, wait for it to wear off and then launcher -> full combo.

In this phase the lock shot becomes two shots from different directions and the lock and arc shots can be mixed. Once you do enough damage there's a smaller final phase where the lock shot is 3x from one direction, the spread is 3x, and the minefield is much larger (save arrows for this to clear it quickly).

But yeah, at a distance basically nothing can hurt you and you have tons of time to react to everything, which sets you up for that reliable parry attack and buckets of damage.

Like all the bosses in this game loved it. Every attack has a way to deal with it and the boss has clear, reliable weaknesses you can exploit, it can just require some creativity to figure it out. Look forward to seeing the no damage speedrun boss kills.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, I actually beat him on my second try. While I get what you're saying, overall I just thought the fight wasn't really fun.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
What is the point of giving me an option to bind movement to d-pad if I can't bind stuff that was previously on d-pad to left stick? There isn't enough buttons on Switch to put it somewhere else. So annoying, I hate playing 2D games with analog stick. All those accessibility options and they mess up something so basic.
This is something I struggled with on the demo on PS5. I am not usually a "stick placement" person but I didn't feel comfortable playing the demo with the Dual Sense stick placement. On Switch it was OK. Still, I would probably prefer the d-pad on Switch Pro Con anyway. When I looked for an option to essentially swap the stick and d-pad buttons I did not find it. I guess I can always rebind individual buttons in the Switch OS, though.

This is a reason why I'll probably buy this on Switch. It certainly looks better on PS5 but this game is not a graphical showcase.

How's the feel and performance been for the Switch players here so far?

Spliced-Up

Oct 29, 2017
Wow this game is massive. Reached what I thought was a near end game area just to find out it was more like the half way mark with a new big quest opening up. There's also definitely no lack of exploration in this, loads of optional paths that lead to collectibles and alternative routes.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
No that I know of, the "fix" does indeed work. I just tried, you have to open a lot of doors tho, I don't even know where are all of them.

Refer to my post earlier, look for an eye symbol on your map. You'll know you're in the right place because it's kind of like a jail. There's a ton of those doors there and my framerate had recovered after I opened them all.

Oct 30, 2017

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Refer to my post earlier, look for an eye symbol on your map. You'll know you're in the right place because it's kind of like a jail. There's a ton of those doors there and my framerate had recovered after I opened them all.

Yep, I opened all of them (six I think), but the frame rate is not what I had before. 25 to 55 after opening the doors, but I was getting a pretty consistent 90.

Playing on the Deck.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
For anyone who bought the game from cdkeys.com they started to send out keys, I got mine already.

mogwai00

Mar 24, 2018
This game is pure joy.
I've just messed for the first two hours and the combat already showed a lot of potential depth.

Last edited:

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
The forest boss was very fun and very cool. Also, for being such a cartoony UBISOFT game without an air of "mystery", it barely holds your hand, at least with the Exploration mode on. Good, good stuff.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer - Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
Getting pretty tired of the aerial recovery move bugging out and stopping working.
If theres a contant damage dealing thing in the room then without it you just go spiralling and pinballing like its fuckin' Slap City.

Apart from that: almost done!

Edit: I'm not sure I'll bother getting the last few items as it seems it will require me to walk round the entire areas again.
I'd hoped
the rescued parrot
would help considering it marked my map for one area, but its just repeated NPC conversation now.

Last edited:

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
This game comes out tomorrow, right? Amazon just delivered my PS5 copy today, even though it was scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. That's never happened to me before.

Caesar III

Jan 3, 2018

www.gamepressure.com

Same here. Too bad I'm still not back to full performance, despite I opened all doors.

OP
OP

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Impressive, in what difficulty are you playing? Did you beat him before or after the "very west" boss?

Playing on immortal difficulty, after I beat the very west boss. Honestly liked the west boss more because of the hype popoff stuff where if you hit his counter stance you get kamehameha'd and if you fail to dodge his gap closer you get that rain of blows like something out of a Ip Man movie, together with how relentless that boss' pressure is

Apparently the final boss is meant to be something crazy good from all the reviews I've seen mention it so looking forward to what the rest of the game has in store.