Ibis Island
oh-boy-its-january-which-means-that-this-game-is-gonna-v0-64u5dyo21u9c1.jpeg

Metacritic - 87
Opencritic - 87

Thanks to SuikerBrood for the help

9.5 - XboxEra

View: https://youtu.be/aDuiCzes6IA

9.5 - PSX Brasil
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is an excellent metroidvania and should certainly be remembered among the best of the genre. I was surprised at several moments throughout the adventure, whether by the incredible level design, combat and movement fluidity, interesting powers and much more. This is a title that shows Ubisoft at its best and marks an excellent start to the year for the developer and all the fans.

9.5 - WellPlayed
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown will go down as one of the best titles released by Ubisoft in well over a decade, depending on your point of view. The core systems on offer are functionally perfect, paying homage to the franchise roots and history while confidently staking a claim to its future. Raw performance is also a rare treat, the game being one of the most polished big budget titles to hit in a long while. Amid expressive animation, effortlessly cool combat, and challenging but fair platforming, a few minor gripes with the overarching narrative feel just that in the face of such a confident and complete game. Ubisoft Montpellier sets a new bar for the franchise and, ideally, begins to light the way to a better industry with this reasonably scoped, expertly executed series revival.

9 - PSU
An excellent return to the Prince of Persia franchise. The Lost Crown takes the classic Metroidvania-style and builds on it with excellent puzzles, platforming and combat. The Lost Crown is easily the first must have title of the year and shouldn't be missed.

9 - MP1st
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown may not have had the strongest response from fans upon its initial announcement, but Ubisoft really knocked it out of the ballpark with this one in the end. Coming in at about the 20 to 25-hour mark for a well-explored playthrough felt just about right for this type of game to avoid overstaying its welcome. Taking Prince of Persia and mixing it with the Metroidvania genre was a brilliant move, as the gameplay and abilities from the series mesh very well with this style, and it makes me hope this is only the beginning of this franchise's foray into this new direction and is not just a one-off experience.

9 - Easy Allies

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXT_-Z0EWKk&pp=ygUncHJpbmNlIG9mIHBlcnNpYSB0aGUgbG9zdCBjcm93biAgcmV2aWV3

9 - Prima Games
It's not easy to take a beloved franchise, one with its many iterations, and do it justice. It's even harder to take it back to its side-scrolling roots and expect to wow a modern gaming audience who may be used to giant, photo-realistic open worlds and endless streams of content. The Lost Crown is a bold take on a classic foundation that proves that, sometimes, remembering the past is the best way forward.

9 - The Sixth Axis
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is one of the finest metroidvanias I've ever played and a fantastic way to start 2024. Thrilling and kinetic platforming, thumping combat, and a vast game world that demands exploration, and makes it a joy to do. It's time to kick nostalgia firmly in the unmentionables; this is the best Prince of Persia ever.

8.5 - Gaming Nexus
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown strikes a harmonious balance between combat, puzzles, and exploration, providing a satisfying blend for players. The shadow of the deluxe edition looms, introducing cosmetic items and early access at a questionable price point. Despite this, the core game experience remains untarnished, making the deluxe edition an optional, albeit somewhat disappointing, add-on. Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is a delightful journey, offering a well-paced adventure that managed to keep me engaged from start to finish.

8 - IGN

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mznpnH8v2o0

8 - TechRaptor
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is a competent, action-packed metroidvania that mostly balances the rule of cool with exciting combat and responsive platforming. If you like over-the-top shonen anime, it's worth checking out for the boss fights alone.

8 - Push Square
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown puts its best foot forward with rewarding and satisfying gameplay at its core. Combining the series' 2D past with the time-bending powers from later games, this Metroidvania is a brilliant blend that brings the franchise back in a fresh new way. While it can sometimes look a little underwhelming, and the sheer size of the game threatens to slow its own momentum, the fluid, challenging platforming and combat are so fun that any shortcomings fade into the background. This is an overall great action adventure with a lot to offer.

8 - GamingTrend
When you take leaps you won't always land perfectly. What matters is the recovery, and none of these issues overtake the fact that The Lost Crown is an otherwise elegantly-crafted game. It's a more than worthy successor to its lineage as a Prince of Persia game as well as the formula it follows. I'd be happy to play a sequel.

5/5 - AOTF
As a massive fan of the long-lost series, I originally wanted a full-scale 3D entry similar to the hits we got back in the 2000s. After playing through the newest installment, I'd like to backtrack that statement. I not only love the direction Ubisoft took here but also admittedly believe this should be the future of the series. Credit where credit is due: Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is Ubisoft's best game in years.

7.2 - PCGamer
A palatable metroidvania with a mediocre story, my biggest frustration with The Lost Crown is how long it takes to get to the good stuff.

8 - GamesRadar
For those wanting more in the same vein as 3D adventures like The Sands of Time, this ain't it. But it is a return to relative form for a series whose last mainline outing landed 14 years ago – it's just disappointing that this very good game was held back from true greatness.

Console Creatures - Recommended
"Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is a welcome return to the franchise. It packs a punch with exciting combat, challenging platforming, great visuals, and tons of secrets to uncover."

4.5/5 - HeyPoorPlayer
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is, in many ways, a new direction for this series, but there's enough pulled from the past that it very much still feels like a Prince of Persia game

4/5 - BudgetGaming
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is not only a return to former glory. It is also a ridiculously good Metroidvania. The diversity in enemies, powers and environments provides surprises time and time again, keeping the game experience fresh. It took a while, but we're glad Ubisoft's prince is back.

Bestest Bests Award - RockPaperShotgun
The Lost Crown is an outstanding reinvention of what a Prince Of Persia game can be, as well as a top notch platforming-led Metroid-like in its own right. It brings so many welcome nips and tucks to the genre to make it friendly and accessible, all while giving players a meaty and uncompromising challenge to really test their mettle.

8.5/10 - ProgressBar
Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is fantastic, and just the burst of bright colour and fresh energy the series needs. Gorgeous visuals, responsive combat and platforming, a heartfelt narrative, and a setting that holds its own among the greats.

Last edited:

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Good scores :) I played and loved the original when it came out and I'm excited this seems to be going back to those roots.

I'll give the demo a try later today.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Wait - what the fuck? This is a side-scrolling Metroidvania? I'm so out of the loop. I read Prince of Persia and knew it was Ubisoft as well and just instantly filed it away in my head as a 3D game I wouldn't want to play. I guess I'm instantly and super interested in Prince of Persia. Alright.

rodeo_chirb

Jun 16, 2020
Hell yea, I had a feeling this one would be good.

I've really been hoping for a good metroidvania before the JRPG apocalypse so this is perfect.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I accidentally let my Ubisoft+ sub renew this month, so I'm excited to play

namerson23

Nov 6, 2017
Will be my first Day 1 Ubisoft purchase in a while. Been hyped ever since I found out it was the Rayman Legends devs.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Similar to Dread, it seems that this is best in class in its genre but inherently divisive in nature that'll keep it from reaching critical heights (90+).

But those who love it really love it.

Oct 30, 2017
I am watching reviews videos as I am typing this post, looks like we have a surprise hit :D

So happy for the franchise <3

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
One way or another sounds like it will be good Steam Deck game. i will get it wen it comes to Steam one day.

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
Jawmuncher

Console Creatures - Recommended

"Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown is a welcome return to the franchise. It packs a punch with exciting combat, challenging platforming, great visuals, and tons of secrets to uncover."