Status
Not open for further replies.

fieldafar

Jan 23, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
uMrmKktuISu0OrLePxm7pKwzWec=.gif

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
How many times has this forum overreacted instantly without waiting for more info and confirmation about something?

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
So do we have enough time before release bto come up with a new reason to cancel the pre-orders we never had?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
That's very reassuring, still going to wait on performance before buying, but less worried it'll be a shitshow on base systems now. I'm not expecting great either, if it's good enough I'll buy it within the next few months, maybe even day 1 fi I really get the itch.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Windows Central, should really be a banned site at this point. It's been clear for years that their journalistic standards are nonexistent.
Correct. Windows Central trades in fan service, not games journalism.
Windows Central reported on a quote directly from Private Division.

You know, the publisher. Instead of blaming the messenger, maybe blame the people who overreacted to the extreme without waiting for even a hint of clarification?

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps more puzzling than the dogpile was the defense for this. It didn't really make a lot of sense to begin with but if it did turn out to be true, what would there be to really gain from it? It's not like Outer Worlds looks that technically demanding that the Pro couldn't somehow upgrade it beyond the base PS4 version.

Nov 30, 2018
Perhaps more puzzling than the dogpile was the defense for this. It didn't really make a lot of sense to begin with but if it did turn out to be true, what would there be to really gain from it? It's not like Outer Worlds looks that technically demanding that the Pro couldn't somehow upgrade it beyond the base PS4 version.

Especially since it's costing $60. Not a even a AA price.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It isn't hard to see how this happened at all. Someone at Private Division may not have considered basic resolution bump to 1440p on the PS4 Pro to be an "enhancement" at the same level as the context when being asked in a simple interview as compared to the Xbox One X getting 4K textures and 4K resolution, and then somebody else saw the stupid response and put out the facts on this. Bottom line is that the other thread was a joke with the accusations against Microsoft and Obisdian for this, and of course the more powerful console gets the best version here as expected and shown many times with other games.
Holy spin

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this thread will reach the 20 plus pages the other thread did. With people blaming Phil and Xbox, "phil kool aid" lol

Anyways it's good news. Hopefully the game is good.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Ya hate to see it.

Someone should compile the "won't be buying it anymore" posts from the other thread.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
User Warned: Platform wars and trolling over a series of posts
Windows Central reported on a quote directly from Private Division.

You know, the publisher. Instead of blaming the messenger, maybe blame the people who overreacted to the extreme without waiting for even a hint of clarification?

I can blame Windows Central for their awful "reporting", and I can also agree that the other thread was a fucking shitshow.

Windows Central clearly got it wrong but made an article to get those clicks because they knew they have an audience that would eat it right up.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It isn't hard to see how this happened at all. Someone at Private Division may not have considered basic resolution bump to 1440p on the PS4 Pro to be an "enhancement" at the same level as the context when being asked in a simple interview as compared to the Xbox One X getting 4K textures and 4K resolution, and then somebody else saw the stupid response and put out the facts on this. Bottom line is that the other thread was a joke with the accusations against Microsoft and Obisdian for this, and of course the more powerful console gets the best version here as expected and shown many times with other games.

Nah. I'd say it's simply a case of Windows Central being flat out wrong in what they reported. Pretty embarrassing for them IMO.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Why people are criticizing others for reacting a information that came from a big site and was supposed to be true?

They should think "Oh, I'm sure this is fake because reasons"?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So people were overreacting in the last thread. Instead of learning from that. I see posts that windowscentral needs to be banned (while a spokeperson told it to them). Nothing learned i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.