• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I was about to make this thread.

These are great news for me. I wanted to get Katrielle's game but I couldn't get the 3DS release in Peru and a Switch version is most likely to come here. The remake of the original on Switch is also appreciated since I wasn't going to buy it on mobile. Hope we get proper release dates soon.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
It would be weird if they're planning to bring only Curious Village, a remaster collection of the original Layton trilogy could be a much better product to sale.

I'm glad that Layton's Mystery Journey remaster is still coming.

OP
OP
N75

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
It would be weird if they're planning to bring only Curious Village, a remaster collection of the original Layton trilogy could be a much better product to sale.

They've already released it on Android and iOS, so it's likely based on that version.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Curious Village is great

Unwound Future is greatest of all time. Unwound Future hit high points in gameplay, art, and story that the series never equaled.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Also, real talk, much as I like the series...I'd be more interested in Layton Brothers being ported(or better yet, given a sequel) than the mainline series at this point.

58153e4852ae055ac38acbfae739692efbcb13cb_hq.jpg

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
I played it and loved it. Never got around to the rest of the series. So if they start bringing these in for the Switch, I'm all in.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Great game! Why not releasing all of them in one collection?
If they're basing Curious Village off of the mobile version, then they can't. Diabolical Box is the only other one that got ported to mobile.

Also, real talk, much as I like the series...I'd be more interested in Layton Brothers being ported(or better yet, given a sequel) than the mainline series at this point.
Honestly, at this point any Layton Brothers follow up is probably gonna happen in a Mystery Journey sequel.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I hope that some day we get a Layton v. Wright sequel. I loved that game.

I'll buy whichever ones come to Switch though.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019
I was about to complain that I'd rather see a new entry than an old one when I realized that I still need to finish Katrielle. But yeah, make a new one as well please

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping this means the UK dub is back, from what I gathered the Ipad version is the US one only.

OP
OP
N75

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017

Takumi seems to have adapted some ideas from the crossover into DGS. London instead of Labyrinthia, Holmes and Iris instead of Layton and Luke, and the multiple witness mechanic.

Unfortunately I don't think either game sold well. DGS2 sold even less.

I don't think Mystery Journey did well either physically, but mobile sales could have saved it.

krlitros87

Oct 28, 2017
So is this the first one of the series? I haven't played any of the games, so I don't know where to start.

Luke92

Jan 31, 2019

Layton vs. Wright was easily best or second best in the series. Wonderful game, fun story, great puzzles, great gameplay, great art. I loved it too.
Was that really so highly regarded? I love both series but that game... man, I had to force myself to finish that. I actually don't remember what I disliked, I just remember I had an awful time with it.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
It's an amazing series with some truly devious puzzles. Switch would be a perfect home for a second life.

Woylie

May 9, 2018

This is probably based on the recent mobile re-release, which was just Curious Village. The others will probably come later down the line to mobile first and then Switch, depending on how this does.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
GOD PLEASE. It's so expensive to even get the original games anymore, not to mention the possibility of counterfeit DS carts.

Apo

Oct 28, 2017
I only played the first Layton game on NDS but I loved it. But how is this game supposed to play if I playing it on a docked Switch?

Oct 27, 2017
I concur with those who have mentioned Unwound Future. What an experience...to describe it further would spoil it.

Miracle Mask also gets high marks, as does Curious Village.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
Ohh, I had no idea they've been working on HD remasters of these games. Only ever finished the first game, though I did play a little bit of the 2nd, as well as the 1st 3DS game.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I'm wondering if they'll redub them or just use DS-quality audio. I don't expect them to have the original raw audio for all the languages and games on the DS.

Also, I was interested in Layton Brothers too... and Layton 7 I guess, but I imagine they dropped that in favour of Katrielle.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Layton vs Ace Attorney is my favorite of the series. I'll keep my 3DS forever until they port it.