• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Comprar o Project CARS 2 | Xbox

THE ULTIMATE DRIVER JOURNEY Project CARS 2 is the thrill of intense racing action in beautiful cars at stunning venues. Authentic and intuitive handling, truly dynamic weather, and a wealth of game modes delivers racing fun for everyone.

Fable Anniversary

Asdivine Hearts II is the GwG for Japan. Regardless of what region you're in, as long as you have gold, you can claim it at this link. Be sure to translate the page so you can understand what you're doing.

アスディバインハーツII を購入 | Xbox

凍る世界を救うため、あの仲間達が再集結! 「神」キャラや凶獣もパーティー加入!?

Last edited:

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Games with Gold loves racing games. Fable anniversary is fun. Wonder what the other two games will be.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

The rest of this months GWG titles have yet to be announced which is unusual so hopefully we get an update soon.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh snap, Fable Anniversary. Might be the kick in the pants I need to finally start my playthrough of the Fable series that I want to do before Playground's Fable.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
That's one way to announce them, waiting so long that they leak through price tracking sites. Half the games at least. Feels like decent picks to me but I have Fable Anniversary on disc already.

Sony also managed to leak their PS+ games without announcement this month.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Project Cars 2 is great, especially for free. You really should use a wheel though, it ain't no Forza.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Not entirely comfortable about Fable Anniversary being a GWG when it's currently on Game Pass, means Game Pass Ultimate users are only getting one new title out of the deal. I suppose at least it's permanent ownership... but you'd expect it to be permanently on Game Pass given it's an MS title.

Project Cars, though, very acceptable!

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Not entirely comfortable about Fable Anniversary being a GWG when it's currently on Game Pass, means Game Pass Ultimate users are only getting one new title out of the deal. I suppose at least it's permanent ownership... but you'd expect it to be permanently on Game Pass given it's an MS title.

Same. At the very least with 360 titles, you own them. So even if your gold subscription runs out you own it. But... eh.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Not entirely comfortable about Fable Anniversary being a GWG when it's currently on Game Pass, means Game Pass Ultimate users are only getting one new title out of the deal.
Yeah, I can sort of agree with that. I do think they should add licensed games like Forza Horizon 4 to Gold though since that game will almost certainly be taken off Game Pass one day because of car licenses unlike Fable Anniversary.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Worth pointing out that Fable is X Enhanced so runs at (around) 4k on Xbox One X.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, PS+ games are made available on the first Tuesday of the month and get announced the Wednesday before which would be April 1 this time.
Yeah, but that doesn't really change much. The PS+ games, which have already leaked, will be announced this Wednesday, April 1st. They will then become available for subscribers on the 7th. It leaked two weeks before the games drop for no reason.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like we own fable now. (iirc gwg xbox 360 and xbox games allow you to own them even without gold )

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
What's up with fable anniversary? Is that fable one and two or just one? Also, this has never happened before- major usually is on top of it

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
What's up with fable anniversary? Is that fable one and two or just one? Also, this has never happened before- major usually is on top of it
It's a remake of Fable 1. (edit: fine, remaster!)
It's.... ok. I used to love Fable back on release and found this really hard to get into, the camera controls kinda make me feel ill, not sure if that's just Anniversary or if it was always like that.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
As someone who played the original Fable on Xbox (or maybe on 360 backwards compatability) and... didn't particularly care for it, has anything changed with anniversary (or is it like Halo CE: Anniversary, where it's the original game with better models)?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who played the original Fable on Xbox (or maybe on 360 backwards compatability) and... didn't particularly care for it, has anything changed with anniversary (or is it like Halo CE: Anniversary, where it's the original game with better models)?

It's exactly like Halo CE Anniversary. It's Fable but with brand new 360 era visuals. At 4k now.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Asdivine Hearts II is the GwG for Japan. Regardless of what region you're in as long as you have gold, you can claim it at this link. Be sure to translate the page so you can understand what you're doing.

アスディバインハーツII を購入 | Xbox

Edit: I put it in the OP.

Last edited:

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Asdivine Hearts II is the GwG for Japan. Regardless of what region you're in as long as you have gold, you can claim it at this link. Be sure to translate the page so you can understand what you're doing.

アスディバインハーツII を購入 | Xbox

Thanks for continuing to post these. You get me a free game extra every month. Hopefully I will find the time to give them a spin one day!

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
still can't claim 360 games since it's Visa required

アスディバインハーツII を購入 | Xbox

and play anywhere too

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Oh great for me, hope they also give Fable 2 and 3

What about the others?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Fable 3 was actually the first game given away on GwG back in June 2013.

Xbox will likely officially announce April's GwG tomorrow.

Thanks. Weird that is available without an announcement

Not everyone has GP or plan to pay full price for it.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is a pretty decent month! Grabbed both.

Tinfoil hat theory: Fable Anniversary points to Playground's Fable reboot being announced at the rumored April Xbox event.

(Probably not actually happening.)

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's so strange. Even though I have the game pass fable anniversary the game with gold is another download. Uninstalled gp edition

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Not everyone has GP or plan to pay full price for it.

Absolutely! But those who do now may feel they're not getting a 'full' GWG package this month. This isn't quite the case of "Bah, it's a game I bought before" aspect - that's always going to be a risk, and can't be helped (and believe me, I've encountered that a few times - you'll see in the past I've said things along the lines of "Excellent choices, shame I already have some (or also have via PS+), but they're great games, so enjoy!"). It's the fact that two discrete Microsoft subscriptions - that are explicitly also able to be purchased together in an official package deal from MS - have overlapping benefits.

I'm not massively affronted by any means - the turn of phrase I used was "Not entirely comfortable", and that's accurate.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely! But those who do now may feel they're not getting a 'full' GWG package this month. This isn't quite the case of "Bah, it's a game I bought before" aspect - that's always going to be a risk, and can't be helped (and believe me, I've encountered that a few times - you'll see in the past I've said things along the lines of "Excellent choices, shame I already have some (or also have via PS+), but they're great games, so enjoy!"). It's the fact that two discrete Microsoft subscriptions - that are explicitly also able to be purchased together in an official package deal from MS - have overlapping benefits.

I'm not massively affronted by any means - the turn of phrase I used was "Not entirely comfortable", and that's accurate.

With GP in focus GWG visibly stopped being a priority long ago. Its only going to get worse so either just shrug or get ready to not be entirely comfortable every month from now on (for as long as GWG still lasts that is)

You think getting a game on GP is bad, try living outside the main Xbox markets. I'd take the entire GP library over Joyride Turbo or Max and the Curse of the Brotherhood again