• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
https://www.teamvvv.com/news/project-cars-3-confirmed-to-be-in-development/

Slightly Mad Studios is currently working on Project CARS 3, according to the developer's CEO.

In a post on the GTPlanet forums,Slightly Mad's Ian Bell confirmed a sequel to Project CARS 2 is on the way, though no release date time-frames were cited.

Bell also claims Project CARS 3 will be an ambitious title, with the plan being to "blow anything else, planned by anyone else, out of the water".

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a Project Cars player but I wonder if MotorStorm/Driveclub director Rushy33 is part of that game (he joined Slightly Mad after the Onrush flop).

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Glad they're still doing it. I was never able to really dial in the controls on Pcars1 using a controller. Was 2 considered the better game?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Bell also claims Project CARS 3 will be an ambitious title, with the plan being to "blow anything else, planned by anyone else, out of the water".

By all means be confident about your product, but statements like this make my brow furrow.

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
I have 2 but I haven't really started it. The game simulates engine failure so they have my support. Hoping it sells well.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Ian Bell still a gob shite then.

The second one still had huge problems, but it was a big improvement over the first (which wasn't hard TBH), wonder what they'll do with 3.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Hopefully they allow that crowdfunding model again. I enjoyed the first game a ton and I basically paid off my copy through the revenue sharing program

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
All they need to do is polish everything they already have and improve how the game controls with controllers. If they can do that they'll have a much better sim than either Forza or GT.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

I see that Ian Bell is still his same old self heh.
I'm not a Project Cars player but I wonder if MotorStorm/Driveclub director Rushy33 is part of that game (he joined Slightly Mad after the Onrush flop).

SMS is working on a Fast and Furious game as well, I think. Maybe he's more likely to be working on that with his arcade racer pedigree?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I recall Ian Bell saying that they'd scale back on the ambition, and instead of having so many things in one game, puts more focus on certain disciplines and maybe save others for expansions.

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good. Project CARS 2 was low key one of my favourite games this generation thanks to its VR mode, track selection and car selection. While at launch it had a lot of issues, many of the things I wanted them to fix were done so over patches and it remains my go-to sim racer for VR - Assetto Corsa is fine but the VR mode is still somewhat lacking.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is surprising. Didn't Project CARS 2 have a 75% drop in sales compared to the first game?

vlaar

Banned
Sep 23, 2018
I enjoyed the first one, but pCars 2 didn't quite click for me, at least not at launch. Should I give it another go?

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Project Cars 2 is fucking great in VR and with a wheel but by god it is totally unplayable with controllers no matter how you configure them or what assists you use. It just never feels quite right.

Work on that and you've got a day one, full price sale. Otherwise I'll wait for discounts. As great as the game is, I don't have the time to set up my G29 most of the time.

Sylmaron

Oct 28, 2017
I've only played the first game but that game was terrible with a controller so I skipped the second one. I hope they'll make it fun with controllers this time.