Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope there are alt costumes because I LOVE the monster design but I just can't with that main character.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
During the stream I was convinced it was a new Nier game, until I realised pretty late into the trailer that the characters were speaking Korean and not Japanese. And then on top of that I realised, a Nier game wouldn't have graphics this good anyway.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
There might be… but knowing games like this the alt costumes would make this one look prudish

that's my worry. That any alt costumes are even worse. Total bummer because otherwise I'd be interested but that character design is so tone deaf and gross I couldn't believe I was looking at it in 2021

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Man, the gameplay looks like the devs are fans of cool, slick action games and are really passionate but it doesn't have the same level of polish as their inspirations

Hope it tightens up but it's not looking too hot

NANA

Oct 26, 2017
Awful character design, like something out of a cheap MMO, an instant turn off. The combat looks fun tho, I'd play a demo of this and forget it the next day.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The costume and the way everything else looks are at odds with each other. Part of me thinks I'm watching a Dead or Alive character, and then all these monsters pop up and she starts doing God of War shit while wearing very vibrant compression pants. I also didn't care for Bayonettas design and this feels like similar vibes. The person at the end with the yellow skull was a cooler design.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope there are alt costumes because I LOVE the monster design but I just can't with that main character.
Not sure all of these will be in the final game, but I think they've shown 4 outfits so far-
E-5VfcqVkAA517d.jpg

E-9bAjuUUAUjS9j.jpg

project_eve_1.png

pants.png

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Not sure all of these will be in the final game, but I think they've shown 4 outfits so far-
E-5VfcqVkAA517d.jpg

E-9bAjuUUAUjS9j.jpg

project_eve_1.png

pants.png

Last one I can get behind and I hope is available from the start.

Edit: on closer inspection it seems it may inexplicably still be school uniform inspired. Welp. That said it still feels like the least egregious. I am half expecting the front to just be sheer fabric though and the jeans to have some weird crotch/pubic adornment.

Last edited:

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Combat and monsters look stupendous. The design of MC however has the teenage/incel edgelord vibe of late 90s, early 2000s western design. Also, some of the camera angles during weren't so subtle about the pandering either.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Last one I can get behind and I hope is available from the start.

Edit: on closer inspection it seems it may inexplicably still be school uniform inspired. Welp. That said it still feels like the least egregious. I am half expecting the front to just be sheer fabric though and the jeans to have some weird crotch/pubic adornment.
Doesn't look like the other costumes would be available from the start. You'd have to progress to unlock them, I'm guessing. Implied by Hyung-Tae:
"You can also look forward to finding stylish costumes throughout the game to change Eve's look." (source)
There might be… but knowing games like this the alt costumes would make this one look prudish
The founder of the company is Hyung-tae Kim, who does a lot of sexualised female designs. Their other game is even more sexualised and sexist, so yeah.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Doesn't look like the other costumes would be available from the start. You'd have to progress to unlock them, I'm guessing. Implied by Hyung-Tae:
"You can also look forward to finding stylish costumes throughout the game to change Eve's look." (source)

The founder of the company is Hyung-tae Kim, who does a lot of sexualised female designs. Their other game is even more sexualised and sexist, so yeah.

Oh what the fuck at that video. I thought I'd seen it all with the handful of Gatcha games I'd played.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

Sigh... Alex and Audi getting targeted by capital G gamers for not liking the MC design.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
I like that there is another Korean single-player game... They make way too many MMOs.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Combat and world looks good, but the protagonist design is a huge turn off. It's really hard to take the game story seriously with costumes like these.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully her run speed is pretty swift. It felt great controlling characters in Nier Automata and Forspoken has great traversal as well.

CamberGreber

Banned
Dec 27, 2019
People suggesting anyone who doesnt include in there posts an aknowlegement of the objectified character automatically is supporting it is setting a horrible precedent in this forum.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Maybe I am just easily pleased, but the game looks tremendous. That it's not a cross gen game helps, I suppose.

And this is by a company from a country not traditionally known for this type of games, so that's that too.

War95

Banned
Feb 17, 2021
The game looks really really good but yeah, i dont know why i need to see the ass of this pretty lady every 10 seconds

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
People suggesting anyone who doesnt include in there posts an aknowlegement of the objectified character automatically is supporting it is setting a horrible precedent in this forum.

You should quote the posts you have an issue with so a more thoughtful and directed discussion can be had.

FWIW, I think you're also missing a bit of the context around those posts. After the thread had been reopened after being locked due to extreme and frequent dismissals of sexism and objectification, there was a resumption/increase in "game looks sick" type posts. In the specific context of this trailer and the discourse around it making a number of posters uncomfortable, glib celebratory and congratulatory posts *could possibly be* construed as dismissive of the issue. I don't think much if any criticism was directed at people just discussing art aspects of the game or the history of the designer or the models for the monsters, (or heck, even the whole thread about all the PS5 purchases). It was very specifically just some skepticism around glib and insubstantive responses and a request for people to maybe "read the room" and be a bit more tactful and thoughtful in a thread which had enough controversy to warrant a pinned staff communication. The same way you'd probably not just post insubstantive one-liners in a thread about an issue of race or ethnicity or any other number of sensitive topics in video games or broader life.

Said differently, I don't think anyone was really arguing for absolutes in the vein of if person X posts a thread about how much they like Metal Gear Solid V, that anyone who replies to said thread without saying "Quiet's depiction is sexist and objectifying" should be denounced as some sort of bigoted monster.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty neat, kind of like a mix between MGR:R and Nier: Automata. Maybe a little Devil May Cry as well.

CamberGreber

Banned
Dec 27, 2019
You should quote the posts you have an issue with so a more thoughtful and directed discussion can be had.

FWIW, I think you're also missing a bit of the context around those posts. After the thread had been reopened after being locked due to extreme and frequent dismissals of sexism and objectification, there was a resumption/increase in "game looks sick" type posts. In the specific context of this trailer and the discourse around it making a number of posters uncomfortable, glib celebratory and congratulatory posts *could possibly be* construed as dismissive of the issue. I don't think much if any criticism was directed at people just discussing art aspects of the game or the history of the designer or the models for the monsters, (or heck, even the whole thread about all the PS5 purchases). It was very specifically just some skepticism around glib and insubstantive responses and a request for people to maybe "read the room" and be a bit more tactful and thoughtful in a thread which had enough controversy to warrant a pinned staff communication. The same way you'd probably not just post insubstantive one-liners in a thread about an issue of race or ethnicity or any other number of sensitive topics in video games or broader life.

Said differently, I don't think anyone was really arguing for absolutes in the vein of if person X posts a thread about how much they like Metal Gear Solid V, that anyone who replies to said thread without saying "Quiet's depiction is sexist and objectifying" should be denounced as some sort of bigoted monster.
I think its an reasonable assumption that posters who want to celebrate there excitement about a game should be able to post that excitement reguardless of whether or not other members think that every post in this thread from now on needs to address the problematic depictions of the game. Maybe its wrong for members to try and enforce what they feel the thread should only be about. Its not right and it sets a bad precedent.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
This reminds me of Haydee lol.

Seems like a competent game with such a terrible character design.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Loots neat to me, in for a PC copy, but i wish they'd cut the hair back or do *something* to prevent all the clipping.

If they'll go the Automata route I hope the story holds up. But having played other games from Hyung-tae Kim, I severely doubt it will.

Grandia

Dec 13, 2017
looks amzing, loving the atmosphere, designs and battle concepts shown, if i have the time i will def' buy day 1

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
What are "womb decorations"?

Decorative pieces specifically designed to highlight a woman's chastity, or lack there of.

First outfit is a glowing light placed directly over the womb, second outfit is a decretive peace roughly in the shape of a womb extending down to her crotch.

Usually these are seen as tattoos but...considering they're all skin tight body suits, they may as well be.

Man, so, that second outfit, puts this girl of dubious age in a sailor suit with an ornament highlighting her ovaries.

ayabreadissapointed4ayvw.jpg

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
The game looks really fun with some really interesting looking environments and visuals, but damn is it let down by such a boring main character design.
Very low effort idea of what is "sexy" with a weird and forgettable face.
It's a shame really because Hyung Tae Kim is really good at making striking looking characters so I dunno what happened here.

Deku_o4a

Oct 27, 2017
It's actually closer to Souls than any of those games (as in how the combat movement and camera works and the lack of aerial combat), though in a more flashy way.

Interesting. The enemy's movement reminds me a lot of the Headless Ape boss from Sekiro. There also seems to be a focus on posture.
Makes me quite excited about this game tbh. I love Sekiro.