• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
For those who don't know, this has been the most dificult game to translate out of all unlocalized Fire Emblem games. This means that all Fire Emblem games are available in English now with high quality translations.

Everything has been translated including menus, items, epilogues, etc.

You can get everything you need over at r/fireemblem or Serenes Forest Thread. Here.

Important notes from the team:

IMPORTANT: Not all emulators are compatible with Project Exile, because the ROM has been expanded. It will work with Snes9x without any additional effort on your part. PE is also compatible with the ZSNES 8MB custom build. Finally, bsnes is also compatible, but only if you use the XML file provided in the download (it's in the "Optional" folder).

I've seen reports of this working with the SNES mini, too!

Image gallery

Great day for all Fire Emblem fans.

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
That's a great thing though I forgot Thracia 776 was a Fire Emblem subtitle so I expected something else from the title. I'll play it after I'm done with Genealogy of the Holy War

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice.
Was it the hardest to translated due to coding issues, or does the game have more text than the others?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
This old patch was functional, glad to see we've finally gotten a complete patch. This game is brutally, borderline unfairly, difficult game. The awful fog of war mechanic and the stamina system make this game a nightmare at times.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when this game was released the main discussion at the time with some friends was "See? Nintendo 64 fucking sucks so bad even Nintendo prefer to release their latest Fire Emblem game on SNES in 1999" lol.

It's a cool title, and I'm glad this finally has a complete translation.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Game is fucking brutal, I had to look up strategies many many times.

This is a no shame save state game, where you'll have anywhere from 4-6 states per battle, and 1-2 back up for old battles just in case you NEED a character in a latter stage and they ran out of stamina.

Also I can't stress enough to new players, look up maps for every fog of war battle, or else you'll redo the same battle 4-5 times just figuring out where you actually need to go.

Also this images sums up how borderline romhack hard this game is

D78b9plWsAAbzFY

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You can MISS healing?
Wow, stuff like that + the previous posts that game sounds like the devs actively hated the players and wanted to torture them in game form.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
You can MISS healing?
Wow, stuff like that + the previous posts that game sounds like the devs actively hated the players and wanted to torture them in game form.

Also in the escape levels, if your lord Leaf escapes and any of your soldiers are on the map, they get captured and you have to rescue the them later in the game.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
You can MISS healing?
Well, to be honest, this is the game that Shouzou Kaga was making when he decided to give Intelligent Systems the finger and quit to start his own company and make a blatant Fire Emblem clone for the PlayStation.

So he didn't hate the players as much as he hated his bosses.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, three houses has got me in the mood, thid looks like a good excuse

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean all of the Fire Emblem games have fully English versions, or is FE4 still not at a fully clean state as a translated game?

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is a game that really needs a remake, if only to make it more balance and not stupid difficult for asshole reasons.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This is a no shame save state game, where you'll have anywhere from 4-6 states per battle, and 1-2 back up for old battles just in case you NEED a character in a latter stage and they ran out of stamina.

Also I can't stress enough to new players, look up maps for every fog of war battle, or else you'll redo the same battle 4-5 times just figuring out where you actually need to go.

D78b9plWsAAbzFY
LOL yep that picture says it all. Thracia is so unfairly difficult.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the playtesters critism (if they were not just entirely ignored) must be a funny thing to read, considering the amount of bullshit they must have had to go through.

wxMak

Oct 27, 2017
Just in time for me to be finishing my run through of FE4. Ive played through a bit of Thracia already so I already some of the bullshit this game throws your way, but excited to do a full playthrough of this game.

Does this mean all of the Fire Emblem games have fully English versions, or is FE4 still not at a fully clean state as a translated game?
FE4 has a fully translated patch that is way better than the one before it. Project Naga is the patch, iirc.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good to see, the previous Thracia patch was good enough to play the game and understand everything but it wasn't nearly as polished as it could have been.

The game is hard, but there are lots of borderline broken mechanics/characters that the player can take advantage of as well. I would never claim the game is particularly well-balanced, but it is a fun challenge and I would recommend it to people. If you like the GBA games, this one cemented a lot of map design ethos that would go on to inform those games.

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
I can't believe we live in a world where both SMT if and now Fire Emblem 5 are completely in English with quality translations. Unreal!

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
You can MISS healing?
Missing an attack that an opponent will want to evade/block if possible, sure but missing a heal that your teammate is willing to stand there front and center, praying for it....like what?

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh how badly I wish Nintendo would do this with the SNES Fire Emblems.
Tell me about it.

At least from the supposed leaks of Three Houses and how the game seems to be shaping up, there are a lot of parallels to Genealogy so people are hoping that it gets remade next, aside from the fact that it's chronologically the next one up. People need to know how good Sigurd is damn it.

Feb 12, 2019
The last translation patch was "functional" at best, so I'm glad Thracia finally has a good translation. Now people can deal with the game's sadistic, borderline-unfair nonsense while also understanding what's happening in the story!

Seriously though, Thracia is probably one of my favorite FE games. Just, uh, feel no shame in looking things up because there's a lot of stuff you can miss, and a lot of that stuff is fairly important.

Boney

Oct 28, 2017
Santiago

D78b9plWsAAbzFY
The game is hard and even unfairly hard at times. But this image example is just a bad.

First things first, in terms of story; Tahra was the only City to openly rebel against Imperial opression. They bribed functionaries and hired mercenaries to defend themselves, but the Jugrdal Empire wants to make an example out of it and crush it. The mercenaries flee and the empire moves in. So Leif's army arrives to help fight a hopeless battle, one which they cannot realistically win but have to fight in terms of principles. The game does a great job at painting how futile it is and the actual level reflects this appropriately.

So let's break down the image. First of all, this is a defense map. You only need to survive for 15 turns, so you don't need to fight this "Insulting" boss that is on the south east. The boss won't move at all. So why is he there? Well, the house he is guarding contains a secret event if you visit it with one of the units that joins your army at the start of the map. He's a promoted Wyvern Lord with insane stats, but he alone cannot take on that squadron. The secret event rewards you with his personal weapon, the Dragon Lance which is basically a better Brave Lance. It's really good but it's complete overkill as he does just fine with Silver and Killer Lance for the duration of the game. If you do want to get it, you can easily warp and return him turn 1 with any of your staff users.

The second boss, the one that rushes you starts near this new promoted Wyvern Lord you just got. The boss gets one rounded by him or any other strong unit you have and can be killed as early as Turn Two with the Wyvern Lord no problem without leaving you at risk thanks to Canto allowing for hit and run tactics.

The 4 Ballistas that start near you can hit the where the side walls get broken down but cannot hit the center of the town. They also have mediocre accuracy since it's a regular Ballista, not the Iron one. You can deal with it by rushing with your Cavalry or by staying in the middle and defend those choke points.

The armored reinforcements are pathetic. They have Hand Axes, Javellins or Hammers mostly. All which are awful weapons that have terrible accuracy and low might. They're not particularily bulky either and will get wiped out by any decent unit.

The dark mages that start coming later, which can't do anything on the first turn they appear if you're inside the city can hit pretty hard since magic is super op in this game but have low accuracy. Any of your magic units or units with good avoid will make quick work of them.

The Draco Knights that appear near the end of the turn limit are the biggest threat, but can be dealt easily if you put your bulky units on the southern choke points and start withdrawing youir squishy units.

There's good examples of Thracia purposely kicking you in the balls. Chapter 4 and the whole of the Manster Arc is a good example. But this photo is just a terrible example "rom hack" like difficulty.