• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

do you proofread your posts/threads

• yes, i am a coward

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • no, yolo

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
whenever I typed long essays I was always paranoid that I accidentally typed a curse word into it

Venatio

Oct 25, 2017
No...proofreading is where real writing begins. It's just shit until you refine it. Unless you're one of those freaks that can edit in their head as they write.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
The right strategy is to proofread immediately after you make a post and hope you edit it before someone catches it.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
If you don't want to communicate effectively, be my guest. Don't complain when people make fun of you or don't understand tho!

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
mayors seed odes an dough seed odes an ladle lam seed eye fee

a kit ill leed eye fee to wood tend ewe

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
The right strategy is to proofread immediately after you make a post and hope you edit it before someone catches it.

This is my life.

In work emails I get a 90 second window in order to proof read where I can undo. For long emails, I get over it quickly and say "fuck it" and hit send, but then scan for issues and hit UNDO to revise it. This can go for several cycles.

Posting here, I'll often make several edits to fix my shitty grammar.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
qtNQln5.jpg

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
You get bonus points if you stress out and rethink the content of your post a million times, resulting in you completely overlooking the pile of embarrassing typos through which your incredibly well-thought-out content is conveyed.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i just try to get the post out of my brain as quickly as possible and then edit it ten times to make myself look like less of an idiot.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
exactly! that's why i just write my thought as quickly as possible and then fix it up. or delete it.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
just put a period or "nevermind" or something

can mods read old edits and drafts?