ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
The coin declares "KEEP THE CARAVANS COMING" under an image of a parade of migrants crossing the border.

ProPublica said:
An unofficial commemorative coin has been circulating among Border Patrol agents at the U.S./Mexico border, mocking the task of caring for migrant children and other duties that have fallen to agents as families cross into the U.S.

On the front, the coin declares "KEEP THE CARAVANS COMING" under an image of a massive parade of people carrying a Honduran flag — a caricature of the "caravan" from last fall, which started in Honduras and attracted thousands of people as it moved north. (While the caravan included many women and children, the only visible figures on the coin appear to be adult men.)

It's not clear who created the coin or how widely it's been circulated among border agents. But Border Patrol agents in California and Texas — on opposite ends of the U.S./Mexico border — had seen the coin circulated at their workplaces. One of the agents received a coin in April when a colleague brought several to pass around at the office; the other was shown an online order form for the coins by a colleague at work. Both said the coins were promoted via the secret Facebook group for current and former Border Patrol officials that, as ProPublica recently detailed, included racist and violent posts.

The coin appears to have been designed, ordered and distributed months into the surge of Central American families at the border. Coins were being distributed to agents by late April, before the current wave of public attention and outrage over conditions for migrants in Border Patrol custody. The three-year-old group, which has roughly 9,500 members, shared derogatory comments about Latina lawmakers who plan to visit a controversial Texas detention facility on Monday, calling them "scum buckets" and "hoes." Customs and Border Protection officials said they did not know about the coin until contacted by ProPublica. They said they would investigate it for potential trademark violation since the coin includes the Border Patrol's logo.

20190712-border-patrol-coin-d-3x2.jpg

The Struggler

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
The fact that people are proud and happy for this shit sickens me to my fucking core, to them its a pun to a joke.

Oct 26, 2017
I miss the days when our country was just embarrassing and pathetic. Or rather, when I thought that was all we were. At this point, we're outright cold, heartless, and evil.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
What more can really be said? The joy they take in being shitheads puts them into a different reality. There is no talking with these people, they have made a choice to enjoy the cruelty.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
Anyone who has one of these is a piece of shit. It's like the secret assassin currency in John Wick but for racist scumbags. If you have one, you're one of them.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Burn the whole organization to the ground. I can't imagine you possibly being a good person and wanting to actually do this job. At least cops serve some good purposes

free_bubble

Oct 27, 2017
Stupid heartless bullies. These people aren't fit to sweep floors let alone provide the humanitarian services that coin mocks.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worth exactly one unit of the new Lib Ownership Economy

After I saw a border agent drink toilet water to own the Libs, I realized their discontent is boundless

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If only someone had talked to these victims of circumstance in their youth.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I have no doubt there are "good" border patrol agents. But for someone to especially leave whatever City they live in to go to the border, you'd have to be pretty fucking racist and have a desire "to keep the illegals out". It's no surprise their secret Facebook group has vile comments in it.

Oct 26, 2017
This is who we have to give more funding to because that's what is stopping these racists from being nice to kids in cages!

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
"It's not clear who created the coin," huh?

If only we knew of someone out there whom is also into ordering commemorative coins to celebrate dubious events?? 🤔

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
Yeah, but the next time a guy comes into your local bar and slams one of these puppies next to your Long Island Tea (sus), you're going to feel pretty damn foolish for not having a similarly Pog-like proof of reality.

You'd have to go home, immediately, and guess who is going to finish your Long Island?

That's right. That guy; nestled in that weird little 3-feet hallway that leads into the restroom of most places.

You just bought some enterprising guy 1/3:s worth of a drink. Man, the egg on your face if I could see it.

//"Challenge-coins" is a psychotic phenomenon, and so is whatever the fuck this is.

Last edited: